✌PROOFREAD - Roll The Dice (by Imyeoniyeoni)

✔✔TRAVERSE SHOP - REVIEW & PROOFREAD✔✔
 
proofread
Date Requested:
May 22, 2016 10:39:20 Date Finished:
May 22, 2016 12:20:10
Roll The Dice

Author: Imyeoniyeoni

Genre(s): Angst, Romance

Story Status: Completed

No. of Chapters: 1

 
Green texts mean correction.

WARNING: If you are not the author of the story and want to read it, a link is given above. Do not read the story here.

FINAL CHAPTER

"You want your youth back right? Then prove to us you deserve it. Kill Raine Kim."

I know that everything they've said are all lies, after all I can never bring my youth back. I am Jeon Jungkook and I'm unfortunately a son of a serial killer. With no brother or sister, I grew up in an environment close as hell. In short, I was raised to be a serial killer as well.

And today, I was assigned to kidnap and kill a woman named, Raine Kim—Nobody doesn't know her, after all she's the only daughter and heiress of the deceased Kim family who died in an ambush, a month ago. And now everyone's after her life and of course, wealth which is probably my parent's after at.

-

"W-Who are you?! L-Let me go!" She screamed out of her lungs as I quickly covered with a handkerchief that was sprayed with a sleeping fragrant. "Le-"

This girl is not just loud, she's quite strong too I must say. The way she fights for her freedom is something...

I brought her to an abandon warehouse where I usually let my victims have their last words. I don't do this because of pity or sympathy, it's just fun watching them ing begging for their lives. Like, they would ransom some money or promise me they won't tell the police, bull. Of course if I let them go all they're going do is run for their life to the ing police station where everyone believes are good citizen of the country, but they all act fake.

I once begged for help, but no one ing cared.


"W-Why is it dark in here?! Where am I?! Let me go!" I guess she's awake.

I threw my lit' cigarette down the floor as I step on it to end it's light. It's funny how similar this looks at how I simply end people's lives. —I walked my way towards her as I brought down the piece of clothing covering her eyes, making way for her vision. "Who-" I knew she murmured something but as soon as we locked our eyes, she was taken aback.

"You know for a girl, you're ing noisy," I said pushing my hair backwards in annoyance. "I won't make this any longer, it's almost six in the evening. Now, do you have any last words you want me to record? Or I can listen to everytime I'm bored?"

That's true, I record my victims' last words because it's just fun hearing them in pain, crying out loud and it's a good way to use for times I'm very bored. —I waited for an answer but her face somehow turned gloomy. "I guess you don't ha-"

"Give me six more hours! Kill me when the clock strikes twelve."

She suddenly blurted out which gave me a soft shock but cause my lips to form a smirk. —I stared at her as if I was looking directly into her pitiful soul as I tug few strands of her long black wavy hair which is in a messy bun, "Wow, it's my first time hearing someone not asking for freedom, but a specific six more hours to let her live," I chuckled almost a laugh.

She gulped, "Fine, if that's what you want. You're a beautiful girl after all, I'll benefit from staring at you for at least the last six hours of your life Ms. Raine Kim."

"How did you know me..." I'm not sure if it's a direct question or she meant something behind the question.

I pulled out my phone and set my phone in alarm. I don't want unorganize things so if she told me I'll kill her when the clock hits twelve, then I must shoot her when it ticks at twelve. "Who wouldn't know you missy, you're the richest person in South Korea now and everyone's after you."

"Right... Yeah that's right everyone is now after the treasure of my deceased parents." she sounded disappointed.

"You sounded disappointed," I chuckled.

"Who wouldn't be if you were in my place, I was known not for me but as an heiress of the richest couple in Korea. You wouldn't know how I feel after all, you aren't in the same state."

"Trust me. I went further than what you're pointing out."

It is true, after all, I myself don't have an own identity. I always change my name for our family's reputation and secret keeping. I never attended school with my real name, I never use a legal I.D, and my different identities will last only for about a month or three which is the longest. And unlike normal teenagers, they could live life normally and legally. While I, at the age of seven started training to become a serial killer.

"Liar..." I heard her murmured.

Five More Hours...

Silence surrounded the both of us and only the sound of the night waves splashing through the wall can be heard. This is killing me so I decided to light another cigarette. I blew out the smoke as soon as the cigarette left my dark lips caused by smoking. She was looking at me as if I've done something wrong, well I always do the wrong and illegal things.

"You're just nineteen but you smoke endlessly..." she murmured but obviously, she spoke it in a volume I would be able to hear.

"You know I can hear you right?" I chuckled and frowned my eyebrows, "And how did you know I'm only nineteen?"

"I-You just look like around that age..."

"Really?" I questioned her as she awkwardly nodded.

I went closer to reassure her answer, why does it feel like she had met me somewhere before. And my instincts can never be wrong. —Now our faces are inches away as I stared at her unstable eyes and grabbed her by the shoulder, as my mouth started to open, "Have we met somewhere bef-"

Suddenly my words were cut off by a loud growl which perhaps is her stomach growling. And soon I ended up laughing myself out on the floor.

"Y-Ya! Why are you laughing?! It's embarrassing..."

"S-Sorry I just couldn't help it," I stuttered as I held my stomach in pain from laughing, "Are you hungry?" I questioned.

She bit her bottom lip and slowly nodded.

"Then starve," I laughed as her lips turned into a pout and her eyebrows met.

"Mr. Serial Killer, If you're afraid I'll get out while you're away, I won't."

I frowned and held her chin, "How can I be sure?"

"First of all, If I wanted to do that I would've done that an hour ago; Second, I have no energy left in my body to even untie these ropes," She muttered.

Well, she has a point but still, would I? "If you want you can tie this rope three times tighter." 


And now, I found myself standing and staring right in front of a convenience store. I sighed and questioned myself, "Why the am I here again?" I rolled my eyes and inserted my hands in both pockets of my jeans.

"What do rich people eat anyways?" Or my questioned sounded more likely, 'what do girls like to eat?'

I shook my head and bought snacks since I guess that's the best choice. Heating ramyun or corndogs will take a lot of time, and who knows she's probably trying to escape by this moment.

Four More Hours...

I came back to the warehouse and quickly looked for where Raine Kim is tied in a chair. It was quite a big warehouse so I often get lost myself, or did she manage to escape?!

"Oh Mr. Serial Killer you're there! I can smell the snacks," she shouted which gave me an inside shock.

She promised and she kept it.

"You do keep your promise, Don't you?" I chuckled, "Here you go eat all you want since it's your last snack before you visit and meet your ing saint," I said as I harshly threw the plastic bag on her lap.

"Excuse me Mr. Seri-"

"Stop calling me that! I have a ing name," I cursed.

"Then what should I call you?"

"Forget it. What do you want now?" She can't know my real name even when she's about to die because she can't tell any saint a devil's name.

"How can I eat with my hands tied up?"

"So you're telling me to untie you?" I hissed, "That's not ing happening missy."

"Then are you going to feed me?" She frowned.

"Thank You!"

And I ended up untying her because feeding babies is not part of my job. I stared at her as she continued eating happily, wait did I just said happily? I can't believe that came out of my mouth. —Guess what, she asked me if I was getting hungry by watching her because she won't give me any at all.

"I think you're not a bad guy after all," she murmured.

"I heard you missy. And what makes you think I am not a bad guy, you don't know what I could do right now," I threatened.

"Because if you really are a bad guy, you wouldn't be doing this, hearing all my wishes..."

"Then do you want me to take away your snacks-"

"No! Of course not! Why would you do that?"

"Because I'm a bad guy."


Four More Hours... 

"Mr. Serial Killer, You haven't told me your name yet."

"Why would I?" I chuckled as I lit another cigarette to ease away my boredom.

"Because you wouldn't want me to call you Mr. Serial Killer all through the night and second would you stop smoking, that can kill you," she lectured me like a baby.

"Then should I smoke more to ing end my life?!" I shouted and I know I'm not in control of my emotions right now.

"Why would someone want to end their life!" She then, unexpectedly shouted back.

"Some people want to end their life to ease the pain missy," I calmly said.


Three More Hours...

I swear to ing penguins, this girl is nosy as . She would stop for quite some time, like thirty seconds to a minute and soon starts talking again. She even tried to pursue me living is a form of art blah blah. It's starting to piss me off, so I decided to put some tape on but it made the scenario even worst! So I got no choice but to take-off the tape and make a deal with her instead.

"If you learn to shut up for at least fifteen-thirty minutes I'll grant you a wish," I started.

Her eyes widen and her lips formed a smile, "Really?! Then tell me your name Mr. Serial Killer."

Why does she want to know my name so badly? "Alright." Well, I'll be glad if she could do it but at the same time not.

By her request, I set an alarm for about thirty-minutes so we'll have a fair game. And by that I can finally light a cigarette without any complaints and I could see her frown trying to stop herself from lecturing me again.

In no time. I noticed her head swaying from side to side, "Don't tell me she's asleep?!" I thought and as I went closer it was confirmed she was. Well, she should've done that earlier so that my ears could've felt peace a little while ago.

"Who would've thought that everyone is after this high school-looking girl," I chuckled.


Two More Hours...

"You overslept princess, I thought you were dead," I chuckled.

"W-What I overslept?!" I nodded and she sighed, "W-Wait, you turned off the alarm clock didn't you?"

"I didn't, I'm a fair person after all. I even brought it right beside your ears but you were sound asleep missy."

Her eyes widen and her cheeks turned rosy-red, "D-Did I snore?!" She shouted in fear as I nodded.

"I- God, this is so embarrassing..." She murmured with a frown, "Forget about it! So will you tell me your name now, Mr. Serial Killer?"

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot we had a deal, "Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook."

"Jungkook..." She told herself and paused for a while as a tilted smile formed on her lips, "That's a beautiful name."

By that moment, I felt I was struck by a group of butterflies hitting my stomach so hard as I felt my cheeks burning up in heat as I stared at her smiling face and her voice echoing through my head.

"W-What are you saying, it's a curse name." I hissed.

"Curse? Your parents gave you that na-"

"That's the point,"I sighed. "They gave me such an awful name," I chuckled.

"I-I'm sorry Jungkook-ssi ..."

It's weird how someone can call my real name freely. It's also weird how I openly told her my name,I felt like I'm having a conversation with a real friend all throughout the night but I still need to remind myself that in a few more hours, I, myself will be killing someone whom I had the best conversation of my life with. And that's why I don't make friends.


One More Hour...

Time ticks fast as I stared at my handphone with only an hour left.

"There's only an hour left, Am I right?" How did she know? "Your face says it all," she giggled.

And now she can read me like an open book, "Are you sure you aren't a supernatural creature?"

She nodded and, "I am," we both laugh.

"Jungkook-ssi, Can I tell you a story?"

"You've been telling me stories since six in the evening missy," I chuckled.

"Am I?" She laughed, "But can you untie me before I speak out my story?"

"You won't run away, right?" I reassured as she nodded.

"Have you ever been in love Jungkook?" She questioned.

"I haven't or maybe... I don't remember..."

"I see. Well, you see I've fallen for a man, it's sort of Love at First sight, I was seven that time. I met this young boy for the first time in the fields of lily flowers. It was the best spring I must say. He was a young and a boy full of dreams, everyday of that spring we would hang out by the fields at exactly twelve in the afternoon. We've been picking up the lilies and making stuff with it which is very fun, And I remember he once told me this, 'You know I felt living'. Which you'll find very weird, right?"

She stopped and stared at me,

"Then one day, he confessed his love for me. I know it might be puppy love or something but I kept his promise until now… Then the next day, when spring ended, he suddenly disappeared. I thought he was gone for a while as I continue waiting for him at twelve 'o clock by the fields until I reached sixteen and realization hit me that he'll be gone forever... "

Suddenly, she stood up and went towards me. "Promise me one thing Jeon Jungkook," she smiled.

"W-What is it?" I can't believe I stuttered.

"Live your life starting from now one, it's yours anyway," she smiled and cupped my face.

"What are you saying?"

She leaned closer to my ear and whispered. "No one can save you other than yourself..."

"I don't get you-" Suddenly, my words were cut off by the sound of an alarm, it's twelve o'clock.

She lifted the gun and placed it on my hand, "Thank you for keeping your promise, Thank you for giving me six more hours."

I don't know what to say as I lifted the gun which is now facing directly into her heart, I was trembling for some reason as she shook her head and mouthed, "Please do it Jungkook," I slapped myself with reality and yes, she was fun to be with but I was hired and I was ordered to kill her. What is there to lose?

Soon, I clicked the gun and a loud sound echoed through the warehouse. Her body soon gave out and I caughter her by the waist as I watch her spit blood out of . She held onto my arms and,

"Remember the flowers we saw that day...."

"So-Sonuel... I-It can't be ..."


author's notes
DISCLAIMER: This is for proofreading purposes only.

THANK YOU FOR SUBMITTING YOUR STORY TO MY SHOP! TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THE REVIEW IN THE COMMENTS!