How are You?

You Are Mine

Saturday, 11:20 AM at Black Sesame Kitchen

 

Yang Jie invited Dayu to come have a lunch with him in his favourite restaurant. Dayu agreed to it without much objection. He knew what his manager will say, so he just let it be.

 

While they were waiting for their meal to come, surprisingly his manager didn’t talk about what he thought he would talk about. Instead, they talked about China economic prospect in the world and other heavy subjects that were happening in the world nowadays.

 

The waitress came to their table with their food, and he started to eat eagerly. But when he looked up at his manager, he knitted his eyebrows.

Why don’t you eat, Sir?”

Ah, actually… I’m waiting for someone to come.”

Who?”

 

Dayu felt someone tapped his shoulder. He looked back and shocked clearly visible in his face.

Hey...”

Ah, hello...”

Nah, since he came already, I’ll be back to the office. I remember there are some things that I need to do.”

 

Yang Jie left the two of them and smiled widely.

 

Wang Qing sat down where Yang Jie just sat a while ago. They sat across each other in an awkward silence. But then Qing couldn’t bear it anymore and started to initiate the conversation.

How are you? Have you been well?” Qingge asked with concerned.

I’m good. How about you?”

I started to keep a pot of flowers three months ago, but as expected, I’m not good in taking care of delicate things. The flowers died no more than a week.”

Sorry to hear that. I think you should learn about taking care of flower first before start keeping it. So it won’t be a waste.”

Then, how about we eat the food before it starts getting cold?”

I agree.”

 

They ate in silence and no one dared to look at each other’s face while eating. A lot of things happened inside their minds. What would they say after this? Would they part away after they finish their lunch? Or would they go somewhere else and have fun with each other like they used to be when they were best friends? Could they start anew with their friendship? Could it be possible? Could it happen?

 

When they finally finished their lunch, again, there were this awkward silence surrounding them.

Do you want to go somewhere?” Qing asked looking at Dayu’s face.

I don’t want to go home yet, but I have no idea where to go.”

Do you want to go karaoke?”

Okay, it’s been so long since the last time I went to karaoke.”

Great, let’s go.”

 

They went to the Same Song KTV, a karaoke bar nearby. On the way to the karaoke place, they didn’t talk a single sentence to each other.

 

02:15 PM, Same Song KTV

 

The waiter led them to their karaoke room. They sat down side by side on the sofa and started choosing the songs. They were excited and choose their own favourite songs. As they started to sing, it’s as if they were forgetting all the problems between them and sang their heart out to the songs. Then, there was this one song that they both like, Blue and White Porcelain by Jay Chou. They both sang this song with so much passion.

 

At the end of the song, they looked at each other, but quickly threw their gaze somewhere else. Dayu bit his own lips and rubbed his sweaty hand on his pants. Qingge looked at Dayu’s hand and battling in his mind whether to grab it or not. When Dayu took his drink and put it back on the table, Wang Qing still couldn’t decide whether it was a good move to hold Dayu’s hand or not. But then Dayu glanced at him a little, feeling uneasy, and moved his an inch farther from Qing.

 

Qing noticed, and grabbed Dayu’s hand. Dayu didn’t resist his touch. In fact, Dayu started intertwining his fingers with Qing’s fingers. Qingge closed the gap between them and softly kissed Dayu’s hair. Dayu looked up and met Qing’s eyes staring deeply into his eyes. Qingge put Dayu’s head on his chest and hugged him.

 

I was such a fool. I should have learned how to take care of you before I decided to keep you. I thought I knew everything about you because we are always together, but I was so wrong. Of course one couldn’t really understand what the other is actually thinking or feeling.”

“……...”

Give me a chance. I’ve been thinking about it over and over again in the past three months. Give our relationship a chance to live.”

Qinggee...”

I will tell my parents that I like you.”

You can’t. They will disowned you.”

How would you know?”

A lot of parents who has a bent son are like that.”

And you think our parents are the same with those parents?”

“……...”

We won’t know if we don’t try.”

You will be hurt.”

I have my own principle. If I think that something is worth it, I will fight for it. Especially because it’s you.”

So stubborn like always.”

Qingge didn’t answer him, but he smiled.

 

Our two hours time of singing will be over soon. Where do you wanna go next?”

Up to you. I really have no plan today.”

Qingge released his hug on Dayu and suddenly kissed him. Dayu’s big eyes widen in surprise.

Sorry, I… since earlier at the restaurant, I really really wanted to kiss you. I… I miss you so much.”

Dayu took a deep breath and sighed. “You know, we’d broken up already.”

I know, I was just...”

Just take it easy, okay?”

Okay.”

And, I think I just want to go home now.”

Oh? Alright then. I’ll take you home.”

 

It’s not that I don’t want you to kiss me. I’m just afraid. With just a single kiss, I will fall to the temptation to keep you as mine forever.

 

 

 

 

 

to be continued