Dayu's Family

You Are Mine

The next Saturday, Qing and Dayu decided to go back to their home town again. This time, they wanted to make it clear to their respective family about their interest with each other. Dayu was fidgeting a lot. He was so nervous and felt like vomiting everytime he was imagining his parents disappointed face.

 

Dayu, please...”

I’m a coward.”

 

They have already arrived and were just standing in front of their houses’ gate with much anxiety. But finally, after several minutes passed by, they braced themselves and come in to their own house.

 

10:15 AM, At Dayu’s Household

 

Dayu rang his house’s doorbell and waited for his mom to open the door for him. When the door was finally opened, Dayu’s mom was quite surprised to see her son standing there.

Son, you’re back,” She smiled widely. “Mom is so surprised. You didn’t even give me a call that you will come.”

Sorry, Mom. I suddenly want to see you.”

Come, come. Mom has just finished baking muffin.”

Dayu sighed a heavy breath and followed his mom to the kitchen.

 

At the same time, in Qingge’s Household

 

Son! You’re back!” Qingge’s mom was hugging her son tightly.

Mom, what’s with the loud shout? It’s not like I was gone for the entire year.”

Mom’s missed you so much.”

I miss you too, Mom.”

Come on. Help me to cook for lunch.”

Moomm… I’ve just come back and you are already asking me to help you cooking.”

Eii, who else will help Mom if not you ah?”

Qing just followed his Mom and helped her to cook for lunch.

 

09:47 PM, Dayu’s Household

 

After dinner, Dayu was planning to have a talk with his parents. But he wasn’t able to bring himself to talk about it until his little sister went to sleep.

Mom, Dad, can I talk to you for a while?”

Actually Dayu’s mother has already sensed her son’s strange behaviour since dinner time, but she kept silence.

Yes, Son, of course. Let’s sit comfortably in our living room,” Dayu’s father said.

 

Dayu kept his eyes fixed on the floor and didn't dare to look up at his parents.

What is it that you want to tell us, Dayu?” His mother was asking him in a really soft voice, as if she was afraid to startled his beloved son if she asked him in her normal voice.

Slowly, Dayu lifted up his head and faced their parents with sorrow in his eyes.

Mom, Dad, I like Qingge.”

For several minutes that felt like hours, there was no response from his parents. It was so silence that the tickling sound of wall clock could be heard clearly.

 

Do you mean… not as a friend or brother?” His mother bravely asked and it made Dayu’s heart clenched.

Yes, Mom. I, I like him… in a romantic way, and… and we, we have already in a relationship.”

Dayu’s father held his breath and his hands trembled. He tried to calm himself down and asked his son. “When? How? Why?”

I’ve started to realize that I liked him, since... my early days as university student. I don’t know how or why it happened. But now I’m sure that I really like him more than a friend or brother.”

How do you know that you will like him forever? Have you date a woman yet?” His father asked him with a stern voice.

I’ve tried to date with a girl, Dad, but I couldn't bring myself to like her.”

Do you like men or do you only like Qingge?”

I’ve never liked any other man beside Qingge.”

His Dad put on a smile. “That’s good, isn’t it? That means, you are not gay. Dad is so sorry that you can not have a father figure. I should be a better father for you.”

Dad, I...”

You felt like this toward Qingge, because when your father was gone, the only one who accompany you and always be with you is Qingge, right? Dad doesn’t blame you that you misunderstand your own feeling as romantic love for Qingge. Because he is the only one you trust and he stayed with you in your dark time.”

Dayu, Mom also wants to apologize to you. I should have known your misery, but back then, Mom always thought that Mom was the only one feeling miserable. Mom neglected your feeling and doing things without your concerned. Even when Mom was remarried, Mom… didn’t really ask for your opinion and went ahead with it...”

Mom, I don’t blame you with all the things happened in the past. It was no one’s fault. I know you loved Dad so much. I know you love me, always, and what my heart desired is for you to always be happy. I am truly happy for both of you when you were remarried. But Mom… Dad… I, I… maybe Dad is right. I misunderstand my feeling for Qingge. But, right now, there is nothing that I want the most… other than being with Qingge. Can you accept thant?”

 

Dayu’s parents once again gave no response and kept their thought for themselves. No one wanted to answer the question. Dayu’s eyes drilled the floor with his intense stare.

Dad believes, when the time comes, you will realize that, this is just a mistake. A shape of stubbornness of a young heart. And Dad knows that you will learn from it.”

It means, you are okay with me having a relationship with Qingge?”

For the time being, yes. There is nothing that we can do about it, right?”

Dayu smiled widely. “Thank you, Dad, and... Mom?”

Actually, whatever you want to be, whatever you will become, anything, everything that makes you happy, Mom will always respect and support your decision. You are my son, and will always be.”

Words couldn't contain the happiness that was blooming in Dayu’s heart. He shed a tear and hugged his parents in relieved.

 

Now, what happened with Qingge and his parents?

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued