Strawberry

Twelve Majestic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Okay, what the is going on?”


It was that kind of question you don't know how to answer, despite its intense obviousness. We all shared a look between one another, looking puzzled (we all felt puzzled, because we don't know the answer) Kyungsoo looked dubious, annoyed even; and his eyes flickered from each and every one of us. His orbs were naturally wide and intense. The amount of danger in his stare was making me shiver.

“We don't know,” Joonmyeon answered softly, his eyes squinting a little as if he didn't know what Kyungsoo would do right now. I looked around me, noticing that everyone was now gone, and that only we were present.

“How do you not know? How come she’s not affected? Is there anyone else beside you? Why are you dressed up weirdly?” Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow after firing up all of his questions. I was quite surprised, because he struck me as a quiet person, but he was extremely talkative at the moment. Joonmyeon's eyes twitched a little, and if I didn't know better, I would have thought he was growing annoyed for some reason.

“Um,” I took a step forward. The boy’s eyes didn't even move from Joonmyeon's. “How about I heal yo—“

“I didn't direct these questions to you, did I?” Kyungsoo snapped his eyes to mine furiously, eyebrows squinted. He didn't even bother shooting me a sarcastic smile. I figured he wasn't one to smile at all. I was very surprised of his snappy response, and I discreetly took a step behind Xiumin, pursing my lips.

“First of all, you don't talk to her like that. I don't care what kind of personalities you harbor,” Joonmyeon sent Kyungsoo a thin-lipped smile, annoyance oozing out of his eyes. He raised a finger up to stop Kyungsoo from replying. “Second of all, how about we go to our given dorm and discuss about this later on,” I saw Kyungsoo sending the older guy a dirty glare, but his lips were automatically shut in a pursed line.

“He speaks so.. liberally,” I commented with a whisper to Xiumin, and the guy turned around to give me a confused look. I noticed from the corner of my eye Kai and Sehun had turned around to listen to our conversation. “I mean, you guys were so cautious when I first attained you, but Kyungsoo seems almost like he doesn't care about the consequences,” I completed once I saw Xiumin’s confusion.

“Ah,” Xiumin’s face morphed into one of understatement. “That's his personality. Even though he knows he is risking a lot by rebelling, he still acts like that. He doesn't care if you would punish him, he still won't shut up.”

“So he is not scared of Wielders?” I whispered, eyes widening in disbelief. I snuck a look at the shorter boy, and I found him sharing an intense stare down with Joonmyeon before detouring his stare to Baekhyun, who gave him a small smirk (I tell you, this boy isn't capable of giving a genuine smile) I looked back at Xiumin, realizing he was staring at Kyungsoo as well.

“He is scared. We can never detach that fear out of our lives anymore. He just, likes to act like he doesn't, like he has a mind of his own and a mouth of his own. He doesn't like this situation not one bit. He was probably the one out of us all that kept the scars and wounds over the years.”

“That's sad..” I blurted without realizing, and Xiumin let out a small laugh while ruffling my hair. That movement seemed to catch Kyungsoo's eyes.

“I don't think so,” Xiumin breathed, a proud smile on his face, though his eyes were twinkling with worry. “I believe he's a fighter like that. He wants to mold his own fate, and he doesn't care if it caused very bad results. He likes to believe he has a choice in everything he does, that's bravery. I think he's braver than us all,” Xiumin gave Kyungsoo a wave when Kyungsoo’s eyes fell on him, and Kyungsoo replied at it with a squint of his eyes. He apparently wasn't a guy for feelings too.

“When you say it like that, I think you are right,” I gave Xiumin a light smile, before looking back at Kyungsoo. The boy immediately scowled at me when our eyes met, but I wasn't scared of him like I were before. I took a step forward, but he didn't step back. He kept his eyes on me, strong and steady. His personality was something else.

“Can I have your hands, please?” I asked as politely as I could, and I heard a snort from Sehun that I very much ignored (I noticed the stare Kyungsoo merely passed on to Sehun whom was behind me)

“Why the do you want my hands?” Kyungsoo gritted his teeth, fiddling with his hands together almost unconsciously. I wanted to roll my eyes, but I knew I shouldn't be acting so careless in front of him because he was new, and he probably didn't know any of my perspectives yet.

“Um, so I can heal you?” I awkwardly smiled, and I saw Kyungsoo giving a ridiculing look to my warriors, the corner of his lips lifting up in hidden amusement.

“She can even ing heal? Tell me I’m not the only one who thinks this is so ing odd,” Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows, waiting for a reaction. Most of the boys rolled their eyes, while Baekhyun's lips curled.

“Yeah, can you imagine it,” Baekhyun shot me a look, and I swore there was amusement twirling in his eyes. I ignored Baekhyun after giving him a look (which he scoffed at) and whipped my head back to Kyungsoo with a sweet smile – or at least I hoped it looked sweet enough.

“C’mon,” I tried persuading by lifting both my hands so he could put his on top. He barely flickered his eyes to them. “I’ve done it before. I’ll make you look good as new.”

“Thanks,” he spat, crossing his arms over his chest. “I like to flaunt all my battle wounds, makes me feel like I survived an apocalypse.”

“Are you.. sure?” I blinked my eyes. I couldn't exactly understand why someone would want to have their scars all showing, but if everyone thought like Kyungsoo did, it might just be justified. Not like his thoughts aren't justified in the first place. He just seems quite odd to me.

“Positive. Where are we going now?” Kyungsoo responded with boredom clearly visible in his whole figure, and I blew out a sigh before twirling around, facing the door.

“The dorms, here we come!”


-


“I want that.”

I looked at what Kyungsoo pointed at blankly – his wide eyes slightly smaller than usual – and I realized he was pointing at a fist-sized chocolate chip muffin that looked too delicious (the chocolate chips were made with dark chocolate and there were smaller, strawberry flavored chips too). My eyes twinkled at the sight of a bunch of them behind the sheer glass of the cafeteria's food counter. All students were given free meals if they were basics – like rice, fruits, small portions of vegetables and meat – but you have to buy the rest if you wanted, especially junk food.

“Pfft, a muffin, Kyungsoo hyung?” Sehun bit down his lips to suppress his laughter, and Kyungsoo shot him a deadly, unamused stare.

It was the second day of this trip, and my excitement was plummeting down the longer I stayed. I realized that most students avoided me like the plague. I knew it was because of my strong aura, and the fact I carelessly asked for my opponent’s card after I kicked his – this should have made me feel proud of myself, and I was excited to earn a few friends from the new school, because none of them knew of my… peculiarities. Now I was downright disappointed.

We were in the cafeteria, lined up for food. No one seemed to care that my warriors were with me, or the fact they were joking around each other (maybe they did care, but were too afraid to say anything) it wasn't the same attitude I received back in my own school, maybe because they witnessed some of my embarrassing scenes for some of them to lose their respect (not like I cared for that) they were downright terrified in here, and I wondered if it had something to do with my opponent. Was he a respected person in here? Super strong? He seemed pretty pathetic to me.

“What's ing wrong with ordering a muffi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter