Heartbreak

You Are Mine

 “What the , Xing? Asking me that weird question all of a sudden,” Yang Jie’s face blushed hard.

So, no one ever touched you there?” Yong Xing smirked.

Why should I allow others to touch me there?”

 

Suddenly, Yong Xing held Yang Jie’s neck and brought it to his face, then kissed him. Yang Jie’s eyes widen in surprise, but he didn’t push Yong Xing away. It was just a soft kiss. But it was enough to make Yang Jie’s heart raced like mad.

 

Xing… why?”

I’ve been longing to touch you and kiss you for years.”

Do you like me?”

Don’t just say something like that so casually. You should learn to be a little sensitive about others’ feeling.”

Then?”

Yong Xing sighed, “I’ve always liked you.”

And Dayu?”

I am attracted to him because he looks so much like you. His personality and character resemble you a lot. But when I saw you again at the restaurant in Beijing, I couldn’t take my mind off of you. I’ve realised that if I have never confessed to you, then I will never be able to open my heart to anyone else.”

 

Yang Jie didn’t move from his spot. He just stared blankly at Yong Xing and didn’t even utter a single word. His mind was flooding with remembrance of their younger days being together.

 

So?”

Huh?”

What’s your answer?”

I… I have never thought about you that way. Sorry.”

Yong Xing smiled. Hurt was clearly visible in his eyes. “Haahhh… finally I can take off this feeling out of my heart,” he grinned, “It feels like a big burden has lifted up from my shoulder.”

You should have said it sooner so you won’t torture yourself.”

Yeah, stupid me,” Yong Xing laughed, “and finally I can open a new chapter of my love life. I felt rather miserable in these past years.”

Yang Jie laughed. He patted Yong Xing shoulder and asked him to take a bath because they will have breakfast together.

 

Yong Xing went to the bathroom and before he closed the door, he attentively observed Yang Jie wearing his clothes. He smiled bitterly and finally closed the door. Being rejected has never been so hurt like this. Though he already knew the answer even before he confessed to him, but still, it hurts so much when he heard it.

 

 

09:45, At Hotel’s Dining Room

 

Qingge, Dayu, Yang Jie, and Yong Xing had breakfast together. Yang Jie was complimenting Dayu’s fresh look. He said Dayu’s face looked so bright and shining. Qingge pouted a little when Dayu politely said thank you to Yang Jie and chatted with him quite passionately about some things that happened in their company.

 

Yong Xing looked at the scene in front of him and clearly understood that Qingge and Dayu were in no way having a normal relationship as best friends. But he didn’t say anything. He enjoyed it. He was currently in a heartbroken mood, and it felt good to see other people suffering a little.

 

Mr. Zhang, we will go back to Beijing after lunch,” Qingge said to Yong Xing.

I see. I’m sorry I couldn’t see you off in the airport.”

That’s fine. We are glad that yesterday’s event was a success,” Qingge smiled and lifted his glass in a salute manner.

Thanks to you and your co-workers. All of you have done a great job.”

 

They finished their breakfast in silent and went back to their respective hotel rooms to tidy up. Yong Xing saw the way Qingge put his hand on Dayu’s waist and secretly envied them. Yang Jie has already walked in front of him. He saw the way Yang Jie’s move. He was so tempted to just lock him up in the hotel room and him senseless so that he could understand his hurt feeling for years. But his sober mind of course rejected the idea. He couldn’t hurt someone that he loves so much to satisfy his ego.

 

At Qing and Dayu’s room

 

I feel bad for Xing gege,” Dayu suddenly said.

Huh? Why?”

He looked so sad just now. His mind was always wandering elsewhere.”

Really? I didn’t notice anything.”

I knew something happened between Xing gege and Mr. Yang. But I didn’t dare to ask. I just hope they could solve their problem well.”

I didn’t know that you are quite sensitive about things like this. I always thought you are so dense most of the time.”

Dayu turned his head and sent Qing his most dangerous death glare. “What’s that suppose to mean?”

Nothing,” Qingge grinned and back-hugged Dayu.

Qingge...”

Yes?”

Please, spare my life.”

Huh? Why?”

Your thing is poking my behind.”

Qingge didn’t apologize, instead he said, “Just once was not enough. It’s been a week, you know?”

It’s just a week. You’re like a dog in heat.”

I’m not a dog, but I’m in heat.”

off,” Dayu pushed Qingge and started to tidy up his luggage.

 

Qing sat down on the edge of the bed and eyed Dayu.

 

When did I start to like him so much? Wasn’t it Dayu who said that he likes me first? But somehow, It doesn’t look like it. It’s me who is always so jealous whenever he is close to someone, it’s me who always miss him so much whenever we are apart. I has fallen deeply in love with him without realising it.

 

Dayu waved his hand in front of Qing’s eyes.

Earth to Qing, earth to Qing. Do you hear your motherland calling?”

Dayu snapped his fingers and that made Qing startled.

What?”

What are you day dreaming of?”

You.”

Dayu smacked Qingge’s head and pinched his nose. “Come on, let’s pack your things up.”

 

Before Qing could do anything, his phone rang.

Mom?”

Qing, where are you?

I’m in Shanghai, Mom. I have work here.”

I want you to go home next weekend.

Why?”

There is something that Mom and Dad want to discuss with you.

Oh, okay then. I will be back home next weekend, Mom.”

Great! You are forever my lovely son. See you!

Qing smiled hearing his mother cheerful voice on the phone, “see you, Mom.”

 

Dayu was listening to the conversation and couldn’t help but asked.

Why do you need to go home next weekend?”

My Mom said there is something she wants to discuss with me. Do you wanna come too? It’s been a while for you to come back home, right? Let’s go together.”

Dayu nodded his head and smiled remembering his own parents. He missed them so much.

 

 

 

 

To be continued