How to Solve?

You Are Mine

After three days staying at Xiang’s apartment, finally Dayu was getting kicked out by the owner. He was so reluctant to go back to his shared-apartment.

 

What should I do now?

 

It was Tuesday night when Dayu finally went back to his apartment after work hour. He dragged his lazy feet to the road. He called a taxi to bring him home.

 

At home, Qing was so furious. He couldn’t sleep well during weekend. He knew Dayu is a big man who can take care of himself. He knew Dayu was safe somewhere. But still, he felt somehow responsible for the missing Dayu these last three days. Yesterday was Monday, and he was so sure that Dayu would come back home. But no, no sight of Dayu whatsoever.

 

Don’t tell me that you will search for a new place to live Dayu! I won’t allow it!

 

When Qing heard a creak of door being opened, he jumped off of his bed where he was sitting and thinking to himself.

 

Dayu! Finally you’re home! Where were you? I’m going crazy because of you. You didn’t even text me back. At least just to say that you are still alive!” Qingge was talking in one breath that makes him breathing heavily now.

Qingge, lower your voice,” Dayu calmly replied, “I’m good, I’m safe and alive, okay?”

That’s… That’s not what I mean. I was...”

I know, I know, sorry to make you worry. Have you eaten yet?”

Not yet, but I don’t wanna talk about food now. Dayu, listen...”

Qing, you don’t want to talk about food. Fine, I get it. But I’m hungry. Let me eat first, then we can talk about all the things in the universe that interest you.”

Qing sighed and saw Dayu’s tired eyes. Dayu walked slowly to the kitchen and Qingge was silently following Dayu.

 

It’s been a while since the last time Dayu cooked. He cooked fried rice for two people. Dayu knew that Qingge didn’t sleep and eat well during his three-days-running-away-from-home. He felt guilty. But not only that, he also felt kind of happy, a pleasurable feeling of being able to make Qingge’s mind always thinking about him.

 

They ate in silence. No one wanted to open the conversation first. It was so silence. The only sound coming from them was their use of utensils. So then when suddenly Qing’s phone rang, it almost gave them a mini heart attack. They looked at each other and laughed. So silly. They said in their mind. Qing went to pick up his phone and talked for a while. Dayu finished his food and decided to do the dish tomorrow morning.

 

Qing came back to the kitchen and saw Dayu already finished eating. He sat down and start eating his food again.

Dayu, I will go out for a while. After I come back home, we will talk. Okay?”

Dayu looked at the wall clock. 08:25 PM.

Okay. I’ll wait until 10 o’clock. If you don’t come back before that, we won’t talk about anything at all.”

What?! But my friend and I will meet at a place a little far from here. It takes time to go there and back here,” Qing said and looked at Dayu like a kicked-puppy.

10 o’clock or not at all. Your choice. It’s actually better if we leave it just like this though.”

This thing that you called ‘it’ is not a simple thing, Dayu. Why do you wanna run away from all of this? It’s you who started it! And now you don’t wanna talk about it.”

So now it’s all my fault?”

No, Dayu. I don’t say that it’s all your fault. I just don’t want to ruin our friendship.”

If we talk about this, our friendship will never get back like before.”

Qing took a deep breath and exhaled it slowly.

Dayu, just wait for me, okay? I will go back here before ten. I promise.”

 

Dayu just nodded his head and went to his room. His heart was beating like crazy.

 

No, no, no. I don’t want to discuss about it. ‘It’ was dangerous for us, for our friendship. Why are you so stubborn, Qing?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued