{ Option 3. }

{ 365 days. } from me to you. [complete. )
Dear Mr. Kim JaeJoong,

It is March the 1st. Okay, it's actually February 28th, but you'll receive this March 1st.

I've booked a flight to America to visit you. I hope you've obtained all of the letters I've written to you.

Do you still live where you told me you lived the day you left? I can trust you didn't lie to me, right?

By the time you read this, I'll probably be by your door, ringing the bell. You better answer the door!

[JaeJoong's POV. )

RING!

That must be her! I can't wait to see her again, but there is a massive piece of guilt weighing in my heart. How would I break it to her?

Gosh, she is accurate.

I answered the door to see the face I've wanted to see every day for the past five years. It was her, my first love, my first loss. My best friend.

I quickly grabbed her wrist and pulled her in from the rain. All we did was stare at eachother for a minute, taking in what is actually happening. It was what we were waiting for. It's been so long.

I hugged her. I've wanted to for years, my girl, I could finally hug her. We just stayed like that for what felt like seconds. I took a glance at the clock, it's been ten minutes.

I took her to sit on my couch, and she lay her head on my shoulders. I took in her honey scent, the one she had since she was little. Her hair was thinning from starving herself, but it was still the same shiny, bautiful chestnut colour. She was so beautiful, I had to stop myself from kissing her plump lips every time I looked at her.

“Honey, who was it?” I could hear another voice calling from upstairs. She looked at me in an instant and I could sense her worry. My heart was breaking, I didn't want to tell her what happened when she was gone.

Why did I get married? Why?! I loved her, I always loved her. From the moment I set eyes one her, I knew she would be the one. My soulmate. Yet I married the woman upstairs. The on who loved me for my money, the one who spent it on cosmetic surgery to turn her unnatractive face into something new.

I could hear her heavy footsteps thumping down the stairs. She stopped when she saw me with her.

Suddenly, she raced down the rest of the fteps until she was right in front of her.

“Who the hell is this ?! Jae, what the are you doin with another girl? I thought you loved me!” The monster slapped her hard, leaving a bright red mark on her face. She was about to do it again, but I caught her arm just in time.

“What the hell are you doing?! Why are you slapping a complete stranger?” I yelled at her. I could feel her crocodile tears coming on again, she was trying to make me feel pity, but there was nothing for this monster. Nothing but rage.

“B-but, Jaaae~ I thought you loved me! Why are you with another woman?” the monster whined. Her pouting face was unbearable, I had to look away.

“I have never loved you, you monster. This other woman is my childhood friend, the one I hade clear I loved when you first tried to make a move.”

The monster stood there in shock, then she said it. The one thing she wasn't supposed to mention in front of people like my best friend.

“Then why am I pregnant with your child?!” the monster screamed, her face turning red. “Why do you already have two children?!”

I turned to face my true love. She had heard all of it, but was silent. She would not move.

I was panicking. Did she faint? Is she dying? Did she have a relapse? I rushed to call 911, but the monster stopped me.

“I won't let you save her! She took you away from me!” the monster yelled.

“I never belonged to you.”

[Her POV. )

I could hear fighting. I hated it, it reminded me of my mother. They continued to fight, not looking at me. They did not realize I was going into another relapse.

My eyes started to go out of focus, moving rather violently this time. My throat froze, I could not talk. The strange thing is, this time, I could not breathe, either. It was as if my lungs were frozen. My body wouldn't respond and soon, I slipped into a demi-conscious state.

I could feel strong arms scoop me up and to door opened. Rain splashed onto my face, feeling cool. JaeJoong was running, but where?

Another minute and I cannot make it. I need air.

[JaeJoong's POV. )

Her brain was oxygen-starved. She would wake up with severe brain damage, that is, if she makes it at all. There is nothing for her to live for. I broke our promise. I got married. From her letters, I could tell her life was terrible.

I got to the hospital. That was when I saw her for the last time. She was whisked away from my arms. The nurses put her on a gurney and wheeled her into the ER.

I waited for what seemed like an eternity. The operating room doors mocked me. The room was right in front of me, the was right there, but I could not go in. I could not touch her, hold her in my arms.

The doctors came out, of the operating room with grim expressions on their faces.

“I'm sorry, we couldn't save her. She had a heart defficiency, we couldn't shock her back.” The doctor took off his mask and walked away.

I felt tears running down my cheeks. It's my fault she died. I am responsible. If I took her to America with me, if I hadn't left her alone, she would have been okay. She would have lived. She would have felt love.

END.