Chapter 28

Forever and Always

They are currently in the hospital. Joon is still undergoing surgery. Nayeon stopped crying but her eyes are really swollen and she is dazed. She didn't know how the press people figure out what happened because there are media in the hospital who wants to have her statement. She knew that the whole Korea knows about what happened. She's been receiving calls and emails from her friends and family but she didn't answer any of them.

 After four hours in the surgery room, the doctor finally came out."NaYeon san." the doctor called."How's Changsun?" she asked. "He is safe now, we managed to save some of his internal organs, but the problem is he may not wake up as soon as possible. He is in a comatose stage. I am sorry." The doctor holds on to her shoulders. 

NaYeon don't know what to do, tears just fall from her eyes and Maya hug her. "Shhhh NaYeon,he will wake up okay. He will." Maya coaxed her.

The doctor let her go to Joon's room, she saw him lying on the bed with the machine who supports his breathing. "Changsun ah." she said as she caresses his face. "I am sorry." she said and cry. She's wide awake for the whole night, she just looks at Joon.

"NaYeon ah."someone called her.

"Onew oppa?"she stood up and walk towards him. 

The latter hug her. "Are you okaynow?" Onew asked.

"ChangSun is here because of me." she sobs. 

"Shhh, it's anaccident. It's no one's fault." he said as he tries to stop her crying .Onew is wide awake when the news broke out in Korea that is why he get the earliest flight that he can get in order to be with NaYeon. He know's that she needs his help.

"He defended me, and I can't do anything I just stood there while he's being beaten by the guy."

"Do not blame yourself, I know hyung did the what he thinks is right." he can see that Nayeon is really stressed out. "Did you sleep?" he asked and NaYeon shook her head. "Come." he ushered her to sit on the sofa. "Here.." he taps his shoulders. "You need to rest. if you can't sleep just close your eyes."

NaYeon obeyed what Onew said. Onew knew what will happen to NaYeon is she keeps blaming herself about what happened to Joon, he can see his beloved hyung lying on the bed and unconscious. 

"It's the same sasaeng who came inside my house." she said.

"Neh." Onew pats her head.

Hours passed and NaYeon fell asleep on Onew's shoulders. She got awake when someone came inside the room.

"ChangSun."its Joon's mom. Their family came along with JiHoon and SeungHo.

"Mama." she called and Bana looked at her. "I am sorry, it's all my fault." she started to cry again.

 Bana hugged her. "No. Shhhh its not your fault." she caressed her hair.

"NaYeon ah." now its her mom who hug her. "We are here don't worry."

MinJi is there beside Joon, she is crying. "Why is this happening to our family?" she asked her dad and hugs him.

"NaYeon ah."JiHoon approached her. "Are you harmed?" he asked.

"I am okay." she said weakly. "It's all my fault." she said. "We talked about this the other day because of his drama. And I didn't know that this will happen. I shouldn't have opened the subject..." she clasps her hands together." 

It will be okay." SeungHo hug her. It's the first time that the leader became affectionate to her. "Joon hates it when you cry, so stop crying. Joon will survive, he is a strong guy."

"Yeonnie ah." MinHyuk came to her. "We need to return to Korea, ChangSun will be transferred in Korea." NaYeon just nods. "You take a rest. Onew shi, can you please help her pack her things in the Onsen? We will just send a car to pick you up." MinHyuk said.

Onew and NaYeon went to the Onsen.

"NaYeon is really devastated, I am worried." said JiHoon, he and SeungHo are talking outside of the room. "I hope she won't break down, Joon proposed to her and they are really excited and happy about it and this happened." SeungHo sighed. "The fans will react to this; I hope they won't bash her." 

"I think we need to protect her; the rage of the fans is really different. There are sasaeng fans." JiHoon is thinking about how will they protect NaYeon and howwill the group continue while Joon is in this state. He is sure that the group will not be in focus.

"Nee chan."Kaori said as she saw NaYeon and Onew.

"I am going back to Korea." she said to the staffs of the Onsen. "I am really thankful for taking care of me during my stay here." she bowed to them.

"We are thankful to you too." Maya hugged her. "We know that Joon san will wake up and the two of you will get married."

"I hope so too..." she said. "I came to get all our things." 

"I will help you nee chan." Kaori said. NaYeon is not talking as she packs their stuffs. Hours later the car came and they bid their goodbyes to each other. The car went straight to the airport and they boarded the plane going back to Korea. Still NaYeon is not talking and Onew did all the talkings. Onew is really worried he is worried that she is depressed. Luckily she slept all the way to Korea. Their managers are waiting for them in the airport and as usual they can't avoid the eyes of the media people. 

NaYeon went straight to their family house in Daegu. Onew is afraid that she might do something bad to herself that is why he didn't leave her alone.

"Onew ah." finally she spoke after so many hours. 

"Yes?" 

"You can go back to your dorm now. I can manage myself."

"No." he said straightly. "I won't let you stay here alone; your family are still in Japan."NaYeon proceed to her room. Around 12 pm KST their family arrived in Korea together with Joon, they went straight to the hospital and he is admitted there. Their friends already came to visit and the MBLAQ boys are shocked to see Joon. NaYeon went to the hospital too.

"Noona." Mir saw her and he immediately hug her. They all went to see if NaYeon is okay. The latter just nods and still she didn't speak. She proceeds to Joon's room.

"Noona is really devastated." TaeMin said.

"I hope Joon hyung get conscious already." Minho added.

For days, it son the news but the family is not giving a statement. But then the agencies of both NaYeon and Joon spoke up. They answered the questions that the press people asked. Now the real relationship of Joon and NaYeon are exposed. The fans dig up some old photos of NaYeon and Joon together when they were in highschool. And there are tons of comments and reactions about them, fans created a story about the real reason. And they judged NaYeon because of the interview that she made when she was a guest in Strong Heart and they dance number that she and Joon performed. There are so many harsh and mean comments about her but she still didn't mind it.

 She's always in the hospital everyday her brother send and fetch her. Its like her image is really destroyed because of what happened to Joon. Its all big deal in Korea but then some of the Korean fans defended her, some are shifting their couple."ChangSun ah. They really love you, your fans are really protective over you." she said as she talks to Joon who is still unconscious. Its been weeks and still no response from him. "I don't know what to do. it seems like all of the people I love is getting involved." she was in the verge of crying. Her family is also suffering, the sasaeng fans are treating them badly. 

One time MinHyuk's carw heel is flat. Their house got so many vandalisms. Even Onew is getting bullied because of their friendship. Joon's bruise are getting better and his wounds are healing but still he is unconscious. NaYeon always tell stories about the happy things that she experienced. Her family is getting worried about her, she can't sleep very well and she's getting skinny. 

"This is not right." Bana said. "Those fans are too harsh."

"NaYeon is also struggling." MinJi said. 

"I am thinking about letting her back to New York." EunHye, NaYeon's mom said. 

"Will she agree to it?" MinHyuk asked. "She wanted to be with Joon."

 "But this is not the right time. She's suffering too and we can't even contain the fans, even the both companies can't stop them in spreading wrong stories." EunHye added. "I don't want my daughter to suffer." 

"I have to agree." Said Bana. " ChangSun will recover, I know it. he will and they will both become okay."

"Then we need to talk to NaYeon about this." MinHyuk said. 

A month had passed.Nayeon'sfamily told her their plan. But she refused.

"What happened to you?" Nayeon asked as she saw Onew. 

Onew tried to hide the wound on his forehead but he can't. "This is nothing." he said. They are in the hospital."

What happened?" Nayeon repeat the question.

"Fans mobbed me and I got knocked on my forehead." he replied.

"Are they MBLAQ fans?" she asked. Onew nods. 

"This is not really good. I am expecting that things will subside because its already been a month and I guess its just getting worst. How are the other SHINee boys?" 

"They aref ine..." Onew said. She can't let others start another fandom war because of her. As Onew spend time with her, she's thinking about the best way to stop everything. 

When she's finally alone with Joon. She decided to talk to him."ChangSun ah. Things are getting bad." she holds on to his hands. "Our families are also suffering, our friends are getting involved, fandoms are in the verge of war. I am emotionally and physically exhausted. As much as I want to be here with you but I guess I just can't. I think we are destined to be separated with each other. If I leave." she touched his face. "I think it will be better if I leave. I will do this because its for the best." She kisses him. "Remember all the good memories that we shared together. I love you." she said and then she cries. After that she leave him. She asked Onew to see her at the park where they used to stay when they are practicing. Its already dark and there are no people around.

"Is there a problem?" Onew asked.

"I am sorry to ask you to come again, I know I should have said it before."

"What is it?" He asked.

"I am leaving." she said in a serious way.

"Leaving?"

 "Yes, I know its for the better. Things are not ordinary, its all complicated. I am leaving for good and I don't know when will I go back." she explained as she plays with the ring on her finger.

"Wait, you can't do that right? What If hyung wakes up and you are not beside him?"

"Onew ah, things are different now. If I stick with Joon, his dreams will be in danger, the people will judge him."

"You are his dream." Onew said. "You can't leave."

"I already made up my mind. I know this is for all of us." she said as she removed the ring on her finger. "I want you to do me a favor." he handed the ring to Onew."Give this to Joon once he wakes up." and then she left Onew alone in the park. Onew didn't follow her.

 

*****