Love is Obvious

You Are Mine

It’s been several months since Dayu asked Qingge to break off their relationship. Qingge still couldn’t let it go. He mourned about it every day and every night. Dayu has moved out from their shared apartment two days after their break up night. Qingge sent Dayu a message every day. But Dayu replied the messages only once every two or three days. This situation made him like a mad man. He couldn’t sleep and eat well. He felt grateful that he is a man of professionalism, so that his bad situation didn’t affect his performance at work.

 

He wanted to call Dayu so bad. He missed his voice. But Dayu never picked up his phone calls.

 

What are you doing now? I miss you so bad. I want to hear your voice. I want to see your face. I want to kiss you. I want to hold you. I want you here with me.

 

08:20 PM at Dayu’s apartment

 

Dayu is not in a better condition than his Qingge. He thought about his decision day and night, whether he made the right choice or not. It was killing him inside to be parted away from Qing. But his parents are his priority. He couldn’t make them sad. They said that they were always so proud of him since he was a kid. He has always been a good son for his parents. This rebellion would break their heart.

 

Isn’t it better to break your own heart than to break your parents’ heart? Even if we told them about our relationship, they won’t give us their blessing anyway. They would make us to break it off, right? So what’s the point of telling them the truth? Better we ended it now before our relationship going on too deep.

 

Being in his emotional state, Dayu couldn’t really handle it at work. He recalled the situation he was in today. Even though his poker face could fool his colleagues, but his manager still could see it. He was reprimanded by his manager and he could only say sorry for his carelessness. At the end of the day, his manager was taking him to dinner and asked him about his problem.

 

 

Dayu was grateful that Yang Jie didn’t really dig up his problem. But he also relieved that he could get it out from his chest.

 

Dayu startled when he heard his phone ringing. He closed his eyes and prayed that it was not Qingge. Every time Qingge called him, he couldn’t deny that he really wanted to take the phone and told him that he missed him so much.

 

Manager Yang?

 

Hello, Sir?”

Dayu, I want to ask about your problem.

Yes, Sir? What about it, Sir?”

You said that you fell in love with someone but your parents didn’t agree to it.

Ah, yes, that’s right.”

Is it because you love your best friend? That Wang Qing?

No… I… I was...”

I knew. That must be it.

You misunderstand me, Sir...”

Are you okay being in a relationship with a man or a woman?

Sir...”

Dayu, I want to ask you seriously. Are you okay with both man or woman, or is it just Qing that is special?

Dayu didn’t know what to answer, so he kept silence.

Dayu? Still there?

I don’t feel obligated to answer your question, Mr. Yang.”

I ask because I want to say something important to you.

What is it, Sir?”

If you don’t answer me, then I couldn’t tell you.

With all my respect, Sir, I also don’t want to know about it,” Dayu said in between his gritted teeth.

I knew you will say that. Just meet me this Saturday. About time and place, I will inform you again later.

 

Just like that, Yang Jie hung up the phone.

 

Actually, Dayu was curios about what his manager wanted to say, but he didn’t want to admit his feeling toward Qing. He didn’t want to have a discussion with his manager about his personal life. But come to think of it, he was indeed quite surprised that his manager could predict it right.

 

Was it too obvious when we meet at Shanghai before? But I don’t think I did something that would make him suspicious about our relationship.

 

10:12 PM at Yang Jie Apartment

 

Will it hurt you if you just admit it, Dayu? Only blind eyes that couldn’t see the love in your eyes and his eyes when you are together. Isn’t it very obvious?

 

Then his mind wandered to a certain junior who said that he was in love with him for a long time.

 

If love is obvious, why couldn’t I see it on his eyes too? Or am I really too dense? How is he doing right now? He hasn’t contacted me at all after our last meeting in Shanghai. Did I hurt him so bad? Would he be okay? He said he need some times to mend his broken heart. Am I too heartless? Should I at least call him once? Why do I suddenly care about it? Isn’t it better this way so that I won’t give him false alarm? Hmmm… wait. He said wait, so I will just wait for him to give me a notice first.

 

As expected, love is indeed confusing. That’s why I don’t want to fall in love. Never ever.

 

 

 

 

To be continued