✌PROOFREAD - What happens to child prodigies when they grow up? (By Kookie025)

✔✔TRAVERSE SHOP - REVIEW & PROOFREAD✔✔
 
proofread
Date Requested:
May 24, 2016 22:15:10 Date Finished:
May 25, 2016 00:06:54
What happens to child prodigies when they grow up?

Author: Kookie025

Genre(s): Angst, Drama

Story Status: Ongoing

No. Of Chapters: 6

NOTE TO AUTHOR: Completed!

Green texts mean corrections.

Red texts must be deleted.

WARNING: If you are not the author the story and you want to read it, a link is given above. Do not read the story here.

 
CHAPTER 1
 

Jeon Jungkook was a child prodigy. At least that's what his parents truly believe. But they don't know a mind of a 7-year-old Jungkook about wanting to play, have friends, and invent things. 

 

Since all they did was lock him in the small corner of his room, open a textbook, hire a tutor, make him read a thousand pile of books and punish the said boy if he wasn't able to recite properly the context of his book.

 

At such a young age, he wasn't allowed to watch uneducational TV shows, he wasn't allowed to gasp social media, he wasn't allowed to play the violin unless the score he's playing is made by a famous musician, or He wasn't allowed to listen to any music that wasn't approved by his parents.

He grew up holding a book, pen, and notes. And Because he is young boy who grew up locked in his room for the most of the time, his physique was thin, and his skin was pale as a porcelain, his lips were fluffy pinkish, and his hair was silky black.

 

But he never stopped dreaming what outside of his house would feel like. How much he dreamed to meet a friend who would introduce him to the world with new experiences he never got to grasp.

 

Oh, how he longed to have a friend who could always stay with him and hear him out. Since the people in his house always shut him out so he never got the chance to say his opinions, beliefs, and dreams.

 

He got a full education from his tutors. and When he stepped to elementary. Many of the lessons there were already tackled by his home tutors so he was made to step into an advance class where alot of older children hated his reputation. No one dared to talk to the boy and nobody wanted to be friends with him. He finished elementary school with no one to celebrate his countless awards and medals, since his parents didn't attend his graduation. So he went home and rush to find his parents reason out that he's going to be a big brother.

 

He thought it's a wonderful gift given by God to him and his family. But things changed, when it turns out they were expecting twins.

When the twins were born and growing up, Jungkook never longed so much affection and love from his parents. Sad to say that he's starting to feel jealous over the fact that he never saw his parents this caring before.

He started to wonder if ever he was adopted, and he was battling his mind to love the twins since they did nothing wrong. But he was wrong.

When he got to the final year in high school and the twins were already in elementary, he wondered why his parents never forced his brothers to study this and that, never forced to play instruments, never did they punish the kids even when they got a terribly low score, unlike Jungkook who fought blood and tears to maintain his high grades. He started to hate both of his parents and his brothers.

He hates his family for making him depressed every time they leave him in the house while they go out to play in the park or to visit and eat in new restaurants. They made him feel like a robot, whose presence is neglected and he utterly felt useless.

He then made a request to his distant aunt living in Seoul that he wants to study in college in there so he'll finally be able to leave this damned house. To his luck, his aunt went and talked to his parents and convinced the heck out of them to let Jungkook study in the city. It took them almost 7 months before they gave their approval so now Jungkook was elated he'll be able to break the chains tied to him. He believes he can start anew in the said city together with his aunt.

 

And so his story begins. 

 


CHAPTER 2

Jungkook signed to take the college's top exam to enter a special class.

He quickly answered his questionnaire and left the school to meet with his aunt Chae.

"So how's the exam? Did you nail it? Of course you did, you’re my beloved nephew! What do you want to eat?!"

Jungkook was surprised by the cheerfulness of his aunt. He wasn't used to her act of showing affection just yet so he was speechless at the moment.

"............."

"Say..."

"..Y-y-yes mam…?"

"Oh don't call me mam! Call me auntie! Or aunt Chae instead!"

Her aunt smiled lovingly at him as she patted the young boy's head. Jungkook didn't notice a tear escaping his eyes at that moment. He wasn't used to feel loved at all so this was all new to him. Was he really a crybaby? Why won't his tears stop falling? Why can't he stop crying?

Chae noticed the boy was sobbing silently in his seat, she then hugged Jungkook tightly as she made circles on his back.

"Shhh... it'll be okay... you won't feel alone anymore... I’m here..." Chae assured the crying boy. It was all Jungkook ever needed. He was so emotional at the moment and was even more when his aunt hugged him like his physical and emotional support. Now he knows he won't be alone anymore, his aunt is with him now and he's ever so thankful for her presence.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

(The next day)

Jungkook was shocked to find his name on the list of those who passed the top examinations for the special class.

It was ranked. And what shocked Jungkook the most was his rank, he was ranked 7 in the students who are allowed in the said class. He looked above to find the names who beat his score in the qualifying exams.

1st was got by a Kim Namjoon

2nd was Min Suga

3rd was Park Jimin

4th was Kim Seokjin

5th was Jung Hoseok

6th was Kim Taehyung

 

He unknowingly smiled at the sight of the names above his name. He wanted to meet his new classmates and show who's the boss. It gave his heart an adventure he never felt before.

 

 

"...Who knew coming to Seoul was a great idea.." he silently mumbled.

 

"Yeah, that's right. Glad you like it." Someone suddenly replied.

 

He turned to look at the boy with a smile plastered on his face. He looked at him confusingly and stared at him for a second before the boy spoke again,

 

"Ohhhhh~~ sorry my bad. I'm kinda lost in the campus. Can you help me find my friends?" The boy ever so cutely asked as he bowed 90 degrees to show how desperate he is.

 

 

 

"..........."

 

 

 

"............"

 

 

 

"...Please say something, I’m slowly getting embarrassed now...."

 

They didn't notice that people are slowly looking at their way now. Jungkook felt all the gazes of the students are in them and surely the other boy felt it too.

 

 

"...S-sure...but let's leave this place first."

The other boy held his head up high as his eyes form into crescents as he smiled,

"Thank you so much, umm--"

 

 

"Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook."

The other boy stared at him for a minute.

 

 

"W-W-What?"

Then he slowly smiled again,

 

 

"Nothing. Don't mind me."

 

Jungkook thought the boy was weird and extremely rude as just he asked for his name but never gave his own. But he will never have the guts to ask him though.

 

So he didn't.


CHAPTER 3

So he's Jeon Jungkook. The 7th placer who got the spot for the special class.

 

 

 

 

 

He's sooooo adorable~~~

 

 

 

 

 

I kinda lied and told the poor child that I’m lost. LOL. Don't judge me though, he's so cute that I want to keep him in my pocket.

 

 

 

They walked first to a nearby bench and sat oppositely.

 

 

 

Jimin was staring adoringly at the awkward boy,

 

 

"So, why don't you call your friends first?"

 

 

Crap.

 

 

 

I didn't think about that!

 

 

 

Holy sh*t.

 

 

Jimin think of something!!

 

 

Just anything so you will have a reason to stay!!!

 

 

 

 

Jimin cleared his throat and looked away,

 

"W-Well, I kinda forgot my phone."

 

 

 

And at that moment someone's phone rang.

 

 

 

"Oh yeah? I think you need to pick that up."

 

 

The boy suggested as he pointed to where the sound is coming from.

 

 

 

 

 

Oh .

 

 

 

 

 

"O-Okay... wait for a sec..." Jimin quickly made his exit as he covered his face because he's sure he is blushing because of embarrassment right now.

 

 

 

 

"WHAT?!! YOU LITTLE F!! I'LL SHAVE YOUR HEAD AFTER YOU SLEEP TAE?!!!"

 

 

"WHAAAAT?? WTF Why are you yelling??!! I'm just worried sick because you disappeared on us!!"

 

 

 

 

"Oohhh sorry!!! I'm at the bench near the entrance btw. I'll go there, where are you guys?"

 

 

 

"We're at the cafe at down the street. Hurry up!!! Namjoon will finally ask Seokjin for a date!!!"

 

 

&nbs
p;

"Oh !!! I can't miss this event!! Wait for me!!"

 

 

"C’mon hurry~~ Minnie."

 

 

"Yeah yeah yeah~ bye Tae. Call you later."

 

And he hung up.

 

 

 

He looked around the bench to see no Jungkook, so he looked for him around.

 

He noticed a piece of paper lying on the table, more like a crumpled piece of paper so he delicately opened it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hope you return safely. I need to go now so I’ll go first. Call your friends or something.

 

 

 

See you around though I guess we won't ever meet again.

 

 

 

P.S. Don't lie again. - Jeon

 

 

 

 

 

Jimin blushed at how cute Jungkook was being.

 

 

Who knows, a single piece of letter without any intention to make him blush made him fall instantly in love with the boy.

 

 

 

Oh for God knows how much he is starting to have some kind of crush at the bunny smiled boy.

 

 

 

"We'll meet again in class Jungkookie~~ hope to see you soon, " he jumped around like a love-struck fool as he made his way towards the street.

 
CHAPTER 4

It's finally the day he most awaited.

The start of the class, and he's so excited he actually didn't get any sleep last night.

 

"I'm going now, auntie"

 

"Bring this with you so you won't get hungry. Good luck Jungkook, fighting!!!"

He grabbed the lunchbox and made his way towards the exit. He smiled and waved at her first before he exited the house.

 

Now he lives together with his aunt Chae, and slowly he started to look after her. He learned that Chae was 5 years divorced and she adopted a child due to the fact that she can never have a baby. But things get rough when the parents of the said boy wanted to get the child back, she told me that they were awfully rich too. So, unfortunately they won the lawsuit and took away the beloved child of aunt Chae.

 

I never got a chance to meet the child, I only saw his pictures in the hallway. I wish they could meet again.

 

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

 

As he was rushing, he bumped into a group of what seemed delinquent students at the entrance.

 

"Hey!! Watch where you're going kid!!" Think you're so tough huh?"

"Haven't heard of us before? Let's teach this kid some lesson."

 

 

"I-I'm s-sorry..."

 

 

They were startled by a low grumpy voice.

 

"ing heads, move out of the ing way."

 

They turned to look at a boy whose hair was dyed ash gray wearing a bored expression.

 

 

"M-move guys!! It's Suga!! You don't want to get yourselves beaten a-again." The punk then quickly turn to run away.

 

Jungkook stared at the whole scene that is unfolded in front of him his eyes. He didn't notice that the gray-haired is already gone, he thought that maybe that guy named Suga is a gang leader or something. He made up his mind that he's a dead meat if he run down again to meet him.

He never thought it was an act to save him though, since the bored expression plastered on the other's face explained that much.

 

 

He looked at the piece paper where his room is located and made his way.

He hastily entered the said room located at the far-most center that is surrounded by gardens, trees, and a fountain. He was shocked to see what is inside of the said room. It was empty at the moment, and no students can be seen. The 5 chairs are arranged each row, and seemed that the seat is designated by a number in which Jungkook thought to be the ranking system. It was too wide of a room for 10 students. He sat in the back row since his rank is 7, and patiently waited for all of his classmates to arrive. He was kinda getting bored when someone loudly opened the door. He was startled and dismayed to see the boy called Suga again in the said room.

 

What is he doing here? Did he enter the wrong classroom or what? He thought to himself.

 

 

The boy looked at him for the moment and said,

 

"Number 7 Jeon Jungkook, I see. Congrats in passing the exams."

 

Oh. What?

 

"Excuse me sir?"

 

 

 

"Yoongi. Min Yoongi."

 

Oh. Oh..... OH?!!!! If I remember correctly he's the rank 2 guy!! I'm ashamed of judging him earlier. Jungkook mentally slapped himself.

 

Yoongi made his way towards the wide-eyed boy and said,

 

"You know… you are wasting your time here. No one's coming. It's gonna be self study, brat. This room is the examination room, we don't study here. They are all in the auditorium watching some movies. Wanna come?"

 

Jungkook could just blankly nod as he tries to take in all of the things he said.

 

 

So it means we won't have any professor to teach us or something?! Why the heck are they watching movies for? Don't they study? I guess I have to go and check it out for myself.

 

The resolution that Jungkook promised himself on never befriending anyone here in the campus disappeared in a blink of an eye.

 

 

 

He made his way out of the room and quietly followed Yoongi towards the others.


CHAPTER 5

"OMG!!! JUNGKOOK WE MEET AGAIN!!" Jimin yelled as he ran to hug Jungkook out of the blue.

Yoongi entered quietly as he made his way towards the 5 boys sitting leisurely while watching some scary movie. 

"What? What are you doing here?" Asked Jungkook as Jimin successfully hugged the taller one.

"Who is that Minnie? Is that Kookie?" The boy with the boxy grin asked.

"Kookie...?" Jungkook asked as he looked to the man hugging him like a koala. He wasn't used to physical contact yet so hugging was out of the question.

"I've been telling them about you since we met, Kookie!! C’mon I’ll introduce you to the guys." Jimin elatedly declared as he grabbed Jungkook and forced him to go towards the other 5 people.

Jungkook awkwardly smiled as he tried to start a conversation.

"You really are baby faced!! Jimin won’t stop talking about you. I'm Kim Namjoon by the way. Glad you passed, let's hang out more." Namjoon said as he laid his hand to handshake the boy.

Kim Namjoon... Kim Namjoon?! He's the rank 1 guy!! Jungkook thought to himself as he reached to handshake the fellow.

Then someone touched his cheeks that made him startled.

"Your soooo squishy~~I'm your Hope. I'm Jung Hoseok, call me Hopie or J-Hope."

The rank 5 guy....

"Go away Hopie!! Let me pet his head first!! I'm Kim Taehyung, nice to meet ya. Can I give you a kiss in the cheeks?"

He's the 6th...

"WHAT?!! OF COURSE NOT!! RIGHT JUNGKOOKIE?!! GET AWAY FROM HIM!!" Jimin then removed his koala hug away and ran towards Taehyung.

"Why are you answering instead of him?!! Just one kiss~~" Taehyung made a kissing pout.

"Just kiss Hopie or anyone. Not my Jungkook." Jimin defended as he crossed his arms.

"OHHHHH!! So there's MY now?!!! OHHHHHHH!!!" Taehyung joked around as Jimin ultra blushed and chased around to catch Taehyung.

"ING RETARDS!! SHUT THE HELL UP I CAN'T ING SLEEP HERE?!!" Yoongi yelled at the bunch jumping and chasing around.

"Geez!! Watch your language Yoongi!! Don't make me mad?!!" Someone threatened. Jungkook looked to see who it was and he saw a young man not taller than him with a motherly aura around him.

"Eomma..."

"Hmmm?"

"Bwahahaha!! Jungkook just called Jin, MOM!!" Hoseok laughed hysterically.

"Oh, shut it Hopie. I'm Kim Seokjin by the way. And the one over there is Min Yoongi, and that's Park Jimin." He gently smiled as he pointed at the man sitting with his feet high and to the one running around chasing Taehyung.

Jungkook thought this group of friends is kinda bizarre. They are clearly like total opposites of each other but still they flocked together like inseparable friends.

How much he longed for someone to introduce out to him, out of their own will wanting to be friends.

He didn't notice the tears building up as he stared at them. He sobbed quietly and buried his face in his hands as he tried to stop the tears.

As if on cue they hugged the boy who is helplessly crying his eyes out. They didn't say anything, but it was all the silence Jungkook need. 


CHAPTER 6

Days turned into weeks.

Weeks turned into months and

Months turned into a year.

 

That's how long Jungkook felt at home with his aunt at home and friends waiting for him at school.

How he wished he could stop time and recollect all of the moments he treasured but he knows everything must end soon, he doesn’t know why but his heart felt uneasy.

 

 

And it started when Yoongi stopped coming to school weeks later. It's like he suddenly disappeared and didn't even keep in touch with the 6 of them.

 

 

"What the heck is Yoongi’s problem? He never answers my call." Jimin ranted.

 

 

 

"I wonder what happened to him?" Hoseok asked.

 

 

 

"Yeah. Jin's been stressed reading lately and Taehyung's mood isn't any better." Namjoon pointed out.

 

 

 

Jungkook actually became close to Yoongi next to Jimin who would endlessly throw a fit at the poor man.

He didn't think he'll become close to the infamous Suga who is rumored to be a complete opposite of the Yoongi he knows.

All he heard are endless bad remarks that earned him a reputation the man has despite his high marks and rank as the 2nd placer in their campus. 

 

 

Jungkook saw the man's kindness as time passed and saw his soft nature when he always choose to take care of them in his own way by worrying about them like a big brother in the shadows.

 

It was Yoongi who helped him meet the ones he calls his friends, and now he thinks it's his turn to help him in all ways possible.

 

That's why later that night, he texted Yoongi saying he'll wait for him at the cafe downstreet.

 

 

He'll wait until he comes, and he's sure Yoongi will show up because it is always the older who nags him to go home early.

 

He waited there until 11pm, Jungkook already ordered 8 drinks since he entered the cafe at 5 pm.

He's starting to drop his eyelids before he felt something warm against his shoulders, he looked around to see Yoongi put jacket on his sleepy figure.

 

 

Why are you still here? Don't think I’ll be responsible for a brat like you." Jungkook smiled at the sight of the man before him, how he missed Yoongi so much he hugged him even though he knows how the older one hates affection the most. He smiled showing his bunny teeth and crescent eyes.

 

"I missed you so much Yoongi!!! Where have you been? Why aren't you coming to school? Are you eating well?" There's so much Jungkook wanted to ask him, too much to tell him, too much to say to him.

 

 

"I'm sorry..." and he looked away as Yoongi broke the hug.

 

 

If it was anything he knew, it may be because Yoongi's rank became three steps lower. But it wasn't because he's not smart nor being reckless, it was because he didn't get in time to take the examinations due to the fact that he took his grandmother to the hospital.

His grandmother is very ill and it's making Yoongi worried his grades dropped down. All Jungkook knew is that Yoongi’s family is mad at the outcome of the ranking and is making Yoongi’s burden heavier. Jungkook knew everything but he chose not to tell the group.

 

 

He believes more than anyone that he can help Yoongi overcome his depression. Yoongi slowly talked and told Jungkook that he's been smoking lately to alleviate the depression he's having. Jungkook was indeed shocked but nodded at that statement.

 

So Yoongi continued to tell Jungkook everything he's been up to lately.

 

He told the younger that his parents were furious at the result of his rank but he didn't care any less since he kinda expected it to happen and he always hated school the most next to his parents.

 

Jungkook was able to relate to the Yoongi’s feeling, so he told him that if smoking is the only way to relieve some of the pain he's feeling he won't tell him to stop but he could slowly help him cut it down to the point of stopping.

 

 

 

But it didn't end there, after all he learned that Yoongi also drinks alcohol but it's manageable.

 

 

"I'll just wish you'll go to school now, Yoongi. You know how much we miss you, how we all miss you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Because slowly…

 

 

 

But surely…

 

 

 

Yoongi’s absence is slowly breaking them and their friendship apart.

 

And Jungkook knows that.


author's notes
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS FOR PROOFREADING PURPOSES ONLY.

THANK YOU FOR SUBMITTING YOUR STORY TO MY SHOP! TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THE REVIEW IN THE COMMENTS