Fragile Mind

You Are Mine

Time has passed by so fast. It’s been a year since the last time Wang Qing saw his parents. For the past year, every time they called Wang Qing, the last sentence that they said to him was ‘please, think carefully about your choice of life’. Wang Qing knew it was no other than Dayu that they were talking about. Dayu is the best thing that has come to his life after his parents. Of course he loves his parents so much. He didn’t want to hurt them. But he also felt like a living corps without Dayu. He couldn't choose. Why can’t his parents just accept it?

 

It’s Saturday and unfortunately Dayu has appointment with his friends today. Wang Qing was laying down on the sofa in their apartment, thinking about his parents and their future. Even though Dayu has never brought up about it any more, but he knew that Dayu was still trying to make him and his parents reconcile. He knew that his parents have talked to Dayu’s parents, but as Dayu’s parents were supporting their son, his own parents had made a distance with their long time neighbour. It’s so saddening that their parents that were once best friends, now became like a stranger to each other.

 

What should I do?

 

Even though he was once said that it doesn’t matter for him as long as Dayu’s parents accepted their relationship, it was actually a lie. It was a big deal for him. He wanted his parents to acknowledge their relationship and support it.

 

He remembered, not too long ago, there was this woman who had an accident on the road and he was there to help her. Wang Qing took her to the hospital and came to visit her every three days because more or less he felt responsible about her even though he didn’t know her and wasn’t the one who harmed her. She was released from the hospital after two weeks. They has become friends and they contacted each other a lot. Until one day, the woman confessed to him and it made Dayu quite mad. Dayu is not someone who will tell others about how he really feels, but when he finally explodes, it’s quite scary. Luckily, Dayu understood that Wang Qing really had no feeling towards her.

 

But then, a week ago when he was planning to come back to his home town to meet his parents, he saw something that made him discouraged and so angry. In front of the gate of his house, that woman was there. He turned his back and finally decided to not go home. After that he chatted her and asked what her actual relationship with his parents. She didn’t reply him at first, but Wang Qing kept calling her and maybe because it was bothering her so much, finally she picked up Wang Qing’s call. Then, the woman said that she is a daughter of his parents’ friends.

 

Wang Qing was suspicious that the woman was set up by his parents to meet him, befriended with him and then they must hope that he would slowly fall for her. He knew the woman is so beautiful. He couldn't deny that. Very beautiful, smart, nice body and very charming. If he didn’t fall in love with Dayu, he was sure that he would really fall for that woman.

 

They have gone too far. I don’t even know why the girl was agreed to do that too. The whole scenario of her with the accident and being hospitalized… amazing… I should praise anyone who came up with the idea. Brilliant. It didn’t look fake at all. The people who were probably paid by my parents did a great job. They could become actor or actress with that acting skill. That is so low of them to do that kind of thing!

 

He was feeling betrayed by his parents. It made him paranoid. Who knows maybe one day they will try to use a man and made Dayu misunderstood that he was cheating with another man. Wang Qing’s parents must have been so desperate to make Wang Qing to the ‘normal’ side. When actually the ‘normal’ word itself is quite ambiguous. Wang Qing wondered if the definition of ‘normal’ in the relationship was made by human to cover their own abnormality.

 

All in all, in the society, most people treated same- couple like they are criminal, when they actually never do something bad to other people. But most people also could care less about a man who abuse his wife and let their child suffers. The irony of life.

 

Wang Qing shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose, his mind was back to think about his parents.

 

Just because they failed to persuade me to break up with Dayu, they did something horrible like that. They thought I will easily fall out of love for Dayu if I met someone beautiful and better than Dayu? Nah, they are wrong. Dayu is beautiful enough for me and I have never met any other person that is better than Dayu.

 

Because he is my other half. And there is nothing better than your other half.

 

 

 

 

To be continued