Knowing the future

It is our fate to meet and fall in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Bo Youngie???" Ji Hyo looks at the petite woman in front of her. She looks quite different from the young Bo Young but there is still some similarities, her laugh.

"Yeah..unnie! Why are you standing there? Pali come in!" Bo Young lets Ji Hyo go in. 

Ji Hyo steps into the house. It looks slightly different from 10 years ago. 

"Unnie..how is your job interview today?" Asked Bo Young.

"What job interview?" 

"Yah..unnie! You forgot about the job interview?! You applied to a company..."

"Jinjja? Oh I didn't go..." Ji Hyo answers as she stares at Bo Young.

"Bo Youngie..what date is today??" Ji Hyo asks again, although she has asked this question many times today already.

"Today is the last day of 2025. Unnie..why are you asking me this??" Bo Young looks confused at Ji Hyo.

"Really? It is really 2025??" 

"Eh..unnie, you are really weird today.."

"Wait..Bo Youngie..so in a few hours time is really year 2026? We are in 2026??"

"Yah unnie! Jinjja!! See, I bought so much food so that we can celebrate new year eve..."

"So it is real..we are in 2026.." Ji Hyo mumbles by herself.

"Unnie..mwuh? What did you say??"

"Ani..then I return to my room first.." Ji Hyo said and she hurries to her room that she and her grandma sleep together 10 years ago.

"Neh..unnie, I'll heat up the food and we eat together, neh?! I got alcohol too!!" Bo Young said excitedly.

"Ah arasso.." Ji Hyo quickly goes into the room and she locks the door. She looks around her room. It was almost the same except now there is only one bed when there was two single beds in the past.

Ji Hyo walks to her study table. She saw photos of her and her grandma and then she looked up. 

Up above her study table was her grandma's morgue photo hanging.

Ji Hyo holds herself stable against the chair. Tears run as she stares at her grandma's calm face with a faint smile.

"Halmeoni..." Ji Hyo takes the photo and she hugs it. "Mianhe...I should have been more concerned about you...Our neighbour said that you died because of a heart blockage. If I brought you to the hospital for a checkup...you wouldn't have left me...Halmeoni, I'm so sorry..." Ji Hyo hugs the morgue photo tightly and she sits down on the bed.

"Halmeoni..what else happen during the past 10 years? Why did I come to the future??" Ji Hyo asks in confusion. 

She saw a box of things under the table and she went to take it. She uncovers everything and she saw some of her grandma's belongings. 

She cried even harder when she saw the graduation photo of her with her grandma.

"Halmeoni...I graduated? I went to a university and graduated??" Ji Hyo sobs.

"Halmeoni..you must be happy that I graduated..right?" A faint smile comes across Ji Hyo's face as she watched the 'older' her in the convocation gown with a bunch of flowers and posing a photo with her grandma.

She continues to flip through the belongings of her grandma and there was a letter written to her.

"Ji Hyo ah..this is for you...Halmeoni is very sorry...Although you insisted that I go to the hospital for treatment for my blocked artery, halmeoni knows that I cannot make it and I'm very sorry that I can't keep the promise of taking care of you, my girl..You are forever my darling, my little girl that I remember 24 years ago...Thank you, my dear for growing up from the cheerful little girl to the young mature lady now...Now that you are old enough, I trust that you are able to take care of yourself, right? Please take good care of yourself and eat and sleep more...Halmeoni doesn't want to see you sick like me, aratji? And get a good job and then also get a boyfriend too, get married and have lots of babies and live happily in a family, neh? Halmeoni knows that you have someone still in your heart, so please don't be afraid and go for it...Have someone to love you and cherish you..and though halmeoni doesn't have the chance to see you get married, I will be giving you my blessings..Take care, Ji Hyo ah...Halmeoni loves you lots..." 

Ji Hyo finished reading the letter and she broke down. "Halmeoni...gomawo...Thank you for being my grandma...Although I have been naughty and disobeyed your words, you still endure me, you still give me love...Gomawo, halmeoni...I love you too, halmeoni.." Ji Hyo sobs and she gives her kiss on the photo.

After she has finished, she put the hings back to the original state. Frankly speaking, she was still in a confused state after knowing about her unexpected future 10 years later.

She then noti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter