Chapter 29

Forever and Always

Joon opened his eyes and the first thing he saw is the ceiling of the place where he is in, slowly he adjusted himself into a sitting position, he finally saw that he is in the hospital and no one is inside it.

“Hyung?!” Mir asked as he entered the room. “Hyung.” He run towards him. “Are you okay?” he asked and then he pressed the button to call a nurse or doctor. “Than God you are awake Hyung.”

“You changed your hair style?” Joon aked as he saw the different color of Mir’s hair.

“Neh, hyung. We need too.” Mir smiled.

“NaYeon?” Joon asked.

Mir don’t know what to say and thank God the doctors came.

“LeeJoon shi. How are you feeling?” the doctor asked and then they did some tests.

Mir called Joon’s family and the other members.

“ChangSun ah.” Bana hugged her son. “Are you okay now?”

“Yes I am umma.” he said and smiled. “How long has it been?”

“Its been a year and half.” MinJi said.

Joon’s eyes widened. “A year of sleeping.” he said.

“Thank God you are really okay now.” said his dad.

“For a year this machine is ther to give you life, we didn’t lose hope that you will wake up.” Said his mom.

 

The MBLAQ boys let the family had their conversation first.

“Hyung.” Thunder called SeungHo. “How are we going to say this to him?”

SeungHo sighed. “I don’t know; I hope his family will tell him.”

“His heart will break.” Mir sighed.

“We can’t do anything about it. We haven’t heard anything about NaYeon and there is no news about her.” G.O. said.

“Maybe Onew hyung knows where she is.” Mir added.

“I am sure that he knows where she is and what happened to her.” SeungHo said. “She only did what she thinks is right, a year ago all of us are in danger. Fandoms are in war and we are all affected.”

After the family talked to Joon, its now the MBLAQ boys turn.

“Hyung you look good in your new hair style.” said Joon to SeungHo.

“You too.” SeungHo joked. “Your hair is longer now.”

“What happened after a year?” Joon asked.

“Well, the group had a new album.” G.O. said.

“Awww, I am not included.” Joon sighed.

“But you can study all the dance and songs when you get discharged.” said Mir.

“I am wondering. Wher is NaYeon?” Joon finally asked. “I asked umma about it and she said that she’s not here. I really wanted to see her.”

The boys looked at each other.

“Guys?” Joon asked.

“You know hyung I think its better to ask Onew hyung.” said Thunder.

“Why? Is there something wrong about NaYeon?” He asked starting to get worried.

“No, nothing…” G.O. said.

 

The news now know that Joon is already awake. And the A+ celebrated about it. The MBLAQ boys said that Joon wants to talk to Onew.

And now Onew is in front on Joon’s hospital room. He sighedbefore he enters the room.

Joon saw Onew entered the room. He gets off of his bed and hug the latter.

“Hyung, its nice to know that you are okay.” Onew hug him back. “We all missed you.”

Joon smiled at him. “I miss all of you too, especially Nayeon, where is she?” he said full of hopes.

Onew step away from him. “Hyung.” he is serious.

“Hey. What’s with the seriousness?” Joon smiled awkwardly.

“Hyung its.”

“Yah Onew ah, is something wrong?” He said, now he is getting worried.

“Hyung.” Onew handed a ring to Joon.

Joon’s hand is shaking. “What is the meaning of this? This is the ring that I gave her.” he looks at Onew and the latter is not looking a him. “Yah Onew ah.” Joon hold on to Onew’s shoulders. “Where is she?”

“Hyung she left. In order to fix things.” Onew said.

“What do you mean fix?”

“Hyung, when the incident happens she got bashed, but she endured all of it. Her family got threats too, the fans harassed her family and they did things to them, so many people are involved, MBLAQ fans mobbed me because of my connection to her, the MBLAQ and SHINee fans are in the verge of fan war and the only thing that can fix everything is if she leaves. And that’s what she did…”

Joon balled hos fist. “That’s not true!” he shouted.

“Hyung. When you are in Japan, there are so many pictures surf in the internet about you and her.  Hyung she didn’t want you to have a bad publicity that is why she decided to leave. “

“Its been a year and half. Where is she??” he asked Onew.

“I don’t know hyung.” he said.

“I don’t believe you! I know you know where she is…” he holds on to Onew. “Onew tell me where she is.”

“Hyung I really don’t know where she is. The only thing that I know is she left and didn’t contact us, she didn’t report to the company and her contract ended. We are all worried about her but the last time I received an email from her is six months ago. She said that she; s fine and doing well. That’s all, I already asked her family about it but they said that they didn’t know it either.” Onew explained.

“No.” Joon sat in his bed. “We promises that we will not let go of each other.” he brushed his hand to his hair.

“Hyung.” Onew pats his back. “Hyung maybe it’s the right thing to do. In order to make everything fine.”

“No its not Onew.” Joon started to cry. “It just make it worst.”

“Hyung, don’t push yourself.”

 

Since that night, a sudden change happened to Joon.

“Yah Joon ah, try to take it slow.” SeungHo said to Joon because the latter is dancing for 5 hours straight. “You need to slow down.”

“No, I can do this.” Joon said continue dancing.

SeungHo shook his head.

“He changed.” Mir said. “Since he knew about noona, he’s like that, cold and very hardworking. His schedules are so full.”

“I think he do all this in order to forget NaYeon shi.” G.O. sighed.

The boys peformed and do their usual activities, tv and show guestings and concerts. For months Joon is really different, he is not as warm and jolly to others. In the Kpop world no one dares to talk about NaYeon and Joon’s relationship. He became a different person, in drama shooting he really gives his all to it. He accepted all kinds of roles.

Stil no one knows where NaYeon is, they keep contacting her but they can’t find her. She stopped modeling too and they don’t know where she is. Joon still try to look for her but in the later months he already gives up. Then a shocking news broke into Korea. Joon left the band saying that he wanted to focus in acting. Many A+ cried and got sad about it but then they accepted his decision.

The MBLAQ boys are not that shocked because they saw that it will happen when the time comes. They didn’t live in the same dorm, Joon bought his own apartment and he decided to live alone but still they had connections with the members. He pursues his acting career and he really did well to it. His acting is getting known not only in Korea but also in the Holly Wood. He acted with Rain in an action movie and it premiers in New York. He thought about NaYeon but he just shrugged it.

As years passed by he is now one of the highest paid actros in Korea. He may not be the ChangSun that the others know before but still there is a side of him that softens whenever he is with his friends. He also changed his style, he let go of the boy next door image, he now sticks to the matured image, he cut his hair short and he dressed like a matured guy, no loose pants and shirts that make him look younger. He is in his acting career and the MBLAQ boys are still doing their thing, well others already debuted as an actor too. And after some years the band decided to have a break because they need to fulfill their military duties. SeungHo and G.O. entered the military at the same time and after them, Joon entered to finish his duties. For two years inside his military duty he is eager to finish it and to return in acting.

His roles are not like the first roles that he did, after military he started to accept more mature roles and others are really different from the usual. Things are getting different. He returns to drinking after his service and he is also smoking now. His close friends and family are worried because of what he is doing to himself. There is negative news about him too. Saying that they saw Joon hooking up with some girls that he didn’t know.

“Hyung!” Onew barged into Joon’s apartment because he saw what the news said about Joon. “What the heck!” he shouted as he saw the girls in the living room, and his hyung is on the sofa wearing only his underpants.

Joon stirred because he heard the shouting. “Wae?” he said and stood up.

“Wear some shirt hyung.” he said and tries to cover his eyes because of the girls who are only wearing their under garments. “Excuse me.” he said as he wakes the girls up. “Please wake up now and leave.”

The girls stirred and they wear their clothes and left.

“Yah Hyung! What do you think your doing??” Onew asked as Joon sat in front of him.

“What are you doing here Onew ah??” he asked as he drinks his water.

“Hyung, your reputation is getting ruined, are you out of your mind?” Onew is like a father saying things to Joon.

“Yah Onew ah, stop nagging me.” he sighed.

“But hyung, this is not good for you! NaYeon won’t allow this things!” he shouted.

Joon got angry and hold on to Onew’s collar. “Say her name again and I promise I’m gonna throw you out of this apartment.”

Onew pushed his hyung away from him. “You didn’t move on; you still love her.”

“Shut up! That girl. She doesn’t matter to me, I don’t need her.” he said and throw the water bottle. “Would you mind; I want to be alone.” He pointed the door.

Onew sighed and left the apartment.

When Onew left the apartment, Joon sighed and he can’t go back to sleep. He remembered all the things that they shared together. Its been six years already and still he remembered the night he proposed to her, which is the night when the accident happened that took her away from him. The guy who stabbed him is still in the Jail up to now.

“Hyung is getting worst.” Mir said as SHINee and MBLAQ are having a dinner out in the place where Onew and NaYeon eat.

“He still love her; he will not do all this if he already moved on.” Key said as he ate his samgyupsal.

“Its his defense mechanism.” said MinHo.

“I am worried.” Onew stated. “What if this continues, hyung is always drunk and there are so many bad publicities coming out.”

“I am afraid that he will suffer depression and anxiety again.” SeungHo said. “Joon is really not as strong as he looks like, yes we are old now unlike the way before, but Joon is still a crybaby.”

“I don’t think things will be okay unless they didn’t talk to each other.” JongHyun added.

 

Meanwhile. Somewhere in Phoenix Arizona.

“Okay kids, that’s all for today, remember to take a rest and practice your routines. See you on Monday.” NaYeon said as she ended her ballet class.

Slowly her students are leaving and she stay inside the studio. She’s still in her ballet dress, she sat on the floor and look on her phone. She searched some news about the kpop groups and then she found a certain news about Joon.

“Oh my ChangSun ah.” she said as she read the news article about him hooking up into someone and there are so many pictures of him smoking with the caption ‘What happened to the Jolly and sweet Joon that we know?’ she knew that the damage is negative. She left because she wanted to make things fixed. And she didn’t expect that Joon will do this to himself.

She’s been living in Arizona for the past years, she opened her own ballet school after she took a ballerina special classes in Paris. The school is a small school because she wanted to be simple and not too eye catching. She had 10 students and she focus on them, every school year she only accepts 10 students. She communicates with her family but she didn’t tell them where she is because she knew that they will fly over just to see her.

As she finished looking in the news she decided to go home. She didn’t bring her car she is used to commute everyday for the past years.

“I’m home.” She said as she closes the door.

“Hi…” a guy greeted her. “How’s your day?”

“Its fine, I can rest and have a time for myself.” she said as she sits on the couch.

“Wanna go with us? we are going to have a party in the club.” said the guy.

“You go and enjoy yourself Pete, I will be okay here.”

“Oh come on girl, you don’t have social life now. Its boring. I bought clothes and I am sure some of it will fit you.” he said gesturing the body size of NaYeon.

“You can’t convince me Pete; I am really tired.”

“Okay I give up, I wanted to introduce you to my friend.”

“Nah, I’ll pass, I’m not into dating Pete, you know me.” she said and smiled at him.

“It’s not gay like me, he is straight, friend of my boyfriend.” he explained.

“I’m still not interested.”

“Come on girl, you are nearing your 30’s what do you want? To be single forever??” he flopped beside her.

“I won’t be single forever.” she said.

“Still holding on to your past love?” he asked. NaYeon stood up and proceed to her room.” Goodbye Pete, enjoy.” she said and close her door. And yes she is still inlove with Joon and she knew that the latter is angry at her.

 

“Cut.” said the director. “Are you okay Joon shi?” he asked Joon because the latter is not really looking good.

“I’m sorry.” he said.

“Lets pack it up, we will continue this tomorrow, go home and take a rest.” he said.

Joon went straight to his car and leave, he is not doing well for the past days, he is suffering from insomnia and depression, he can’t even memorize his lines and he always think about negative things. Joon didn’t go home, he went to Han River and spend the rest of the night there, again drinking and smoking.

Onew called him and checking up on him but he didn’t answer him.  As he decided to go home, drunk. He is driving, and something bad happened. He got into an accident, the car crashed into the wall in the highway. And he found himself in the police station, his manager came along with SeungHo and Onew.

“Hyung.” Onew asked as he saw the bruise on Joon’s forehead.

“Are you okay?” SeungHo asked, still obvious that Joon is drunk.  “What happened?”

“He is drunk sir, according to our investigation he crashed into the wall because he dozes off, lucky for him that it didn’t end his life.” Said the police. “He is not talking sir, we tried everything.”

“Are you going to detain him?” asked the manager.

“No, since he came with us but didn’t give a testament.” said the police.

“Onew, SeungHo can you please take him home? I will fix some things.” said Joon’s manager. And the two idols nod at him. Onew assisted his hyung to enter the car.

“This is really not good.” said SeungHo as he drives.

 

When they arrive at Joon’s apartment, Onew placed him in the bed.

“Hyung, you should go, I’ll take charge here.” said Onew.

“Sorry for this Onew, Joon is really getting into my nerves.” he said and bid goodbye to Onew.

Onew will stay for the night in order to make sure that his hyung is okay.

 

Morning comes.

Onew stirred from his sleep. He looks for his hyung but he didn’t saw him. “Hyung?” he called still no response. He looks around the house and still no Joon, so he decided to go out and he saw that the people are panicking. “What is happening?” he asked on of the apartment owners.

“There is a guy in the roof top. We don’t know if he is going to jump or not.” said the girl.

“Oh no.” Onew hurriedly went to the roof top and when he is there, he squeezed himself to the people. “Hyung!?” he saw Joon who is sitting on the edge of the roof top. No one dares to come forward to Joon because they are afraid the he may jump. Onew hurriedly call his SeungHo hyung and the manager.

Rescuers also arrive and they are there to handle the situation.

When SeungHo received Onew’s call he hurriedly went to the apartment, and there he saw the rescuers holding on to Joon’s shoulders. “Onew ah.”

“Hyung, Joon hyung is not talking.” said Onew. There is a big commotion happening in the apartment and there are media people covering what happened.

They went to the hospital to check on Joon.

“What is happening to Joon??” Bana asked Onew.

“He is relly stressed out. I don’t know he is like that; we think that the reasons are he can’t forget NaYeon ah.” said Onew.

They are outside the room because the doctor is checking on Joon. And when the doctor comes out.

“How is Joon doctor?” Bana asked.

“Physically, your son is okay. But mentally, he is not.” he said.

“What do you mean?” SeungHo asked.

“He is stressed out, and then depression and anxiety came, he pushed himself to his limit and this is the effect. I am afraid that he will be like this for a long period of time, my advice is try to seek the help of a psychologist.”

“Oh no.” Onew clench his fist. He looks at his hyung.

Joon is jus looking outside the window. Expressionless and emotionless.

“I am afraid that he will turn out to be the character in his movie before.” SeungHo said.

“Hyung no, he will not be like that.” said Onew.

“He needs to rest and needs to have medication.” said Bana. “We will take care of him. Manager Im, I know this is sudden but, Joon can’t finish all his schedules especially in this state. what are we going to do?”

“I will take care of it, the agency needs to release a statement due to all the happenings.”

“Where are you going to bring hyung?” Onew asked Bana.

“Somewhere far from the media and society. I’m going to ask NaYeon’s mom for help.” She said.

SeungHo and Onew assisted Joon to enter the car.

The Kpop society extended their sympathy about what happened to the good and talented actor Joon. His friends are really shocked to hear that news that he broke down and his family will take care and let him leave his career for the mean time.

NaYeon’s family let Joon stay in their family house in the province of Gangwon, they even provide a good psychologist for him. ManSae, Nayeon’s cousin.

“How come ChangSun became like this?” Mansae asked as he tried to talk to Joon earlier. The latter is not really talking.

“As you know, NaYeon left him and he put all his time, effort in his work, but still he is suffering inside it and he can’t forget your cousin. “Bana explained.

“Any news about NaYeon?” he asked.

“Still nothing.” said MinHyuk. “What do you think should we do? Should we ask NaYeon to come home?” he asked.

“I will try to do the best that I can, and then I’ll decide if we will ask her to go home.” Mansae said.

 

Days had past and still Joon is showing no good response from the treatment, ManSae gave him medecines in order to cope up. He always talks to him but he didn’t even answer, he is always in the garden, looking at the beautiful place.

“ChangSun ah. do you remember these guys?” ManSae showed the picture of MBLAQ. Joon looks at the picture but then he removed his gaze to it. “ChangSun ah, how about this?” he showed NaYeon’s picture. Joon looks at it without emotions but tears are starting to form on his eyes. “Okay, that will be all today.” ManSae said.

Bana is there to take care of his son.

“Auntie, ChangSun needs care and attention.” Mansae said. “We need to put effort in this, we need to talk to him everyday and make him feel loved.” he sighed. “This shouldn’t happen, he is such a sweet kid, I knew that NaYeon is the only key to this.”

“Should we call her?” Bana asked.

“How are we going to do that? She didn’t even call and leave some contact number.” Mansae sat beside Joon.

“I just hope that he saw the news about Joon.” Bana caressed her son’s hair.

 

Back at Phoenix. NaYeon finished the class, they already had recital because it’s the end of the season.

“Thank you Miss Iris for teaching us.” said one of her student.

“It’s a pleasure, I hope you grew in your chosen profession.” she said and hug the student.

She can see that the students really did have fun in the recital.

“So are you gonna teach for the following season?” Peter asked.

“I guess; I will have a break first. I’ve been teaching for straight years now. I want to have a vacation.” she said and smiled at him.

“Lets celebrate when we get home.” said Peter. “I bought wine.” then he winked at her.

 

Its dinner time when they arrived in their apartment and Peter opened the T.V. while NaYeon is changing her clothes.

“Is this the wine that you bought?” Asked NaYeon as she came out from the kitchen. But then she dropped the wine bottle as she saw what’s in the news.

“Iris.” Pete called.

“One of Korea’s top paid actor Lee Joon got into an accident, it is said that the said actor is driving under the influence of alcohol. One morning, his fellow actor Lee Jinki also known as Onew saw him sitting on the edge of his apartment’s roof top. The actor’s agency already released their statement about the issue and we quote. Due to some personal problems that Lee Joon is facing, he will take a long break in order to solve some personal issues. Please understand his situation. According to our source, the actor suffered from depression and anxiety and he can’t even talk. We all know that Lee Joon is a great and famous actor, and maybe the reason of all this is he really worked hard and he forget to take good care of himself.”

“Oh my god.” NaYeon is shaking and she noticed the broken wine bottle on the floor, so she took it. “Ouch.” She said as she cut her hand by grabbing the wrong piece of the bottle.

Pete sighed and felt sorry for his friend. “Hey…” he said and take away the broken bottle from NaYeon. “I’ll do this…” he said and assist her to sit on the sofa. NaYeon is still shocked about the news and she didn’t mind the blood from her cut. “Let me fix this first.” Pete said as he disinfects the wound and put a plaster on it.

NaYeon thought about the situation that Joon is in. “This is so bad.” she said.

“What are you going to do about it?” Pete asked.

“I need to call my family.” she said and reached for her phone. She dialed MinHyuk’s number, after three rings, Minhyuk answered.

“NaYeon ah?”

“Oppa.”

“Thank God you called, NaYeon, Joon is-“

“I know… I saw it on the news. How is he?” she asked worried.

“He is not talking to anyone; don’t you think this is too much? Why don’t you come home and see for yourself on how he suffered for six years?” MinHyuk’s tone is a bit angry. “How can you manage to sleep at night without thinking about ChangSun? Don’t you know that he engrossed himself in work? He hooked up with different girls in order to forget you. But what happened? Nothing changed, he still loves you.” and then he sighed.

“This is not what I expect. I left because its for the good of everyone.” she said and was about to cry.

“But its not!” MinHyuk half shouted. “I love the both of you and it hurts to see both of your suffering. You don’t know everything about ChangSun now, he suffered inside the military too because he can’t forget the fact that you left him. and I know that until now you still love him, you are both at the right age why don’t fight for your love. Come back here and take care of him.” MinHyuk can hear that his sister is already crying.

“Neh oppa.” the only thing that NaYeon said and then she ended the call. “I’m going home Pete.” She said to him and the latter gave her a weak smile.

“I’ll help you pack your things.” he said and Nayeon nods.

 

NaYeon immediately went back to Korea. There is no sign that she’s going back but then some keen fans saw her at the airport. It’s morning when she arrived, she doesn’t care if someone took pictures of her. It’s like memories are flooding her. She’s ready to face all the bashes and everything that they will throw to her, she’s willing to face all of it.

And then she found herself outside the SM ent. There are so many things changed in Korea after she left. The posters outside the Ent is different now. They had new groups now. She only has one luggage so its convenient to walk around.

“Excuse me.” someone said.

And then she faced the person. “Oppa.” she said and smiled.

“NaYeon ah.” Onew smiled and pull her in a hug. “Thank God you are here now.” he then looks at her. “You changed.” He looks at her hair style and the way she dresses herself. “Finally you are here now.” again he hugs her.

“Oppa, you keep hugging me, for sure tomorrow there is a news about this.” she joked.

“I don’t care.” Onew said. “No more hiding this time, hiding makes things terrible.” He said and then helped her carry her luggage. “Why are you here? Hyung is not in Seoul.” he said.

“I know, I just want to see all of you first.” she sad and they entered the Ent.

“So many things changed, there are groups who are not groups anymore. they started to make their solo careers.” Onew explained.

“Yeonnie ah!”

“Bummie oppa!” NaYeon exclaimed as he saw Key.

“Oh my gosh, look at you, seems like you didn’t age.” he said as he hugs her.

“Noona.” TaeMin called.

“Omo, you are so handsome Minnie ah, you are all grown up.” she said as she ruffled his hair.

“Where have yo been NaYeon ah?” JongHyun asked.

“I’ve been living in Phoenix Arizona for the past years, I opened my ballet school there.” she explained.

“We’ve been wondering what happened to you.” MinHo added.

“Well I’m doing fine there. I seldom watch the news about Korea so sorry if I don’t know anything about things.” she said.

“I’m gonna call the MBLAQ boys.” Onew said. ‘They need to know that you are here, they have so many things to say to you.”

Onew called the MBLAQ boys and agree to meet in a restaurant in Seoul.

“You sure you are ready to do this?” Onew asked because it is a public place and there are may people.

“Yes, and no more hiding this time.” NaYeon smiled. They can see that the people around them are looking. They are currently waiting for the MBLAQ boys.

“Noona!” Mir exclaimed as he saw NaYeon.

“Mir.” she stood up and hug him. “Oh, you look so different now.” and then she looks at the other members, she bowed.

“Come on here.” SeungHo embraced her. “We are relieved that you are here.”

And then they settled in their proper seats.

“First of all I wanted to say sorry for what I’ve done, I know you guys are angry about it.” she said to all of them. “I really didn’t expect that this will happen.”

“We didn’t expect it too.” Said G.O. “But we are hoping that things will be fixed. That Joon will be okay again. We saw how miserable he is for the past years. He said he moved on but the truth is not.” he explained.

“He is a cry baby but he tried to hide is until sleeping he is crying, then we guess that he can’t contain everything.” Thunder added.

“Hyung tried to have a relationship with others but still nothing will take away his love for you.” said Mir. “That’s real love noona.”

NaYeon sighed. “I just did what I think is right, things are not as good as before, both groups are affected, my family is affected. Onew got mobbed and so many more things happened. But this time, I will not think about other things. I know Joon is angry at me and I will face all the consequence of it.”

“Lets not spoil this day first okay, lets be happy that NaYeon is here now.” said Onew.

They enjoyed the moment first because NaYeon will spend all his time taking care of Joon. The news spread quickly about her coming back to Korea, the other K-Idols talked about it.

After being with her friends, NaYeon was picked up by her brother.

“Oppa.” She called.

“I missed you.” MinHyuk hug her. “Mom and Dad are waiting. Let’s go.”

They went to their family house and there, she saw her family again.

“Umma, Appa.”

“NaYeon ah…” her mom is crying.

“Umma. Stop crying.” she said and kissed her cheeks. “Appa…”

“My daughter. You are here safe.”

“Yes, and I will be here for good.”

They had a little catching up to do and talked about the things that happened in Korea and to her. Her parents wanted her to stay for the night but she said no, she wants to go to the province immediately. So she will be able to see Joon, she already knew that his family is there waiting for her. She already called ManSae saying that she’s coming. MinHyuk lend him his car, so she will be travelling alone. Its already Midnight when she arrived in their family rest house. Still the house is full of lights.

“You are here.” ManSae said as NaYeon came out of the car. “Its nice to see you.” he hugs his cousin.

“Yeah, after so many years.” she said.

“NaYeon ah.’ Bana came out of the house.

“Mama.” she called.

“Thank God.” Bana said as she hugs her. “I am relieved that you are here now.”

“Mama, I am sorry.” she said and cry.

“Shhhh, no. Don’t say that. Let’s get inside.” she said.