Going Home

You Are Mine

Dayu has coaxed Wang Qing to go to see his parents this week. This time, Dayu will come and accompany him. He knew that their parents didn’t talk to each other since they opened their relationship to them. Though some times has passed, Dayu still couldn't calm down his restless heart. He still wanted Qingge’s parents to bless their relationship and wanted to fix their parents’ relationship too.

 

Qing, are you okay?”

Yeah.”

You look like you are in a bad mood.”

It’s not that I’m in a bad mood. I just don’t feel like going,” Qingge said while tying his shoelace very slowly.

Qing… you has promised me.”

I know. That’s why I’m here preparing myself to go to the tiger nest.”

Can you not say something horrible like that about your own parents?”

Wang Qing sighed and stared at Dayu with a strong gaze. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that.”

Of course. Whatever happened, you should respect your parents.”

Wang Qing laughed and straighten his back. He stood up and put his backpack on his shoulder.

Let’s go.”

 

It’s almost evening when finally Wang Qing reached his house, he called his mother and his mother rushed to open the gate. Wang Qing’s mother was so happy to see her son, until she saw someone behind her son’s back. She made a little awkward smile and greeted Dayu.

 

When he came inside the house, he saw his father on the sofa watching TV. His father saw him and Dayu walked out to the living room and just nodded his head.

Mom, I’m going upstairs with Dayu,” Wang Qing said. His mother nodded and patted his back. She gave a small genuine smile to Dayu that made him feel better.

Mom will call you when the dinner is ready.”

Thanks, Mom.”

Thank you, Auntie.”

 

Dayu felt a little relief when he saw that little smile directed at him. It felt like a small burden has lifted up from his shoulders. He wished this was a sign of a good thing. But then his mind came back to Qingge’s father. His stoic face looked unwelcome. He shook his head and tapped his cheeks a few times. Wang Qing looked back at him and raised his eyebrow. Dayu grinned and made a shush gesture to Wang Qing so that he continued his step on the stairs. Dayu followed Wang Qing silently behind.

 

Hey...”

Hm?”

Have you seen your mom’s expression when she saw me?”

Yes. I was sure she was smiling at you just now,” Wang Qing smiled at Dayu. He opened his bedroom’s door and made a hand gesture so that Dayu could go in first.

Thanks.”

I wish my dad won’t be a jerk.”

Qing!”

I know, I know. Sorry.”

Wang Qing closed the door and put his backpack down on the floor. Dayu did the same.

 

Your room is not much different from when we were still in high school. I think I’ve never been in your room since we were university students.”

It’s tidy and organized, right?”

Monochrome.”

Tch...”

It’s your mom that makes your room always tidy and organizes.” Wang Qing pouted and Dayu grinned at him. “Your room with all the furnitures and curtains. It’s all monochrome. Black and white. Grey. Have you ever wondered that your preferred colours reflect your life?”

Do you mean that my life has no colour? Boring… dark and miserable –”

No… I didn’t say that. How could you make such a conclusion?”

Well...”

Forget it. Let’s change the topic. So what should we do?”

 

Wang Qing sighed and sat down on his bed. He patted a spot beside him and Dayu sat down there.

Honestly, I don’t know what should we do or what should we say when we are having dinner later. My dad, you know? When we entered the living room, I saw his body become rigid. He felt awkward with our present here. And I don’t think my dad has changed his mind about us either.”

I see. I understand. Our parents are different people. And different people of course also has different opinion about a lot of things. We were raised in different culture of different family. Your parents are always so strict about rules and things alike. That’s why you are also like that.”

Me?”

Ngg, don’t you aware about yourself?”

I have never really thought about that.”

So, I know where he comes from. I understand if he needs more time, a really long time, to think about this. You are his son, and he cares a lot about you. He must have thought about all the risks that will happen in the future.”

He is always so negative.”

I believe, that’s not it. He loves you, he hates it when people talks bad about you. And he will hate himself even more if he couldn't prevent you from the backlash and hatred from other people.”

People are always full of judgement. Like they are clean themselves. Disgusting.”

 

Dayu closed his eyes for a moment. Suddenly he felt so tired. Wang Qing caressed his cheek and kissed his hair.

Let’s just hope for the best. I’m less worried because you are with me now.”

Dayu smiled again. He kissed Qingge’s lips lightly and hugged him.

 

Today, everything seems to run in a slow motion. My heart is beating like crazy.

 

Please, let us be together.

 

 

 

To be continued