✌PROOFREAD - Falling for two (By Vwifey)

✔✔TRAVERSE SHOP - REVIEW & PROOFREAD✔✔

STORY INFO

★Falling for TWO★

Author: Vwifey
Genre(s): Romcom, Fluff, Highschool Life
Story Status: Ongoing
No. of Chapters: 3


Green texts means suggested words to use.

WARNING: If you are not the author of the story and you want to read it, a link to the story is given above. Do not read the story here.


CHAPTER 1

"It's like I wanted to throw you off a cliff and rush to the bottom to catch you."

Ever since her cousin came to the place, Jung Aeri was in the state she hated the most. She became a girl who is always compared to her cousin, who was also that competetitive in studies, games, and everything. He was lucky that he was a boy for boys have girls to swoon over them and make them popular.

That's the life of Jung Aeri.

When she came to Seoul she knew there will be new home, new life, new strangers, and even a new school but she hated all of it. She doesn't like going out because she doesn't like to be the center of attention, especially at school. But God gave her the gift to be intelligent in her studies and she doesn't have other choice. She doesn't even like to go up to the stage to receive her prize.

That's the kind of girl she is.

And no one can change that.

 

Aeri ate her breakfast at 7:15 in the morning and her school starts at eight.

She ate the crunchy toast and munched it inside , she didn't even react to it. It's her mother's cooking and she doesn't like her cooking because she is not a very good cook to brag about. "Aeri-ah, after you finish eating your breakfast go wake up that stupid older brother of yours..." Mrs. Jung said and Aeri silently nodded.

That stupid brother of hers is Jeon Jungkook.

They are not real siblings at all. Jungkook's parents are having a company in USA so Jungkook have to stay in Aeri's home.

"There are new neighbors moving in yesterday." her mother said as she looked at Aeri who was busy munching the food. 

"Nah... I don't care." she said bluntly and continued her eating. 

"I heard that the boy there is super handsome." her mother said as she wiggled her brow once..

Annoyed by her mother's childish act, Aeri scoffed and slung her bag on her shoulders and hurriedly ran upstairs to wake up her cousin Jeon Jungkook.

"Yah! Are you going to finish your breakfast Aeri?"

 

Aeri peeked on the door and saw Jungkook sleepeing peacefully on his bed. She sneaked in and silently closed the door. She walked closer towards his bed and bent down looking at Jungkook's face.

The boy was wearing his cute pig pattern pajamas and was covered with a blue comfy-looking blanket.

'So peaceful... too bad I have to wake him up.' she smirked.

"Yah! Jungkook! Wake up!" Aeri shook him but there was no reaction, only his snoring could be heard. "Yah! Jungkook! Umma said that you have to go to school! Ireona..." Aeri shook him again but Jungkook still wouldn't wake up. She huffed, annoyed. She put her hands on her waist and glared at Jungkook.

She hissed when she caught Jungkook smiling while he peeked with his left eye.

"You're so busted Jeon Jungkook." She muttered under her breath, grabbed Jungkook's leg, and pulled it with force.

"Ah!"

The boy winced in pain which made Aeri grin. "That's for faking your sleep." she looked down on Jungkook who was still rubbing his because of the pain. Aeri pulled him right off the high bed and hitted his on the floor. "Now get up!" she yelled.

Jungkook noticed that Aeri had already dressed up in their school uniform--a white blouse with a black bow on top covered by a grey coat, a grey patterened skirt for the bottom, and sneakers. Aeri was quite uncomfortable to reveal her skin so she usually wears stockings with it.

"Yah! I'm one year older than you. Who are you to yell at me?" Jungkook spat back, looking up to see Aeri's face. 

"So what if you're one year older than me? Go take a shower Jeon Jungkook before you're late." Aeri (use another word for said) and turned to leave.

"And who are you to call me by my full name?! I'm your older brother! Older! Not that I want to...." he mumbled the last part. Aeri took a deep breath and tilted her head towards Jungkook. It was just a month ago that he came here from Busan and he already became this shameless character.

"I'm always late because of you! Umma always says to wait for you and because of that, I'm always late!" Aeri said in an annoyed tone. Meanwhile, Jungkook stood up  with the help of his leg.

"Umm... I'm going to my gang..." Jungkook said awkwardly.

Aeri rolled her eyes and cleared in excuse of disappointment. "Then, I'm going. And I'll never wait for you ever again!" She shot him a death glare and stormed off the room.

She came back downstairs and saw some stranger sitting on their sofa. It was a woman probably about in her 20's. She's so pretty and beautiful. When Aeri trailed off, she saw her mother enjoying tea with her, too.

Mmm... Must be a tea party.

"Oh good you're here!" Unfortunately, her mother noticed her coming. "Mrs. Kim this is my daughter, Jung Aeri." her mother introduced her to the woman. Aeri bowed awkwardly, oblivious of the situation. "Oh! Dear, this is Mrs. Kim. The new neighbors I mentioned during breakfast." her mother added. Aeri nodded and bowed to the woman again.

"Anneyeonghaesayo! Jung Aeri imnida!"

The woman gave her a warm smile, "Omo! She's so pretty... she must be the same age as our Taehyunggie, right?" 

"Yes, she's 14." her mother responded.

Aeri glanced at the wall clock--she widened her eyes as there was no time so she ran outside impolitely and barely bid her mother goodbye.

As Aeri ran on the footpaths on the corner of the road, she drag about her shoe like there's no tomorrow. Like she doesn't need it anymore.

Beside the footpaths were tall brick walls used as a fence around their neighbor's lawn. She glanced at her neighbor's house as she walked past by it. They were still busy arranging their new home. It was so amusing that she didn't notice what's coming in front of her.

Aeri heard something hitting harshly on the floor and she was not shocked. 

It was a handsome-looking boy and she didn't hesitate at all, she knew that it was their new neighbor as the guy skillfully jumped down the tall wall, the neighbor's wall. The boy patted his clothes to clean the dust.

'Like all other boys he will act cool and all.' Aeri thought and rolled her eyes.

Of course a guy like him will only care about girls like all other handsome boys.

She knew by his uniform that he was going to her school too--Seoul High.

The boy slung his bags on his shoulders coolly and Aeri had no choice but to stare at him because he's blocking the freaking way! Then... Aeri had to what she hated the most--to talk to him.

"You're blocking the way... can you please move mister?" she said softly but was enough for the guy to know. The boy just noticed her. He looked at her from head to toe and remained silent for a while.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" Finally the boy spoke.

Aeri had goosebumps because of this; his voice as deeper than the earth's core and could make her shiver down the spine.

'Why would I tell him? It's not like he knows me.' she thought and just stared at the boy.

Then the boy's lips formed into a rectangular, cheek smile. It was the warmest smile she had ever seen since she had been born--or so she thought. "Ha-ha... I'm sorry I should've introduced myself first. I'm but you can call me Kim Taehyung if you like or even... Tae Tae is better." he held out his hand for her to shake. "And I know that you are the girl next door Jung Aeri, right?!" He continued.

Great! The boy knew her.

But Aeri was currently in shock. How can he be the same person? The cool, deep-voiced boy into this bubbly, childish boy? The world had got to be kidding with her.

Taehyung felt uneasy too, he just rubbed his neck in embarrassment because Aeri turned down the handshake. Seeing him smile, without her knowing Aeri smiled too. But there's one thing she forgot--school!

She walked past him and carried out a book from her bag. She decided to read while walking.

"She smiled as she..." Aeri read out the story that she was reading. But she felt like someone was following her on her way. She turned her head backside but saw no one so she shrugged it off.

She landed her eyes on the book again and continued reading. She heard a noise from her back again even though there was a loud traffic noise going on but the sound was different, she felt she was being followed again so she turned back but no one.

She looked back to the front and--

"Hi!"

The boy that she saw earlier was right in front of her! Aeri collapsed and landed her right on the hard sidewalk."Yah! What are you doing there?!" She yelled as she blushed madly. They were so closed that their lips brushed by accident!

"I'm sorry…" the boy laughed cheekily and Aeri could see that his cheeks were tainted pink. She glared at him, but looked down on the ground when she realized that all the street people were pretty much looking at them.

She doesn't like to be the attention... she hated it.

The boy offered a hand but Aeri rejected it and pumped herself up."You why are you stalking me?!" She shouted but not enough to attract attention. "Did I ever say to follow me?!" she yelled again.

Taehyung gulped and looked down. "Annyeonghaeseyo! I'm Taehyung, your neighbor and your mom told me to follow you because I don't know the way to school.“ he bowed.

"Sheesh! I never said to introduce yourself." right, they are going to the same school. She looked at him as she tsked and tried to walk past him. Just as she was going to walk past Taehyung, he pulled her shoulders and turned Aeri to his side easily.

"Can I come with you too?" Taehyung pouted, showing his aegyo.

"Aww... how cute"

"The couples are adorable~"

Aeri could hear the murmurs going on in the streets. She let out a deep breath; if she wouldn't help this poor child she knew her mother was going to scold her or something.

"I will help you to find our school but you have to do as I command 'kay?"Aeri said and Taehyung innocently nodded.

"Follow me from the back... be about 3 metres away from me." she commanded. Taehyung raised a brow in confusion but jolted cheerfully on the back anyway. Of course she wouldn't like it if people think they were a couple.

Taehyung stood as where he thought the 3 meters will be. Aeri looked back but it was not far enough for her.
 
"Move a little farther.“ she commanded and he move his feet a little bit further from Aeri.

"No... a little farther."

He moved back again.

"A little farther...”

Aeri nodded as the neighbor guy was like about a size of an ant from her view.

"Ah... I don't think we could communicate much from here."Taehyung shouted.

"Now... Follow me from there." Aeri said and moved her feet.

 

The first thing Aeri would do when she arrive to school was to check whether she carried all her books and check if she haven't done any required activities. Because she is very forgetful, like all other days she was writing her math homework which she did forgot. She sat on her seat, biting her pencil every time she thought of something... someone to be exact.

That particular person... Kim Taehyung.

She didn't even saw him... later when they had reached school and she didn't even bother to know where he had gone to.

'Focus! Jung Aeri It’s not even your responsibility at all.' she told herself continuously.

She rolled her eyes and covered her ears with her palms as she heard girls squealing and screaming from the corridors. It seems that her brother Jeon Jungkook has come.

The way the girls scream she can know. Because her brother is way too popular.

She wished their homeroom teacher to come quickly. The teacher actually did come. "Now! Now! Go to your seats children." the teacher made the students to get back to their seats."Let's move on to the important thing…" the teacher continued and Aeri rolled her eyes as she stared at Jungkook who sat on his seat with a handful of presents from his fangirls.

There are three rows in their classrooms and on the left side of Aeri there is Jungkook sitting, she glanced at the empty seat on her right side. The seat was empty because the student probably left the class in the middle of the year.

Aeri glared at Jungkook who was taking a quick sneak peek at his gifts.

"Don't look anymore or your eyeball will fall off." Jungkook grinned at her as he said that as annoying as possible. She scoffed and rolled her eyes back on her desk.

"We have a new student joining in our class today! Please give him a warm welcome Kim Taehyung.”

"Whoa... so handsome!"

"Cute!!"

"I think I just discovered my new crush!"

Basically... The girls drooled.

"Now where will he sit?" the teacher patted her forefinger on her chin. A boy shyly enters the class and it was that boy who Aeri almost kiss today--did that count as a kiss though that whole blushing lips thing?!

Aeri remembered the incident and bent down to hide from him and also the redness on her cheeks. Jungkook noticed this and chuckled."Yah! Jung Aeri Who are you hiding from?" He shouted which Aeri tried shutting him up in a low tone.

"Jung Aeri is here~"

"What the are you doing Jeon Jungkook?" she lifted her head up a little and Taehyung saw her.

"I want to sit beside Jung Aeri!" Taehyung said and the teacher raised a brow.

"Aeri? Do you know her?"

Taehyung nodded on response.

"But we didn't used to do this kind of thing here... We don't allow the students to sit wherever they wish to." the teacher said which Taehyung pouted.

"Can you please make an exception for me?” Taehyung looked at the teacher with puppy eyes. The teacher couldn't handle his aegyo. It was too much.

"Okay, Taehyung go and sit beside Jung Aeri." the teacher grinned and Taehyung walked towards the seat on Aeri's right.

"It's because of you Jungkook."

"What?"

 

It was lunch break, Aeri walked on the hallway, towards her locker.

She heard footsteps sounds just like hers following on her back. Not that it was silent; the hallway was noisy as hell. She furrowed her brows and later sighed in frustration.

She turned back...

As she turned to see her locker again.

"Hi!"

Aeri stumbled from the sudden greet and landed right on a boy's body. And again that greet. She knew who it was.

"Oh my God! Why do you always do that?" She said as she looked down at Taehyung.

Then... she looked at his pinkish lips and-

An unexpected chuckle escaped from his mouth.

"How come we always meet like this?" he said showing that rectangular smile again. Aeri scoffed in disbelief and immediately stood up when she noticed the whole school was staring at them.

 

"I'm so thirsty!" Jungkook and his friends rushed their hands towards the water bottles. They freshened themselves by pouring the cold water over them, which made some if the girls squeal again. And to top on it, Jungkook even winked seductively to the girls and one of them fainted.

"Aish... we shouldn't play basketball at lunch anymore.” Namjoon said and the others nodded.

"Look we made ourselves all wet!" Jin complained.

"But it's not like we don't have another uniform to change to-”

"Look what I found here in the magazines~" J-Hope showed the boys the Seoul High school magazine that was placed on the tables. "Look this is the latest magazine.“ he added.

"What? That I ranked first in the exams hyung?" Jungkook chortled.

This was correct and made Aeri very angry... 

"No! Look down at the bottom... the couples section." J-Hope smiled. The other boys looked too and bursted into laughter.

”What? Let me see." Jungkook looked at the pages and read it. Jungkook spat out the water in his mouth immediately.

"What in the world..?”

 

"Why are you following me again?"

"Because we're friends now right?" The boy innocently smiled again.

"How-" 

"Aaaaaah!” just as she was going to say something again, cheering noises distracted her. Taehyung and Aeri turned their heads and saw Jungkook running, searching for supposedly Aeri. As Jungkook rotated his head, he finally spotted Aeri.

Jungkook ran towards her.

"What is this?"

Aeri looked at the magazine. "Like...how on earth can we be couples of the month! We’re cousins for God's sake!" Jungkook looked at other things while Aeri read the article too.

"What is this? How hilarious...” Aeri clapped sarcastically. "No way we are that match...”

"The rival couple. How cute is that~?" Jimin came and wrapped his arms on Jungkook's shoulders.

"Forget it...” Jungkook scoffed, "I wouldn't want to be her boyfriend even if we're not cousins." he stated.

"Well... I wouldn't want you either." Aeri stucked out her tongue. "Okay enough, enough both of you, you're families. Don't argue on something like that." J-Hope stopped the tension between them and noticed Taehyung peeking at a corner.

They all noticed.

"Ooh~ why you are with this guy is he your hmmmn?" All teasingly wiggled their brows at her except Jungkook who was still frustrated. "And I think that's why she doesn't like to be paired with Kookie because of... him?" They continued with a ooh~

"Yah! What are you all thinking?" She denied.

"Annyeonghaeseyo! Kim Taehyung imnida!" he bowed.

"You're that Taehyung?" Yoongi asked and Taehyung nodded.

"Nice to meet you again bro." they both hugged and patted their backs.

"What's going on?" Jimin asked looking dumbfounded.

"Oh... we used to go to school together back in Daegu." said Yoongi.

"Then, we must introduce ourselves to you too. I'm Kim Namjoon." 

"I'm Kim Seokjin."

"I'm Park Jimin from Busan baby!"

"I'm Jung Hoseok."

They introduced themselves each and everyone to Taehyung.

"Let's get something to eat y'all."

They all turned at Aeri and Jungkook.

Aeri and Jungkook were having a glaring battle or something.

They all sighed and tsked.

"Ah, let’s just leave them alone and let them settle this. It’s a natural thing after all."


CHAPTER 2

"Sometimes it's love, sometime it's hate but it's always you who is on my mind."

"I've told you today have been really strange." Aeri said narrowing her brows as she held her cell phone to her ears. On the other line was Catherine, Aeri's best friend.

"So who's this cute guy?" Catherine asked from the other line.

"What cute guy?" Aeri winced, “What cute guy are you talking about? I never said something like that.“ she added.

"Your new neighbor!“ Catherine said in a high-pitched voice.

"What? When did I say he was... cute?" She scoffed, thinking about the whole day with that guy.

"I don't know but he sounds so cute~" her friend cooed. 

“He’s weirder than you thought.“ she responded and stuck out her tongue.

"I will come tomorrow because of him~" Catherine giggled. 

“Shut up... you like Jungkook already, that’s enough." Aeri said jokingly as they both laughed.

"Anyways... tomorrow, don’t be absent on school like today okay?" She said and hung up. Aeri sighed out of exhaustion as she looked down her books, which is placed on her study table, there’s 3...4...5 of them to study again.

She scribbled something on her book but she couldn't concentrate at all. She glanced at the neighbor's house through the window glass and thought about the weird guy who continuously disturbed her from the morning. She bowed down on the table, thinking about the evening. Slowly, her eyelids felt heavy and she was pulled in her dreams.

 

Jungkook glanced at the family members who were busy filling the table with some dishes. Just as he thought they were inviting their new neighbor to their house for dinner. He, as a good boy decided to help them by cleaning the plates."Omo! Our Jungkookie is so cute! You're helping us!" Aeri's mother pinched his cheeks and he replied with a grin on his face.

"Then... where is our Aeri again?" The mother huffed, glancing upstairs.

"Probably sleeping again...Give her a rest. She must be tired.“ her husband said as he helped Jungkook in cleaning the plates.

"But all the members must be present and she has to get ready before the guest arrives. The guest will be here anytime soon!" She clapped once and pointed the stairs.

"Someone must call her...”

"Hajo, can you be a gentleman and call your older sister?“ she commanded Hajo, who was sitting on the couch, doing nothing but playing games on his phone. He glanced up and stared at the family and Jungkook who was grinning at him.

"But I don't wanna... I'm in the middle of battling some other clans.“ the 12 year old ignored his mother's request and continued staring at his phone. Luckily for him, his father was not listening or else he would have been forced by now.

"Jungkook honey, could you please call Aeri? And go change yourself in a little formal dress too?” Mrs. Jung said, Jungkook frowned and glared at Hajo who was smirking and sticking his tongue out while the parents are not looking at him. Jungkook clenched his teeth and just showed his fist to scare him, not as he expected the 12 year old just laughed it off.

Jungkook opened Aeri's room door, the door creaked loudly as the room was quiet. He walked softly towards Aeri who was resting her head on her study table. He chuckled softly, "Wow! You’re studying so hard just to get your position back." he said.

Aeri smelled a familiar scent near her and she knew who it was. But she can't open her eyes yet because she was too sleepy. Jungkook suddenly pulled the chair on where she is sitting. He laughed as he heard a loud thump came out from Aeri.

He looked down on the floor to look at Aeri who was still sleeping. Jungkook furrowed his brows; she was obviously faking her sleep. He squatted down and poked her on the face.

"Aeri-ah! Aeri-ah!"Jungkook called and pursed his lips."Come on you're being so stubborn wake up already.” he cupped his hands on Aeri's face and squashed her squishy face. A loud chuckle escaped from Jungkook's mouth as he stood up again.

"We're inviting the new neighbors here and Umma want you to dress up quickly!"Jungkook said and walked out from the door.

"Wait...What did he just said?"

 

"40% of 280 apples...?" Taehyung bit his pencil as he thought of the answer to the math problem; he looked down on the book and looked at the question again "40% of 280 apples?” He was distracted by the rain on the outside.

He decided to put his study desk in front of his window so he can enjoy the fresh air and beautiful view, but well for now the only view is the neighboring houses. He looked at the window of the neighbor house and saw a familiar face from the other side.

"Aeri-ah?"

He chuckled as he looked at Aeri who was drooling from her sleep. He took out his hand phone and taps the screen to take pictures of her. He giggled happily as he looked at his phone screen.

"Taehyung-ah? Taehyung honey? Are you in here?" His mother called and he immediately answered, "Here, Ma!" 

Mrs. Kim came inside the room, “I thought we talked about locking your room sometimes for more privacy.“ his mother smiled warmly. She came towards him and pecked Taehyung on his cheeks. Taehyung smiled as he looked at his perfect-looking mother.

He knew his mother looked like some woman who is in her 20's right now. He noticed his perfect mother from his perfect painted nails to her short wavy hair; he had always enjoyed looking at her.

"So what are you doing hmmmn?" she asked as she pointed the hand phone. Taehyung immediately blushed and put the phone on his pockets as fast as lightning.

"Just...studying…" he said softly. 

“Well, whatever you say“ his mother chuckled.

"Then, get ready cause about half an hour we're going to our neighbor’s house for dinner okay honey?"

 

"What did he really said?" Aeri blinked continuously in confusion. She was still lying on the floor. She balanced herself up with her arms and slowly she stretched herself and yawned. "Ya~ Jeon Jungkook what did you said just now?" She shouted and moved her feet slowly towards the other room beside her room while yawning.

Before she entered to the room, she could sense a boyish scent and as she looked around she saw the bed with full of clothes and some other things lying there.

"My old room how I miss you.“ she mumbled under her breath."You are under an evil boy now... poor you~"

She looked down on the floor and saw the shadow of a familiar person. She decided to go inside the room.
 
"Jeon Jungkook wha-"

Aeri stopped as she saw Jungkook... topless. Jungkook glanced at Aeri as he put his white blouse on; he smirked as he looked at Aeri who look down on the floor. "What?" He raised his brow while continuing his smirking.

Aeri finally looked Jungkook directly on the eye, “I was going to ask you about this... what did you said when you were inside my room?"

"Anyway why did you change here go to your closet or something!" she yelled.

“You’re the one who came here first without knocking so. Who’s to blame?"Jungkook raised his brow. He bent down and placed his forefinger in Aeri's forehead, "What? You have no reaction?”

"What reaction are you talking about Jeon Jungkook?" She asked back.

Jungkook gave out a smile as he put on his coat “You know you're lucky, many girls would have been squealing or at least blushing by now to see Jeon Jungkook y body then that's just your reaction? You just looked down psssh...” he said that made her scoffed.

"And why would I?" She stared at Jungkook, "It's not like you are a man to me... we're families. Would I blush if I saw Hajo's *****?! Cut that out!" She smirked back.

"Yah! What's that?! Why are you saying such a thing?!"Jungkook rounded his eyes in shock. 

"So what are you saying in my room?"Aeri inquired in an annoyed tone.

"I was just saying we have a guest for dinner, so Umma said to dress you a little bit formal... now go!" that was seconds before he pushed her out of the room.

Aeri went through her closet too; it’s been days since she dresses in a normal cloth. Well, she only dresses in a casual cloth or should I say her nightdresses.

But every time she tries to dress herself, only one outfit catches her eyes so choosing out of the many wasn't the problem. She chose an innocent white floral dress with brown flats and let her hair down normally in that wavy state. No makeups for her just lip balms and creams. It was enough for her.

 

"It was really nice meeting you... I'm glad." Mrs. Kim smiled cheekily and glanced around all of the members eating on the table. "I'm glad we're your first friends too." Aeri's mother chuckled and they chuckled back.

The dinner was like that, while both of the parents were busy chit-chatting, Aeri looked at Taehyung, who surprisingly looked handsome and cool on the tuxedo he was wearing, but his weirdness can't be forgiven. He was maybe bored as he shooted the peas with his fork, little did Aeri know that Hajo and Jungkook looked at him too, amused by his actions.

"Thank you for the meal!" The Kim family bowed at the Jung family and headed back to their place.

Aeri huffed in frustration as her parents told her to clean the dishes. Jungkook as a good boy volunteered to help her clean the dishes too.

It was quiet when they both stood in front of the dishwasher. Both of them just glanced each other from time to time and stood quietly. The height differences was not much between them as Aeri was kind of a tall girl, but she still was small compared to Jungkook.

"So you help me just so you could be the favorite one huh?" Aeri looked up at Jungkook, who was furrowing his brows.

"No I'm just a very goooood guy that's all." Jungkook grinned at Aeri.

"And super fake too." Aeri mumbled as she whipped the plate angrily causing some water to splash on his face.

Jungkook winced and cleaned his face with a towel, "Oh! You did that on purpose, didn't you?” Jungkook then sprayed water on Aeri's face too.

"Are you kidding me Jeon Jungkook?" Aeri glared.

"Oops that was an accident but a part of it was on purpose." Jungkook said with a sassy vibe and stuck out his tongue.

Aeri attacked furiously with mug full of water and Jungkook replied back too. Both of them attacked each other out of furiousness.

"So both of them usually do this?" Taehyung asked Hajo who was busy holding a video camera.

Hajo nodded, "Mmhmm always... They can't seem to like each other at all."

"Whoa!

 

"The bell rung guys it’s time for P.E. Everyone go to the basketball court after you change your clothes okay?"

"Yes, ssaem!"

"Hey! What do you usually do at P.E?!" Taehyung asked Jimin excitedly.

"P.E... On P.E boys usually play basketball. It’s where our maknae Jungkookie here rules. Jungkook is the best!"Jimin replied and basically turned into a cheer girl.
 
Wow! So much response!

"Nooooo! That's it I'm done." Aeri sighed and swung her leg. 

"What. you forgot your sneakers again?! This forgetful girl...” Catherine tsked and looked at Aeri. "Sir will definitely punish you.“ she added and both of them walked out from the locker room.

As they saw Jungkook and his friends coming to walk pass them, Catherine immediately fixed herself up. Aeri scoffed at her actions. Usually even if you really know them you would just walk pass them at school but since Taehyung's there too... it’s kind of hard.

"Annyeonghaeseyo, Aeri nice to meet you again!" Taehyung bowed.

Catherine nudged Aeri, "Omo! Is this the cute guy? Pwease set me up on a date with him!" She whispered.

"Hi!" Catherine awkwardly waved.

"Are you girls going to the court too? You can come with us.“ the boys welcomed them both and they happily to join them, but not Jungkook. He just simply scoffed and looked on the other side, clenching his teeth while Aeri glared at him.

"Not with the girl who made me all wet." Jungkook mumbled.

"Yah! You are the one who made me wet last night." Aeri yelled.

"Guys what are you talk-"

“Every word that you said last night made me boil up, gosh I really hate you."

"Do you think that your body satisfied me? I even hate the way you act when you are shirtless."

"Guys... what are you saying?" All of the guys blushed and looked at Jungkook and Aeri. They realized they are arguing too much so they got back to their silent treatment method, glaring at each other.

"So you are going to come?" Namjoon asked

“Well we are going to the restroom..." Aeri said. Catherine looked at her with a sparkle on her eyes and shook her head.

Aeri sighed,"...yeah we'll come..."

Catherine clapped excitedly and pulled Taehyung on his arms, “Do tell me about your name, the place where you previously live?” Aeri just laughed at Catherine shameless actions.

The students arrived at the basketball court. They could smell the new sport shoe or even paint and could hear the shoes screeching and all. The boys are already dressed up in their jersey as well as girls who wore their sport uniform. The place was loud as there were no teachers yet.

The friends got excited and ran to the court alongside the other boys. Jungkook stopped just as he took a step when he tried to join his friends. He looked back at Aeri and her shoes. Why was she still in that?

"Where are your sport shoes?" Jungkook muttered and Aeri quickly glanced down her shoe. "Oh... I forgot to bring it... again." Aeri giggled nervously, "by the way, do you have any other shoes that I can borrow?" she added.

Jungkook coldly looked back again and smirked, “It’s your fault, just go and suffer by yourself." 

Aeri scoffed at his actions, "I was just being nice... who do he think he is?" She muttered.

"Nah! In no time sir will come and definitely punish those who didn't bring their sportswear." Aeri whined.

"Did you say shoes?" Taehyung peeked from the back, Catherine and Aeri flinched in surprise.

"Yah! What are you doing there again?" Aeri blinked twice, “I thought you were with your gang just now." They both turned to Taehyung's side.

Catherine smiled, "Yeah... we really need sport shoes because this little forgetful girl forgot her shoes…" she said in a sarcastic tone while Aeri just smiled.

Taehyung kneeled down and stared at Aeri's current shoes,"I think you could just fit this.“ he muttered and just took off his shoe. Aeri narrowed her brows in confusion of what he was doing.

Taehyung suddenly grabbed her leg and Aeri cringed. "Yah! Boya? What are you doing?" she yelled. "All of them are looking at us".

"I'm just trying to-" Taehyung smiled but got cut off by her. "Release my leg!!" she yelled as she stared at Taehyung, who was still grabbing her leg.

"You see I'm just going to-"

"I said take your hands off me!" Aeri shouted and accidentally kicked Taehyung right in the face. Catherine gasped and immediately walked close.

"Omo! I'm so sorry!” Aeri immediately squatted down to see if Taehyung got hurt. "I'm really sorry!"

Aeri don't even know what else to do and just stared at Taehyung who was on the floor like a mat, their face were only inches far.

Taehyung sat up and rubbed his forehead, “I’m okay! It’s no problem". Aeri felt relieved when he showed that boxy smile again. "I was just going to let you put this on...” he smiled as he held his shoe on the lace with his hands.

Aeri sighed in frustration, “But you-"

"I know. It was my fault because I did that!" Taehyung exclaimed and kneeled down. Properly again and let her put the shoes on. He tied it happily too. Aeri looked down and blushed, while one of the girls actually took picture of them!

Jungkook chuckled happily when he slammed the ball on the loop hole as a squad of girls cheered for him.

"Come on! You should totally buy at least a can of soda for him!" Catherine yelled.

"Why would I?" Aeri rolled her eyes and looked at Jungkook who was winking at the girls. 

"He got that redness on his forehead thanks to you and you escaped sir's punishment thanks to him.“ Catherine pointed Taehyung who was sitting on the bench.

Taehyung's forehead turned red because of the kick.

"Here." she gave Aeri a can of soda and pushed her towards Taehyung.

Taehyung looked up and saw Aeri standing on the corner. He chuckled at her cute act when she just took out a can of soda.

"Is that for me?" His eyes sparkled and Aeri quickly glared at him.

"Of course! Can't you realize I was just giving you this..." Aeri lowered her voice little by little as she sensed Catherine glaring at her.

"Thanks!" Taehyung smiled and just as he was trying to grab the drink, someone punched him lightly on the shoulder.

It was Jungkook, all sweating from the basketball game he just played. "Are you not a man? Come play with us too. Let’s see what you got." Jungkook said slightly smirking. He was going to test his skills.

"I've never played Basketball since I stopped at Middle School." Taehyung rubbed his neck shyly, "I don't know..." he added. 

Jungkook pulled him up, “Let’s see if you can score and I will be the defender.“ he challenged.

"Jeon Jungkook, what are you planning?" Aeri glared at Jungkook, who was smirking.

"Nah! I'm good sitting here! Beside I don't actually have the shoes." Taehyung wriggled his feet.

"What a lame excuse…" cried Jungkook, "Jung Aeri give the shoes to him.“ he commanded. Aeri rolled her eyes, took off the shoes and gave it to Taehyung.

Taehyung hurriedly put on his shoes and stood up.

"Jungkook is the best at basketball. No one could beat him... ever!" Jimin clapped once excitedly, the big fan boy of Jungkook.

"Ya... shut up you~" J-Hope smacked Jimin on the head jokingly.

Taehyung bounced the basketball lightly. "Ssss...I don't know..."

Before Jungkook can even move, Taehyung shot the ball inside the loophole. All of the audience gasped and some of them ooed.

"Is he really that good?" Aeri thought and watched the match too. 

"Hey! Because it’s your first I went easy on you." Jungkook laughed, "but I will snatch it from you now."

Just as Jungkook tried to snatch the ball and attacked. On the right, Taehyung quickly flinched and escaped from the left side and shot the ball in again. The entire crowd cheered again, that was his second ball.

"This is getting pretty fun.“ he smiled innocently and lightly bounced the ball again and again. Then as time passed Taehyung scored 14...15...16...17 balls.

"You said you are not good!"Jungkook panted and rested his hands on his knees.

"Turns out I'm pretty good...."Taehyung murmured.

"Hey, does that mean I'm lying?"


CHAPTER 3 

"Don't make me hate you when I want to like you."

The next day, it was the same old routine for Jung Aeri--waking up from bed, taking a bath, brushing teeth. After that she opened her wardrobe revealing her uniform. She separated the clothes from the hanger and let them lie on her white pinkish bed. She huffed, pulled her hair to loosen up. Water was still dripping on the floor as her hair was still wet.
    
She rested her hands on her hip as she thought, that jerk Jungkook won’t wake up if she didn’t wake him up. A soft sigh escaped from her lips. She swung her hands to tie her violet bathrobe properly in a knot. Then, she walked out. But one thing was different unlike all the other days, Jungkook was not asleep. Instead, he went out for jogging as Aeri assumed since she saw the bed was full of mess with jogging pants, t-shirts and all.

'That queer. He never once went out for exercise.' Aeri thought as she shrugged by herself. She headed back and put her uniform one by one, from the blouse, the skirt, the bow, to her stockings. After putting on her white sneakers she smiled in victory, she was all ready now.

7:12. The time when Aeri usually eat her breakfast. As usual she sat on the chair of the table and waited for her mother to toss a pancake on her plate. She moved her fingers one after another as she made a rhythm with that. Her mom gave out a big grin like she always does.

“Now tell me.” her mother spoke causing Aeri to look at her. She talked with her brows, hinting ‘What’s up?’ 

“Do you think the new neighbor is quite attractive now?” she asked teasingly, Aeri basically choked on her own saliva. 

“Mom!” she yelled, just at the right time Aeri felt a warm aroma over her shoulders, at her back. A panting sound could be heard and she knew who exactly that was. She turned back to see Jungkook who was covered in sweat.

“Why are you jogging? It’s not like you at all.” she said as she shoved a spoonful of pancake on . Jungkook took a glance at her and took it back to look at the wall. 

“You don’t have to know.” he simply answered.

'Oh I know it’s because you lost that basketball game and take this to shake off your anger.'

Even though it was not even a year, Aeri knows him, she knows Jungkook. It was not very surprising as he is her brother and his room was just next to hers. Jungkook used to shake his anger through what he thinks he lacked of, he will take an intense exercise or study hardly. Yeah, you could say she knew him very well. This was the trait that Aeri admires and would like to steal this from Jungkook, his determination is no joke.

Aeri went back to the actual world when Jungkook took a seat beside her; she cleared and stared at him. “You made me lose my appetite.” she said rudely while smirking, referring to the sweat smell which came out from Jungkook.
  
He looked hurt at first but a small chuckle came out. “I know you wanna hug me right now.” he joked and smiled at Aeri. She furrowed her brows at his strange response and then Jungkook opened his arms out wide and tried to hug her so as to annoy her.

“No! Don’t you dare come near me Jeon Jungkook.” her eyes widened as he hugged her, Mrs. Jung bursted out in laughter as she looked at the two cousins in amusement.

“Owh… Now I have to take a bath again!” cried Aeri in a whiny tone as she rubbed herself with a towel like she is avoiding a plague, a really smelly plague. Jungkook responded he stuck out his tongue as he cupped his hands on his face before he stepped out to take a bath, finally.

Jungkook and Aeri walked out of the Jungs' house, the frown on their face indicated that they don’t look happy at all. They were forced to go to school together by Mrs. Jung. Aeri let out a heavy sigh meanwhile Jungkook closed their gate.

“We really need to get further somehow…” they both said, at the same time and the same place. They looked at each other utterly shocked but then a smile came on their face. It was true, everyday they were mistaken as couples even though they were cousins. It was annoying for them, but others don’t have the same feelings, no.

Jungkook stared at Aeri in a weird expression as they walked. Aeri has a habit of messing with her shoe by hitting them on the ground; it was a fun thing to do so as she thought. Jungkook giggled at her habit, it made him remember the first time she saw her.

She looked cold, he thought at first but it turns out she was the one who you can mess with. Her arrogant yet kind personality specialized her, her funny and unique way of thinking was actually cool. But still she is the rival in studies for Jungkook. “Look, don’t do that anymore, it makes your shoes dirty and eventually it would get worn out soon.” Jungkook scolded Aeri, before she could say anything he squatted down and tied her shoes to a bow, it was only she then realize it was untied.

“You are such a careless person Jung Aeri.” Jungkook teased as he stood up. He stretched himself and continued walking, followed by Aeri.

They both slightly jumped back as a boy landed on the ground of the sidewalk. It was Taehyung, jumping down from their wall again. Taehyung curved his lips and formed a sweet smile. “Hi Aeri, Hi Jungkook!” he greeted and hopped like a bunny on Aeri’s left side, Jungkook was on her right side. Jungkook folded his arms; he just shut his mouth up. It made her confused… Why does he look mad? Maybe because Taehyung won over him yesterday at school.

“Hi Taehyung!” she greeted back too; a soft chuckle came out from him as he rubbed the back of his neck. He took put some books from his bags as he swung his leather bag on his front. Jungkook and Aeri both stared at him as he took out his notebooks.

“I actually got so much homework to catch up with and mom said I have to copy someone’s so I think maybe you could help me Aeri-ah.” he states but that is like a question. Jungkook scoffed they actually seemed so close, he even called him with an ‘-ah’.

“Let’s talk about it later. We’re late.” Jungkook rolled his eyes and pulled Aeri on her grip as he walked fast. Taehyung abruptly put his book back, slung his bag on his shoulders and came walking with them too. Aeri wished there was Catherine with her. Walking between two boys?

For Aeri, today was not a good day. She received what she hated: most-everyone’s attention. Walking with the two boys was not the best choice for her; well… it’s not really her choice. Every girl’s eyes were on her, some were smiling widely. No, they were not glaring. Jungkook and Taehyung went with Hoseok, Jin and Jimin as they saw them arrived to the hallway and finally Aeri met Catherine on the way of the class.

She smiled as she looked at her friend, wide and big doe-like eyes, small curvy pinkish… she was indeed Catherine. She was a friendly and a gossip person, on every condition even if she was absent just a day before she would always hear the big and latest news, this time she heard the latest news yet again.

“Oh my gosh! Do you know that there is a new teacher?!” she questioned and Aeri shook her head. They entered their class and the two friends both sat on Aeri’s seat. Unfortunately Catherine and her were not in the same class, they wished though.

“So… what about it?” Aeri raised her brow and looked at Catherine who was resting her head on the desk as she puffed her cheeks. “She looked young and rumor has it that she is just 18 and by the way she is so pretty.” she said in an excited tone, “I wish I could see her now but they said she will join in next week.”

“Whoa, She's so young! How can she be qualified as a teacher!” Aeri eyes widened; shocked, it has been years since they have a new teacher it was not a surprise that the gossip went ruckus fast. She can’t help but to chuckle for her friend always knows first.

The annoying thing about this day is that she was asked about Taehyung every damn time! But it was not a new thing for her anyway. After all, Jungkook came in only about the last month.

“Can you give this to Jungkook/Taehyung?”

“What is your relation with Jungkook/Taehyung?"

“Are you dating?”

They would question (and Catherine would say that they are only hers). If only they talk to her because they are interested in her!

 

12:05. The lunch hall was a crowded place; everyone ate their meals and took a seat. Aeri however don’t like crowded places so just like every noon, she ate below a tree outside accompanied by Catherine. It’s her favorite place; it was a place that no one will bother her and ask, about neither Jungkook nor the new neighbor Taehyung. On the other hand, it’s where she met her first friend in Seoul, Catherine. It’s their favorite place to hang out together and it is pretty fun for them. It reminded them about their friendship. Besides, Aeri got to leave the annoying girls.

“Let’s talk about Taehyung!” Catherine exclaimed as she bit a chunk of bread and chewed it on . Aeri giggled and looked at her reflection on her Tiffin box.

"You gave up on Jungkook?” she stuck out her tongue at her friend.

“You could fall for two.” Catherine joked and looked at Aeri as they both laughed.

“He is-“

“Excuse me do you know where’s the staffs room?” they were cut off by someone, the voice was sweet and angelic and it was certainly a female voice. They both shot their head up at the same time and saw a nice-looking tall girl who was about 5’6; they stared at her from head to toe in awe. Her hair was a mixture of red and black, her white pale glows skin was complimented by her white blouse with her mini-skirt.

The two of them pointed out the direction with their index finger; the girl bowed politely and thanked them as she hurriedly ran towards the building with her red glossy heels.

“What a beauty.” they trailed her until she disappeared,”Maybe she is the new teacher they are talking about.”

The friends chewed their food slower and looked at each other. “Where had I seen her before?” thought Aeri.

 

DING DONG! DING DONG!

The doorbell rung. Mrs. Jung walked towards the door with a knife on her hand; she was slicing up some vegetables. She opened the door revealing a handsome tall young man stood in front of her, he has a brownish blond hair and he was almost 6 foot tall. She smiled…

“Come in Taehyung.”

She told him to settle down on the sofa with her gestures. Taehyung glanced around the house. It was beautiful and it was all Mrs. Jung hard work. “What can I do for you?” she asked and she brought some lemonade for him.

“I came here for Aeri.” Taehyung smiled as he took a sip on the lemonade.

 

“Come on! Jeon Jungkook I really need to take a shower!” Aeri yelled in a whiny tone and banged on the bathroom door. The house has only two freaking bathrooms- one on the kitchen and another on Jungkook’s room, this bathroom.

“Used to be my room...” she mumbled as she made her hands into a fist. She banged on the door hardly again and shouted at him.

“Jeon Jungkook come out before I-“ Aeri stoped abruptly as Jungkook suddenly opened the door. He only put out his upper body and stared at Aeri. She gazed at him, there was an ear phone plugged on his ears and he was not wet at all!

“What? I was just exercising…”Jungkook smirked.

“Why are you-“ Aeri exhaled angrily, Jungkook winked at her before he slammed the door shut again.

“Jeon Jungkook! Why do you need to use the bathroom for exercising?!”

Aeri huffed; she knew he was just messing with her. She stomped loudly towards Jungkook’s bed and sat down folding her arms and a frown could be seen on her face. “I’m so tired of this .” she complained and punched the pillow beside her thinking it was soft.

“OW!” she groaned and glared at the pillow. It was not at all soft, it was hard.

“Every one of your things is just like you.” she mumbled and stared at the pillow. There was something inside it she presumed as the middle part was shadowed. She grabbed the pillow and placed it on her lap, there was a zipper on the corner and she ped it revealing a small dairy.

‘Kookie’s Dairy’ It said.

She opened the first page and it was blank, she turned to the second page and there was a photo in it- a girl photo with Jungkook. To her shock it was that girl from the school, the tall girl that asked where the staff room is.

The girl looked mature, if the rumors are true she is 3 years older than Jungkook. Why are they taking a photo together?

“Who is she?” Aeri thought there was something written on the photo with a marker.

‘ILY Song Na-ul’

Aeri furrowed her brows up-close as they almost join. Just as she was turning the page someone snatched the dairy from her. That someone was Jeon Jungkook.

“Hey give it back!” she said as she stood tip toed to take the dairy from him who was raising his arms up.

“Excuse me but it’s mine.” Jungkook fake smiled and giggled at Aeri who was jumping to take it.

“This is mine don’t ever read it.” he warned and took it away. Aeri scoffed at him and walked towards the bathroom.

“Fine I don’t care Jeon Jungkook.”

 

“Jung Aeri!” Mrs. Jung shouted and apologized to Taehyung,” I’m sorry she’s quite slow at times, just go upstairs."

Taehyung bowed in response and walked up the stairs.

“What were you looking at anyway?”

“What were you looking at anyway?”

He froze as he heard a familiar voice, it was Jungkook’s voice he knew it. He walked more slowly and peeked on the door of the first room. He could see Aeri and Jungkook: Aeri wore a tee with a pajama like pants and slippers Jungkook wore a plain tee with boxers and slippers. 

“I didn’t see anything!” Aeri protested and looked away. By the look on her face you could know that she’s lying.

As by far Taehyung saw, it was definitely a boy room and they were talking to each other right in front of the medium sized bed with a royal cover on it. “Bull, you’re lying.” Jungkook said as he looked at her directly on the eye, Aeri looked down to avoid eye contact.

“Is she your girlfriend?” she asked finally looking up to him, Jungkook's eyes were as big as the owl's at the moment.

“Yo-you read that?” Jungkook turned into a real-life tomato when she nodded; she asked again who that girl is. Taehyung watched the two in amusement; they really looked like a couple who was fighting. Jungkook pinned Aeri down on the bed a hint of redness could still be seen on his pale cheeks.

“What exactly and why did you read that? I told you many times to NOT touch my private things. Respect my privacy will you?” Jungkook furiously glared at Aeri who is below him. He winced as her lips curved into a smirk.

“Just gonna let you-“

Both of them turned towards Taehyung as they heard a thump sound, the flower stand on which he leaned gave up on him and finally collapsed. He bowed and apologized to them as he cursed under his breath.

Why does he have to be so unlucky at that moment?

“Oh you came…” Aeri smiled and escaped from her cousin’s trap. Repeat, she smiled. Jungkook let out a deep sigh as he stared at Aeri jogging towards Taehyung.

 

“That’s all!” Aeri exclaimed in a joyous tone, Taehyung gulped as he looked at the many books sitting in front of him.

“That’s all?”

“Ummm…That’s all.”

It was like Taehyung’s spirit went away from him as his mouth dropped. There were like 10 notebooks waiting for him to copy up, and Aeri said 'that’s all'? Taehyung huffed in annoyance he took out his pen from his bag and he wrote as fast a lightning to finish it up before sunset.
Maybe entering a new school in the middle of the year is tough.

Taehyung felt more comfortable when Aeri’s parents were not there. Mrs. Jung went out to buy some groceries, her little brother went out for tuition and they don’t know where the hell Jungkook is. Aeri was there… asleep on a chair at the opposite side of where he was sitting. Taehyung giggled at her expression when she sleeps “She looks dumb.” he thought, compared to the reality and took out his phone and snap a picture of her.

“What are you doing?” Taehyung cringed as her eyes flashed open, “Have you finished it yet?”
Taehyung responded with a nod. Finally he's finished.

“Please somebody help me!” a woman screamed from outside. Both jolted up in terror and walked out of the door. They saw a woman who was about her 40’s standing in front of a tree between their houses. She wore thick clothes and heavy jewels and a hat. Probably she is not like some common women.

“My kitten got stuck there."

They both exhaled in relief; there was a grey cat sitting on the branch of the tree. The cat did not look like he was stuck more like it was avoiding the woman.

Taehyung smiled, “I will get it for you.”

He walked towards the tree and lifted his right foot to climb on the tree. He climbed branch by branch to reach the cat.

The cat simply meowed.

“Be careful! Juliette is such an arrogant girl if someone approaches her." It seems the woman named the cat Julliete.

“Here kitty… here Juliette.” Taehyung cooed.

But instead of hissing and all, the cat approached him at once. Never in her life had Aeri found a cat approaching to a stranger that fast.

“Here you go!” Taehyung handed the cat to the woman.

“Such a handsome-looking gentleman~” the woman smiled to Taehyung as she rubbed the cat with her palm gently. She then moved her eyes towards Aeri.

“You have such a good boyfriend here, you’re so lucky.” she said and they both waved their hands protesting.

“No! No! We are not a couple!”

“Then I would date this gentleman.” the woman concluded and hummed as she moved away leaving the two.

Aeri rolled her eyes at Taehyung.

Maybe he is a good guy after all


DISCLAIMER: This is for proofreading purposes only. 


Thank you for submitting your story to my shop! Tell me your thoughts about the review in the comments!