New Friend or Rival?

You Are Mine

Two days has past since Qingge came back from Shanghai. Dayu and Qing sat together and talked about their little problem about Dayu that had dinner with his manager. Problem solve. They knew it by their heart that every relationship would have troubles. As long as they could make up their quarrel and didn’t take it to heart, everything would be alright.

 

Saturday, 11:20 At Apartment

 

Dayu and Qing were lazily watching TV on their sofa bed. But suddenly Qing’s phone was ringing. Qing felt a little surprise that Mr. Yong Xing has called him.

Hello, Sir?”

Hello, Qing. How are you doing? I’m in Beijing now. Do you have time to hang out with me?”

Err, yes, Sir. Of course. Where do you want us to meet?”

At Fratelli Fresh. You know where is it, right?”

Yes, Sir. Of course I know. That was one of my favourite place in town.”

See you there!”

Okay, Sir.”

And… it’s okay if you want to bring your roommate with you.”

Oh? Really?”

Yeah, sure. My treat.”

Wow. Thanks a lot, Sir. My friend will be so delighted. Italian food is actually his favourite food.”

Ah, I see. So your favourite food is not really italian, huh? Next time I will bring you to your favourite’s.”

Hahaha, thank you, Sir.”

Okay, bye.”

Mr. Yong Xing hung up the phone even before Qing replied him.

 

Who?” Dayu asked, curious.

Mr. Zhang Yong Xing. He is the GM of Summit Property Development. My client from Shanghai.”

Oohhh… What did he say?”

He asked me to hang out with him today. He wants to meet at Fratteli Fresh.”

Oh, I’ve been there with the manager last time.”

Qingge stared at him, hard. Dayu slowly pouted his lips and circled his hands on Qingge’s arm. “Do you want to come?”

Eh? Me? Did he ask me to come too?”

Yes, he invited you to come. He said he will treat us.”

Woww… such a good guy do exist,” Dayu grinned happily.

Do you think I’m not good enough?”

Qinggeee… why are you so sensitive? Can’t I praise another human being?”

Qingge smiled and kissed Dayu’s forehead. “Let’s dress up and go eat!”

Dayu and Qing went to their own room to change their clothes.

 

When Dayu and Qing finally arrived at Fratelli Fresh, Mr. Yong Xing has already been there. He waved his hand when he saw Qing entering the restaurant. He didn’t see Dayu until they were near because Dayu was hidden behind Qingge’s big and tall body.

Ah? Isn’t it Dayu?” Yong Xing said with wide eyes.

Xing gege?”

You know each other?” Qingge asked with even wider eyes.

We have met each other some times ago. Accidentally.” Yong Xing said, smiling so big. “Please, sit down, both of you. Choose anything you like.”

Dayu and Qingge sat down obediently. Dayu looked happy to see Yong Xing. But it didn’t make Qing feel the same. After they ordered the food, Xing and Dayu looked at each other and smiled.

 

When did you meet?” Qingge asked. His curiosity kicked in.

I think it was about 3 years ago when we first met each other. Dayu was still a university student then.”

Oh. How did you meet Dayu, Sir?”

At that time, I met him near your university. Eh,, wait you did go to the same university as Dayu, right?”

Yes, I did.”

Great, haha. I think it has something to do with you also. Eventhough I didn’t know you at that time.”

Huh? Me?”

Yes, I remembered that day, someone accidentally hit my head with a softdrink can. But he immediately came to me and said sorry. I asked his name and he said ‘Dayu’, and I said my name is ‘Xing’. After that, he wanted to leave, but I offered to accompany him and asked him to have lunch together. We had lunch and chatted a lot. He said he had a fight with his best friend. That’s why he had been in a bad mood since morning. And that best friend, I think, is you,” Yong Xing smiled softly looking at both Dayu and Qing. “We still keep in touch until now. But the last time I messaged Dayu, it was about 2 weeks ago I think.”

 

Oh, so they are not too close.

 

Come to think of it, I have been friends with Dayu for 3 years, but we don’t really know each other,” Yong Xing laughed.

Yeah, I thought so too,” Dayu grinned. “Because we are only ‘chat-buddy’. The only thing we do to communicate with each other is through chatting.”

And strangely, we never talked about our private life, didn’t we? We only talked about your studies and my work. But after all, we could start it all over again and be real friends.”

Qingge pretended to cough. Dayu patted Qingge’s back and gave him water. Luckily, the meal has arrived. They halted their talk and eating in silent.

 

Gege, you are so great. Being a GM in such a young age. A lot of people must be jealous of you.”

Hahaha, thanks. The people who has free time to be jealous about other people success actually could use their time to do something more productive and make themselves useful. Success won’t come to a lazy and spoiled person. You should gain it by your own strength.”

Aye aye captain!” Dayu said with his hand doing a salute pose.

Yong Xing laughed. Qingge forced a smiled.

 

What is it with Dayu and the managers? Are they trying to flirt with my Dayu or what? So annoying. I take my words back. Yong Xing is not a good guy. I don’t like him. I won’t hang out with him anymore.

 

So, let’s eat together again some other time,” Yong Xing said to Dayu.

Sure,” Dayu delightedly accepted the offer.

 

Scratch that. I will force myself to hang out with him. I will never ever ever allow Dayu to go alone with him. Why do all of a sudden I have competitors? Where are they when Dayu was single?

 

What are you doing here, ge? Hanging out with us. Don’t you have a girlfriend?”

We’ve been broken up not too long ago. How about you? Got a girlfriend yet?”

Dayu almost said that he has a boyfriend. But then he said that he is also single. Qingge was looking at him with a sour face.

 

Calm down, Qing. Not all people like Dayu the way you like him. No, no, no. Positive thinking. They are just being friendly and that’s good. Isn’t it good to have friends with position? They could be helpful.

 

You have sauce on your lips,” Yong Xing said, wiping the sauce.

Oh, thank you,” Dayu smiled innocently.

 

Aaaarrgghh… stop it!!

 

Wang Qing internal battle was still continued.

 

Not long after, Dayu’s eyes perked up when he saw someone familiar coming near to their table.

 

Dayu, hey,” Yang Jie waved and called Dayu.

Dayu stood up and shook hand with his manager. “Hello, Sir. Nice to see you here. Are you alone?”

No, I’m with my friends. And you are with?” Yang Jie asked, looking at Qingge.

This is Wang Qing. My best friend and my roommate.” Yang Jie and Qingge shook hands. “And this is my friend too, his name is Xing.”

Yang Jie looked back at the other person that present there. He smiled and reached out his hand. “Hello, I’m Yang Jie.”

Zhang Yong Xing.”

Nice to meet you.”

Nice to meet you too.”

Okay then. I’m sitting with my friends on the other table. Have a nice meal.”

You too, Sir.”

 

Wang Qing didn’t like the situation he was in right now. He had a meal with Yong Xing who apparently way too friendly with Dayu. And he could sense Yang Jie’s eyes staring too often to their table. It was so uncomfortable.

 

I need to keep my Dayu safe. Damn it. I don’t want to sound like a crazy possessive boyfriend, but it’s irritating. SO MUCH! I can’t bear it any longer.

 

 

 

 

To be continued