Yang Jie

You Are Mine

19:00, At Dayu’s Office

 

Urggh, my stomach hurts. I don’t wanna go to his office room. What will it be? I don’t even know what I did wrong. He was never like this before. He makes me so anxious.

 

Knock knock

 

Come in,” Yang Jie’s voice calmly replied the knock.

Dayu opened the door and anxiously smoothing his shirt. “I’m here, Sir.”

I can see that.”

What do you need me for?”

Please, be seated.”

Dayu walked to the front of Yang Jie’s desk and sat down nervously. “Sir?”

Don’t be so nervous,” Yang Jie laughed and Dayu thought his laughing voice sounds good.

He should laugh more often, then people would like him more.

 

Yang Jie smiled and surprisingly it made him looks younger than his actual age. Yang Jie is 34 years old this year, an information from one of Dayu’s female colleague who admired him. But he looked at least five years younger when he smiled and laughed like that.

 

Zhou Xuan would die or had a massive nosebleed if she saw him right now.

 

So, you must be wondering why I invited you to come here.”

Yes, Sir.”

Don’t be so formal. It’s not office hour now. Only Yang Jie will do.”

No, no, no. I can’t do that, Sir.”

Why not? It’s fine,” Yang Jie smiled his charming smile again.

Sir… I don’t want to be rude, but it’s getting late and I haven’t eat dinner yet, so I...”

Let’s go.”

Huh?”

Let’s have dinner together.”

No, I don’t mean… Sir? Ehh, wait, Sir!?”

Dayu didn’t even finish his sentence and Yang Jie just grabbed and pulled Dayu’s shoulders up.

Let’s go out and eat. I’ll take you back home after.”

Dayu was left speechless and just followed his manager out.

 

Yang Jie drove them to Fratelli Fresh. One of the best Italian restaurant in Beijing. Dayu loved Italian food so much from so many European food that he has ever eaten so far. He knew this place from long ago, but never had a chance to come by.

I know you will like it,” Yang Jie said. “Take a seat.”

Hahahaha… How would you know, Sir?” Dayu laughed and sat down.

If only Dayu looked at his manager’s face a little while ago, he would see a strange glint in his eyes.

 

They had dinner and chatted like old friends having a reunion. Dayu has never known that his manager is such a nice and fun person to talk to. He thought that the dinner would be so awkward, but he was wrong. The dinner went so smoothly. He even forgot to tell Qingge that he would come home late.

 

22:30, in front of Dayu & Qing’s Apartment

 

Thank you, Sir.”

What for?”

For the dinner and taking me home.”

It’s okay. My pleasure. Bye-bye.”

Dayu waved his hand and went in to his apartment building.

 

22:35, at Dayu & Qing’s Apartment

 

Welcome home,” Qingge said with a sour smile.

Dayu bit his lips and looked at Qing with an apologetic smile. “I’m home. Sorry I’m late and didn’t tell you.”

You didn’t even reply my messages.”

Sorry…” Dayu said while taking off his shoes and socks.

Where have you been for hours?” Qing crossed his arms on his chest.

Just had dinner with my manager.”

Ooh… with your colleagues also?

No, just the two of us,” Dayu replied nonchalant.

Oh.”

Dayu froze. He could sense Qingge’s cold stare on him.

Qinggee… we just had dinner together. Nothing more,” Dayu looked at Qing with purse lips and big pleading eyes.

Why?”

Because he wanted to talk to me.”

About?”

It’s about… ehh?” Come to think of it, he didn’t answer my question when I asked him what do he need me for.

Ehh? What eh? He didn’t talk about work related things with you?”

No,” Dayu admitted with a waver voice. He knew Qingge was about to get angry.

If he suddenly asked you to have a meal and didn’t talk about your works, that means he wanted to be close with you. How dumb of you that you didn’t even realize that.”

But I...”

Qingge didn’t wait for Dayu to finish his words and just left to his own room.

 

Great. What a wonderful day.

 

 

 

 

To be continued