New Place

You Are Mine

It’s Sunday morning. They were finally here, in front of their new apartment building. Their room was in the third floor. When Dayu was out of town last week, Qingge has already moved out all of their things from the dorm. Dayu looked around the apartment and made a silent nod here and there. All in all, he was satisfied with the room.

 

How is it?” Qingge asked.

It’s great. I like it here,” Dayu said, smiling.

Glad to know that. Nah.. Let me help you unpacked. I’ve already sort out mine.”

Thank you, Qing.”

 

The new journey of their life has begun. Their first jobs, new apartment, new friends. Dayu felt happy, excited of his new life as a worker, and also nervous about his first day at work. Qing was a little different. He mostly felt excited, his narcissistic side has never failed him. He will do great. He believed that.

 

 

Night in the McDonald

 

They were eating their meal peacefully. Enjoying the silent company of each other.

 

Do you think I could give my new colleagues and boss a good impression tomorrow?” Dayu asked, fidgeting his fingers.

You’ll do just fine. Don’t worry,” Qingge said, giving reassurance for Dayu.

Thanks,” Dayu smiled and ate his dinner.

 

Midnight at the apartment

 

The apartment has two bedrooms, which mean Qing and Dayu slept in different room. That was Dayu’s first night sleeping in that room, that’s why he couldn’t really sleep. It felt weird. The bed was bigger and more comfortable than his old bed in the dorm, but he found that his dorm bed was better.

 

Maybe because it’s new and all, not to mention the nervousness for tomorrow is killing me.

 

That was what Dayu said in his mind. Not that he missed Qingge and his sleeping figure next to him.

 

No, definitely not that, I’m not gonna think about that.

 

Suddenly Dayu heard a sound. His bedroom’s door was cracked open.

 

Qing? What are you doing?” Dayu was so surprised.

I'm sleeping here,” Qing said with a grin and pushed Dayu to make a place for him.

But, why?” Dayu whined.

I’m feeling cold. For the past week, I think it’s because of the weather. But I think I felt cold because I missed your body heat,” Qing smirked at Dayu.

What are you trying to say?” Dayu raised his eyebrow and smacked Qingge’s arm.

Ouch.. That was hurt, you moron.”

Who are you calling a moron, idiot!” Dayu smacked Qing’s head. Qing was smiling, and then they just laughed together.

Okay, I admitted that I couldn’t sleep well since the first time I sleep here.”

And why is that?”

I think because I missed our old dorm’s bed. Or maybe because it was full of people. You know, it was never been so cold in the dorm because there were six of us in one room. And then suddenly I was all alone. I’m somehow.. I felt so alone and lonely, and cold.”

Yeah, I know. I felt that too.”

That’s why. Let me sleep with you tonight, okay?”

Okay.”

 

Qing was fast asleep, leaving Dayu who was still up and couldn’t sleep at all. He felt his heart beats so fast. He stared at Qing’s peaceful face, smiling.

 

Good night, Qing. Hope tomorrow will be a great day for us.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued