The absence

It is our fate to meet and fall in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Kook woke up on his own mattress. He was crying for the whole night that his eyes have long turned swollen.

He got up and went to his fridge and took a few pieces of ice. Wrapping the ice cubes in a towel, he pressed his eyelids with the eyes, hoping the swell will be better before lessons start.

He wore his sweatshirt and pants and he walked out of his house to his porch. It was slightly early so there he was, looking at the opposite of his house, Ji Hyo's grandma's house. 

The door didn't open and there was no movement in the house. Jong Kook was keeping watch all the while. Neither Song Ji Hyo or her grandma left the house.

 

Jong Kook returned back to his house because he was running late.

He wore his clothes and after eating a simple breakfast, he cycled his way to his school.

He entered the office and Mr Yoo and the principal were already in the office waiting for him.

"Annyeonghaseyo..Yoo seon saengnim, principal..." Jong Kook greeted politely.

"Ah Kim seon saengnim..good that you are here early. We have something to talk to you about...Come to the office..." The principal says.

"So what happened yesterday, Kim seon saengnim..We need to hear your explanation, because the parent has lodged a complaint against you.." The principal told Jong Kook.

"Jwesonghaminda..Principal, Yoo Seon saengnim..what I did yesterday was a bit too rude. But I was doing what it is necessary for my student's welfare. That father isn't a responsible father to the girl and I felt that it wasn't my duty to explain to him about his daughter's issues to him."

"Really? But that is her real father. How can you deny him from knowing how her daughter has been acting in school?? She is a huge troublemaker in school, do you know that?" The principal asked.

"Precisely I know that, and all the more, I felt that I shouldn't have revealed all about the girl's situation to him. How can that father help her?! He didn't want her at all! How can he do something that can help his daughter?! Principal, what do you think?! As a father, would you see someone's daughter being treated like that?" Jong Kook was speaking to the principal very agitatedly.

"Alright..calm down..Kim seon saengnim.." Mr Yoo pulled Jong Kook aside to calm him down.

Jong Kook looks at the principal with pleading eyes. "Jaebal. Principal..don't force the girl to follow her appa..because her appa hasn't been responsible to her all these while.."

The principal thought for a while. 

"Alright..Kim seon saengnim..I understand your stand now. For now, I shall let you be in charge for that girl. Whatever it is, make sure she is well and she will be able to continue with her studies well and graduate without causing too much problem to our school's reputation."

Jong Kook made a polite bow. "Neh principal..Kamsahaminda.." He said thankfully.

 

Jong Kook returned to his staff table afterwards. 

Mr Yoo was following behind him.

"Kim seon saengnim...I hope that while you help the girl, you won't cross your boundary." Mr Yoo says sternly.

"What do you mean, Yoo seon saengnim?" Jong Kook looks at Mr Yoo confused.

"Your heart...Jong Kook ah...as a hyung, I would like to advise you to keep it safe...don't fall in love with someone who is too young..." Mr Yoo pats Jong Kook's back and he leaves with those words.

Jong Kook pats his chest. My heart? It can't be...how can I fall in love with Song Ji Hyo???

 

Jong Kook returned to the class for his lessons.

He walked inside the class. It was rowdy everyday before lessons. 

"Good morning, students! Are everyone present?" Jong Kook asked casually.

"Seon saengnim! Ji Hyo is not present!" Yeo Jin, as the class chairperson answers.

"Jinjja?" Jong Kook looked up to Ji Hyo's table. It was empty.

Jong Kook stares at the empty table for a long time. His heart felt empty, but he didn't know why.

"Then what about the others? Is the others here?" Jong Kook forced a smile at his students and they are all present.

"Okay good..let us start with the lessons for today...Take out your math textbook..."

 

Jong Kook was teaching his students math.

"Seon saengnim!" Yeo Jin called suddenly in the middle of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter