Misunderstanding

You Are Mine

It rained so hard and Dayu was sitting on the bed with his hands unconsciously playing with the bed cover. Qingge had a date with Wei Xia this afternoon and he couldn’t do anything about that. Sunday has never been so gloomy like today. Tomorrow, early in the morning, they have to go to the train station to go back to Beijing and went straight to their respective office. But until now, he didn’t even get any message from Qingge.

 

In the midst of rain, Dayu hear a familiar sound of car’s engine outside.

 

Qingge is back.

 

He went to peek in between his window seal and true, it was Qingge, using his father’s car. Dayu quickly grabbed his phone and gave him a message.

 

You’re back. How’s the date going?

 

Dayu waited Qingge to reply it. After 20 minutes, there was still no reply. Dayu decided to call Qingge. It was ringing, but no one answered it.

 

Where the hell is Qingge?

 

Dayu gave up, he went to the bathroom. Washed his face, brushed his teeth, and prepared himself to sleep. But then suddenly his phone rang. He intended to ignore it. He knew it must be Qingge. After a while, the ringing voice was gone. It was so silent. When Dayu tried to close his eyes again, he heard some noises outside his room.

 

Someone’s unlocking the door of his bedroom. He opened his eyes a little and was surprised to see Qingge carefully opened the door.

 

Why are you here and being like a thief?”

Ssshhhh… your parents must have already asleep at this hour. So I just excuse myself to enter the house.”

How do you even have the keys?”

Your mom gave it to me long time ago when your parents decided to go on their second honeymoon. In case something happen to you and your sister, then I could come to the rescue.”

Dayu rolled his eyes. “All the keys including my bedroom key?”

Oh, this one… umm… actually, I’ve made a copy of your room’s key when you were not aware of it.” Dayu raised one of his eyebrows in a questioning look. “In case I need to see you urgently.”

I’ve sent you messages and called you.”

I know, sorry. I was taking a bath when you were calling. I was drenched.”

Then… how was it going? The date, I mean. How is she?”

She is a fine young lady. It won’t be difficult for her to have a boyfriend on her own. She is nice and cool.”

You like her?”

If you meet her, you would also like her,” Qingge smiled, but Dayu was not in the mood to be nice to Qing tonight.

Okay, that’s all I want to know. Go back to your house and sleep, or we’ll be late tomorrow.”

Can I sleep here tonight?”

No.”

Qingge pouted, but Dayu was already feeling upset. He pushed Qingge out of the room.

 

Monday, 08:00 PM at the Apartment

 

Qing and Dayu has already come back home and finished their dinner. Qing took a bath and Dayu was in the living room, watching DVD. Qing’s phone which was in the table start ringing once. He had receive a message. Dayu looked at the screen and read the ID.

 

It’s Wei Xia.

 

Dayu took the phone and opened it. He read the messages above. And certain messages really made his heart boiled.

 

> I forgot my brief. Just throw it to the trash bin.

 

>> No worries. I’ll throw it. Be careful that your bird will catch a cold.

 

When Qingge finished showering, he searched for Dayu in the living room, but he wasn’t there. He called out for Dayu, but no one answered. He went to Dayu’s bedroom, but couldn’t open it.

 

Dayu, open the door please,” Qingge knocked the door several times and called him again and again, but Dayu ignored him.

 

Qingge gave up and finally stayed away from Dayu’s door and walked in defeat to the living room. He opened his phone and his eyes widen. Now he knew why Dayu was being like this. He misunderstood. Qingge put his hands on his chin. He really wanted to tell Dayu right now that he misunderstood the whole thing. But Dayu must be still really angry, it’s better for him to wait until tomorrow. He hoped that Dayu would already be calm tomorrow, so they could talk it out in a good term.

 

Tuesday, 09:35 PM at the Apartment

 

Dayu was late. He wasn’t home yet. Qing has already waited for him with their dinner. The meal has become cold. Qingge couldn’t contact Dayu either. He was so frustrated. When he heard the sound of the door being unlocked, he stood up abruptly and went to the door. Dayu looked at Qingge and asked him what’s wrong, but Qingge couldn’t utter even a single word.

 

Dayu walked pass Qingge’s body and went to the kitchen. He apologized for being late and that he already ate dinner with his friends.

 

Your phone was off.”

Yeah, my phone was out of battery and I didn’t bring my charger with me.”

Dayu...”

Hmm?”

I want to talk about something.”

Yes?”

What you see is not what you think it is.”

I don’t understand what you mean.”

About my chat with Wei Xia...”

What about it?” Dayu looked at Qingge’s eyes with no expression.

Don’t look at me like that. Give me a chance to explain myself.”

I do. I give you a chance, I’m listening.”

Qingge sighed and smoothed out his hair. “Your expression tells me that you won’t believe whatever I say.”

Actually, I was already thinking about it since last weekend.”

Huh?”

Let’s break up.”

 

 

 

To be continued