Heartbreak

It is our fate to meet and fall in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo chokes in tears immediately after Jong Kook runs out of the house. She saw how Jong Kook cried in pain when she initiated the breakup.

"Oppa...mianhe...but this is the best I can do for you..I love you so much..but how can I be so selfish and keep you to myself? You have a good future ahead of you..." Ji Hyo sobs.

The sliding door opens and Ji Hyo's grandma walks in. 

"My dear.." Ji Hyo's grandma sits right beside Ji Hyo and she gave her a tight embrace.

"Ji Hyo ah...halmeoni knows that Jong Kook is a good guy and he will treat you well...It is not that halmeoni doesn't accept your relationship...but this is too much for you and him...Do you understand halmeoni??" 

Ji Hyo nods slightly. "Halmeoni..ara...I know everything...there are lots of instances when I am thinking if this relationship is going to go well...but my love for oppa goes beyond my worry..."

"Ji Hyo ah..you have to learn to let it go...let Jong Kook go to the place that suits him...probably you two might meet again in the future and when that time comes, and you two still have feelings for each other, halmeoni will agree to you two dating, okay?" Ji Hyo's grandma pats Ji Hyo's back.

"Jinjja? Halmeoni..you will agree if it is in the future??" 

Ji Hyo's grandma nods her head. "Neh..halmeoni saw how you two have feelings for each other..but now, the time is not right for you two to date. Halmeoni is not a old-minded person, so I will agree...but to one condition, we will move house, alright? Let's live somewhere else and halmeoni will enrol you into another school, neh?"

Ji Hyo looks up at her grandma in blank. She has never thought of leaving the area she was so used to for the 6 years she has lived her in Cheongdam.

"Ji Hyo ah...I am not asking much..but we will leave this area..so that you and Jong Kook can lead your lives away from each other, okay?"

Ji Hyo could only nod. Moving house means that they will probably not meet for now and maybe the pain in their heart will subside. It was the best decision that she can make for now......

 

Jong Kook runs into his house. He bursts into his room and collapsed onto the ground crying.

"Ji Hyo ah...it hurts so much...why do you want to let go of me?" Jong Kook hugs his chest while wailing out loud.

"...You love me, don't you?? I love you too.." Jong Kook picked up the pieces of papers lying on his mini desk. 

Those papers were the lyrics he wrote for Ji Hyo.

"I could only keep looking at you when you were drunk.

I couldn’t look away, I kept stealing glimpses of you.

Many days have passed, but I keep thinking of you.

I worried about what excuse to give and so another day has passed.

Because you were so pretty, because your eyes were so pretty. 

You stole my heart the second I saw you.

Because you’re so pretty, because when you laugh, you’re so pretty

You stole my heart the instant I saw you."

 

 

Jong Kook stares teary-eyed at the paper filled of the heartfelt words he wanted to say to Ji Hyo. His heart was bleeding. Never has he felt so hurt after a breakup in the past. Even though he only knew Ji Hyo for a month, it seemed that they have known for a long time. It was unlike his previous girlfriend when he felt nothing after the breakup. 

But this time, it was really tough. Ji Hyo has given him hope, but all the hope he felt had disappeared. He felt like that he lost everything that he had......

 

The next morning...

Ji Hyo packs up her things and puts her things in the box.

"Ji Hyo ah..keep this too inside the box and close it with tape."

"Neh.." Ji Hyo answered restlessly. 

She finished tidying up her room and helped her grandma with moving the boxes out.

"Ji Hyo ah..the truck is here..the ahjusshi will help with moving it to the truck, so go up the truck first.." Ji Hyo's grandma tells Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo nods silently and she picked up he rbag and heads to the truck. She sat on the backseat of the truck.

Her eyes turn and were fixed on one place,  the front of Jong Kook's house.

Tears form. She used her palms to cup her face. She tried hard not to cry because her grandma would see it when she comes. But it was too hard. 

She felt so sad at the thought of not being able to see Jong Kook for a long time and maybe forever.

The truck was loaded and Ji Hyo's grandma sat in the truck. "Ahjusshi..please head to this address...at our new house.." Ji Hyo's grandma told the driver their new address. They are going to rent a small apartment at Ilsan.

The truck moves and Ji Hyo kept her eyes on Jong Kook's house. The truck passes by the gate and Ji Hyo looks back through the back window of the truck.

"Annyeong..oppa...I hope that you will be able to live happily without me. Please continue to work hard and succeed as a teacher...I will miss you dearly...oppa..." Ji Hyo thinks silently and she cannot help but tear silently...

 

Jong Kook was lying lifelessly on his mattress. He was in a bad state, his hair messy and his whole face swollen up because of the whole night crying.

He cannot stop crying because his heart ached so much. Throughout the night, he thought it through and realised that Ji Hyo initiated the breakup because of him. She wanted him to stay on in his job, so she forced herself to give up this relationship. Ji Hyo cared about him all these while and that made him in pain because he knew he had hurt Ji Hyo badly because of him.

Jong Kook sat up on his mattress. He looks through the window of his house and watched the opposite street.

He saw a different house. The porch of Ji Hyo's house was empty. All the pots of flowers were missing.

Jong Kook quickly stood up and he runs of his house towards Ji Hyo's house.

He walked into the gate and he felt his legs go jell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter