✌PROOFREAD - Zwei: The Last Wish (by Vmebtsme)

✔✔TRAVERSE SHOP - REVIEW & PROOFREAD✔✔
 
proofread
Date Requested:
May 14, 2016 21:30:05 Date Finished:
May 14, 2016 23:24:59
Zwei: The Last Wish

Author: Vmebtsme

Genre(s): Friendship and Slight Angst

Story Status: Completed

No. of Chapters: 1

 
Green texts mean corrections.

WARNING: If you are not the author of this story and you want to read it, a link to the story is given above. Do not read the story here.

FINAL CHAPTER
 

“Okay! That’s a wrap, thank you everybody,” hearing the director’s words made Kim Jongin, also known as Kim Kai, graced a smile on his face. His work is done for the day.

At last, the work he had been doing about six months had been completed, he silently wished that the movie he starred in will have the highest ratings for the year. Kai walked to a chair beside the director that was located under a canopy and sat on it.

The make-up artist near him handed him a bottle of mineral water and he accepted it gladly. He opened it and drank half of it.

“Good work, Kai!” Krystal, a fellow artist beside him said as she sat in the chair near him.

“You too,” he said in unison.

Krystal slightly nodded her head as she took her phone out from her handbag. Kai glanced at the bag, he took notice that Krystal really loves the brand named LV. He noticed it when he had been working with Krystal in the movie and two dramas back then.

“A new bag?” he asked.

Krystal shifted her gaze from the phone and gave Kai a lopsided grin. “Yes, my favorite, I just bought it last month. It suits me, right?”

“Yes, the design suits your style. You’re beautiful too by the way,” Kai added as he analyzed the bag closer, black and white in color and easy to be held. Something felt nostalgic as he looked closer at the bag, not remembering Krystal’s presence beside him.

“Kai?” Krystal’s voice tore him from his thoughts and Kai mouthed ‘sorry’ to Krystal. Krystal accepted it, and put a hand on her cheek while looking at Kai playfully. “Do you want to give a bag for your girlfriend, Kai? That’s not good, you’re just a new rising actor, I bet the paparazzi won’t keep silent about this when they hear it. I give you an advice as a senior, you know.”

Kai shook his head, correcting what Krystal thought about him now. “It’s not a girlfriend, it’s a very special person in my heart,”

“Oh?” Krystal eyed him with a mischievous glint in her eyes, interested to know.

Kai felt his cheeks were hot, he was embarrassed being stared by the girl.

“Who, may I know?”

“It’s…” Kai bit his lips and a sudden noise tore Krystal gaze from Kai. She looked at her phone and grunt. The noise was the sound of Krystal’s phone, alarming her when a new message was sent to her.

“Not again!” Krystal puffed her cheeks as she held her phone tightly with trembling hands.

Kai raised his brows, “Why, Krystal?”

Krystal sighed. “My sister… she wants to accept that guy’s proposal! I don’t want her to leave me after she is married later, her husband will take her to live abroad!”

“It’s not like… I hate that guy. I just don’t like the way he is taking my sister from me!”

Kai felt something heavy burdening him, not just his heart but also his whole body. Kai clutched his chest tightly as if to get rid of the feeling he had.

“I don’t like it! I hate it! Music will steal her from me, she will not be by my side anymore!”

Kai felt a voice from the past echoed in his ears, repeating the same tone again and again.

“Kai, your manager is here,” Krystal’s baritone freed Kai from the voice.

“Thanks, Krystal. I need to go now,” Kai uttered as he stood up from his seat.

“Sorry if what I said was burdening you, just forget it Kai. Also, if we by chance happen to star in a movie or drama again, I will wait for you again. You never disappoint me with your acting skills Kai!” Krystal reached out her hand for Kai to shake it. Kai shook it and stepped slowly to his manager who was talking to the director.

You’re wrong, Krystal. My acting skills are not mine by chance, it’s thanks to the script that changes me to be someone else to forget something that gives me pain every time I remember it by chance, it’s just my own point of view, nothing more, nothing less. That’s why acting is my whole world, maybe my whole universe.

“So, did you have fun acting today?” Mr. Kwang cheerful voice greeted Kai as he entered the car.

“It’s fun, I love it and I hope this movie will not be forgotten by those who watch it,” Kai muttered. Mr. Kwang chuckled amusedly.

“I am glad that you love your job, Kai. I got a few calls from various companies. Two of them asking you for CM and the rest are for a short drama project between various artists, also a movie. Do you want to accept it?”

Kai massaged his temples as he thought about it.

“Also, I heard that the infamous abroad actor will be participating in that drama project too,” Mr. Kwang added.

“Who? Is he a foreigner? Does he know Korean?” asked Kai.

“Oh Sehun. He’s a Korean.”

That silence Kai to the core. “Let me think about it first…”

Mr. Kwang understood it and didn’t ask Kai for more, but he was weird about one thing.

If Kai had companies that wanted him to star in a drama or a movie even CM, he will accept it without thinking even when he knew who the actor was.

But, why when Kai heard Oh Sehun's name, he didn’t give him a definite answer?

Mr. Kwang shrugged. People have their own problems, and he was sure that Kai will not be sharing with him about the problem as usual. Kai needed his own privacy, he couldn’t bother him about it. So, Mr. Kwang just drove the car to Kai’s home.

“I’m back,” Kai said as he opened his apartment door. No one came to reply his greeting. Yes, of course no one will reply back since Kai lived alone. Kai often forgot about it, the young actor chuckled as he closed the door.

Kai landed his body on the soft bed in his dark bedroom, he averted his gaze from the ceiling to the night stand at his right.

A frame on the night stand made Kai’s heart wrench again. Kai thanked the darkness of the room because he couldn’t even see the picture in the frame that made him lost his self in the past whenever he looked at the picture. Kai reached out the frame and he could feel the frame carvings.

Unconsciously, he felt his eyes watered.

Kai decided to think about the jobs Mr. Kwang told him before.

Oh Sehun.

The name rang a bell in his distant memories of the past.

“Jongin, let me introduce you, this is my best friend, Oh Sehun!” a girl with braided hair smiled cheerfully as she tightly intertwined her hands with the boy beside her.

“If this is your best friend, he is my best friend too, right?” Jongin asked playfully.

“He’s not,” she stuck her tongue out, “He’s my best friend, you go search for your own best friend!”

“But, you’re my best friend, a special one at that!” Jongin pouted. The girl and Sehun laughed at Jongin’s action.

“You’re right, Jongin. I am your very special friend since my blood too flows in you, right?” she said as she caressed Jongin’s cheek.

“Yah, Kim Hyeri! You’re a very sweet older sister, you know,” Sehun praised.

“I am,” Hyeri agreed as she patted Jongin’s head.

Then, the three of them laughed together.

Kai gritted his teeth as he embraced the frame closer to his chest, as if never letting it go. “Sister, where are the “we” from before?”

Kai knew even if he repeated the question over and over, no one will answer it. Even he, even Sehun and even Hyeri, no one could answer it because the time they had before has lost its shine and the sweetness like an apple that was rotting because of bugs.

Kai fell asleep as he embraced the frame.

 

The next morning, Kai was woken up by the ringing of his phone. Without looking at the caller’s name, he immediately answered the call.

“Hello…” Kai’s weak voice muttered.

“…”

“Hello,” Kai opened his eyes as he sat up on the bed while stretching his body.

“…”

“Look, if you want to give me a prank call, just go away. You’re wasting my time!” Kai scolded and threw his phone softly on the bed. His heart was fuming with anger because of the call and Kai slowly got up from the bed. He ruffled his hair and opened the curtain.

The morning sun rays illuminated his room and his eyes caught the sight of the frame. Kai had gotten a better look of the picture.

A girl with rosy pink lips was smiling, her blonde dyed wavy hair was blown by the breeze as she looked up to watch the cherry blossom tree and her brown doe eyes looked beautiful as if sensing some love in her eyes as she gazed at the cherry blossom tree. Beside her, a tall boy was looking straight to at the camera while holding two graduation certificates, he was trying to hold his laughter as the picture was taken. Beside the boy, there was a guy named Kim Jongin standing while holding his graduation certificate, making some funny faces to the camera.

“There is no Kai in there at first, sister. It just Jongin in there…” Kai uttered sadly, forgetting about his anger just now as he stared at the picture for a long time.

Kai’s phone rang again, not because of someone calling, but because of an alarm.

Kai clenched his fist when he put off the alarm. He always set up an alarm for these four years, it was now a habit to him that he couldn’t erase.

He always set an alarm on a certain date.

12th April.

Kai knew that today he didn’t have any work, since he hadn’t gotten any call from his manager. He decided to go somewhere after a refreshing bath.

As soon as Kai stepped his feet in his house compound, a certain woman who was watering the plants outside halted her action. She hurriedly wrapped his hands around Kai’s body, “My son,” she said in relief.

“I miss you, Jongin.”

“I miss you too, mum also please call me Kai, mum.” Kai replied as he was facing his mother. “Where is dad?”

“Your dad is at work,” Mrs. Kim answered as she closed the water host. Kai bit his lips, feeling awkward.

“Let’s enter the house, Kai.”

Mrs. Kim entered the house, leaving Kai alone outside. Kai looked around, to see whether anything change a bit.

Kai loves his house because it was a traditional Korean house, the people in the neighborhood will talk about his house sometimes because it was a big house owned by his parents and specially made by his grandfather as his parents wedding present.

Kai stepped in the house and he was greeted by the green tea aroma.

Mrs. Kim loves green tea. That was the reason why she always serves the visitors to the house with green tea. It was her talent to make a delicious green tea, the one that Hyeri will envy her mom how to make the tea every time Mr. Kim and Jongin commented about her tea tasted awful.

“Mum, have you visit Hyeri’s grave today?” Kai asked.

“Your dad and I had visited the grave yesterday, Kai. You know that we couldn’t visit Hyeri’s grave right on the date she died, that’s why we always visit her grave on 11th April,” Mrs. Kim answered calmly even though her eyes hinted lingering sadness and lament.

“Hyeri died on 12th April, mum. That is the fact we can never change,” Kai muttered.

“I know it, Kai. It’s just that… I still feel the 11th April is the date Hyeri’s still alive. After all, that was the day she introduced us to her special person. You knew that, right?”

Kai shook his head. “I was not there, mum.”

“Oh, yes. I’m sorry, Kai.”

“It’s me who should give you an apology mum,” Kai rasped weakly as he tried to hold himself from tears.

“The past is the past, Kai. It will not return back to us.” Mrs. Kim said and Kai’s head started to reminisce about the memories from seven years ago.

“Jongin, what do you think about me studying abroad after graduating? I have some universities in my head and I feel like wanting to study music abroad.”

Jongin raised up his head from the book he was reading.

“Don’t go.”

“Why?” Hyeri asked as she settled down to sit beside Jongin.

“You will change and I hate change.” Jongin replied coldly.

The former scratched her head. “Change for the better is good, Jongin.”

“It’s not! You will change and I know you will, just look a few years later, maybe you will come home stating you want to stay there forever. I know your personality, sister. If you love something, you will never let it go!”

The talk ended and Jongin left Hyeri alone.

It continued every day before graduation and Jongin kept running away from Hyeri with the same excuse. The idea that he hated change even Hyeri insisted that she will not change negatively as she tried to knock some sense in Jongin about the change.

Jongin always tried to hide himself when Hyeri was present while talking about going abroad. One day, Oh Sehun confronted him about Hyeri. It was their graduation day, the time after they were taking pictures together.

“Why do you oppose her choice so much?”

“I hate change!” Jongin yelled.

“But, you change too, Jongin. Every year you change, sometimes even your way of talking, your favorite food, your habit and all. It happens bit by bit, slowly. People change, Jongin. Please stop the way of your childish thinking! Hyeri’s future is at stake here, she’s a talented one in singing, composing songs, and playing musical instruments. Nothing is wrong with that!” Sehun explained furiously.

“But, is it wrong to study in Korea?! Nothing is wrong with that too, right?”

“She will get more experience if she goes to study abroad!” Sehun insisted as he tried to hold his urge from knocking Jongin down with his fist.

“My ties with her will change! Maybe she will find someone else more important than me in her life than me. She will forget me as her fraternal twin brother! I don’t like it! I hate it! Music will steal her from me, she will not be by my side anymore!”

“She will not!” Sehun shouted. “You share the same blood! Of course, she won’t forget, you are too precious for her to forget!”

“I…” Jongin trembled.

“Enough of your brother complex, idiot, let your sister go!” Sehun mocked angrily.

“I don’t have a brother complex! It’s just my bond with my twin sister,” Jongin furiously replied as he kicked Sehun’s leg and ran away from him.

A month later, a letter came to Hyeri, saying that she had been accepted as a student in an abroad university.

Jongin decided to live in their grandparent’s house after Hyeri’s acceptance. He did that to trouble Hyeri to make sure that she didn’t go abroad to study.

Of course, Hyeri went to see Jongin for his understandings about a few times. But, the girl stopped meeting Jongin until the date of her flight abroad.

Being forced by his grandmother to see Hyeri off at the airport made Jongin felt irritated than ever. Additionally, when his twin was smiling to him as she hugged him in a longing embrace.

Honestly, Jongin missed her hugs and how to hug her back.

They stayed in their embracing position as if in a frozen state, Hyeri waited for Jongin’s hand to wrap her body in a warm embrace.

But, Jongin didn’t do that. So, with a solemn smile, Hyeri slowly released from her hug.

“I will miss you, Jongin.”

Jongin raised his eyebrows. Is it true?

“I love you, dear brother.”

Then why do you want to leave? Jongin scoffed. Hyeri bit her lips, feeling it was hard to talk to Jongin.

“No one can replace you in my heart even if I have someone else more precious because we share the same blood,” Hyeri uttered and with several steps she had taken, Jongin left her too.

Jongin glanced at Hyeri and saw her crying that time.

But, he kept on his stoic face and went away just like that leaving his parents and grandparents at the scene that was calming Hyeri down.

“I’m sorry sister, if only I didn’t think about it childishly. You didn’t cry at that time, right?” Kai murmured as he looked at Hyeri’s picture in the room. Even if Hyeri had died four years ago, her bedroom didn’t even look dusty at all because Mrs. Kim always tidied her room.

Kai took out his phone as he heard his phone was ringing.

Unfortunately, Kai was rushing off to take his phone out, the phone fell to the floor.

Kai sighed. He kneeled to get his phone and glimpsed at Hyeri’s bed. One thing caught his attention was a medium size wooden box under it.

Kai decided not to call the caller back and reached out for the wooden box that was placed at the side of the bed’s leg.

Kai remembered that the box was Sehun’s birthday present for Hyeri. The taller carved it himself to his sister.

Kai opened the box slowly and saw many envelopes in the box that were arranged neatly in place. The inside of the box was a little dusty and the envelopes that were placed lastly were going to change color to yellow bit by bit.

Kai gasped when he took the envelope one by one to read whom her sister had wrote letters to since the address was written on the envelope.

All of the envelopes written by Hyeri were addressed to him except twelve envelopes in rainbow colors.

Kai read the name on the twelve envelopes one by one.

The stranger

The company

The writer

The composer

The sun

The singer

The musician

The fussy

The dreamer

The adored one

Two last envelopes were put on love sticker on it.

First, “Oh Sehun,” Kai read.

Oh Sehun, the friend.

The last one was a blue envelope with three love stickers put on it.

To you, my dearest love.

Kai raised his eyebrows, controlling himself from opening the envelopes. He started to open the envelopes addressed to him one by one.

Kai noticed that the first envelope Hyeri wrote to him was the date where he left home to stay with their grandparents.

He read all of the letters in the envelope and didn’t realize how much time passed.

Kai eyes began to well up with tears as he read the last letter from Hyeri.

Dear Kim Jongin, my dear brother.

It’s been a long time since you had left us. Mom told me you didn’t even come home every break, even when I’m not there.

Have you forgotten about me too, Jongin?

You called mom and dad, but you never met them or tried to come back.

Did you miss me when I’m not there? I mean by your side.

Are you still mad at me?

Then, I hope you’re not mad at me anymore. I came back to Korea a few months ago because I will continue my next two year studies at Korea, I hope you’re happy!

I’m going to meet you, Jongin. So happy!

But, you know… there’s a reason I came back.

I wanted to treat my illness in Korea, by my family’s side. I was diagnosed with cancer when I was abroad. I was scared, Jongin. You’re not there with me.

The second was to meet you.

I want to spend our time together before I get my intensive treatment.

I want to rebuild our memories back.

I’m not going to tell Sehun about my cancer yet. That boy will always be worried too much for me. So, I’m not going to bother him with my illness.

Jongin, can I ask you to help me with something?

I found friends and companions when I was abroad. There were six of them. I gave nicknames to them. You can’t open the letters I wrote for them, it’s forbidden!

The company

The writer

The composer

The sun

The singer

The dreamer

If something happens to me, can you give them my last wish to all of them?

The letters I wrote for them are my wishes to them.

Also, I wrote extras for you and Sehun.

Jongin, my zwei precious in my life,

Can you give me my last wish? Can you regard it as the second time we spent together?

Jongin, you must have wondered why I called you zwei. Zwei mean second in Germany.

You’re the second precious in my life.

The first are our parents.

The third are my lover and close friends.

Sehun told you, right?

I won’t leave my precious one, I won’t even let them go. It’s for the sake of my dream that I wanted to study abroad Jongin, you too loved how the tune was when I played musical instruments.

I have a gift that I prepared for you.

The six names above are the answer to the gift that I prepared for you specially.

I promised you before that I will grant your wish, to make a special song just for you.

I made it and I hope you love it, Jongin. (Just search for them)

Love,

Kim Hyeri.

PS: I want to see you again, even if it’s for a second time, it is the last wish of mine, Jongin.

A note fell after Kai held the last letter addressed to him and he slowly picked it up. Hyeri wrote something on the note and Kai noticed that her writing seemed rush.

If Kim Jongin finds this, it means he has to return a favor to me as an obligation.

My last wish, to be by Kai’s side for the second time, even if it’s the last.

My other last wishes are to spend my time with Sehun again, for the second time because we rarely meet after graduation.

The next is to see the six of you again.

The company

The writer

The composer

The sun

The singer

The dreamer

And the last is to send my last wishes to you all,

The stranger

The fussy

The musician

The adored one

Oh Sehun, the friend.

And you, the one I love; To you, my dearest love.

Jongin, this is my last wish to you, regard it as doing me a favor for an old friend.

From,

Kim Hyeri.

After reading the letters addressed to him, Kai wiped his tears away, deciding to keep the letters in the envelopes and took the box with him.

Hyeri truly missed him and she never changed from the way she wrote the letters. Kai regretted his own mistake to his sister and vowed silently in his heart that he will find the twelve that her sister want to give the letters as in her will of last wish.

“Even if I’m the second to you, I still love you, sister. I’m sorry,” Kai silently murmured after praying at the altar room.

The young actor decided to call Krystal to advise her something.

“Hello,” Krystal answered with a hoarse voice.

“Hello, this is Kai.”

“Yes, I knew it from your caller ID,” Krystal giggled.

“Just accept what your sister wants,” Kai bluntly said.

“What?”

“It’s for the better, trust me. Just accept it positively, she will not change. She will not change,” Kai chanted as he balled up his fist.

“Why did you suddenly call me, just to tell me this?” Krystal sounded confused.

“I was scared if you would lose another precious person in your life like me. I am afraid that you will throw your sister away for her to give up what she wishes for, please don’t. I don’t want you to be like me or you will regret it later,” Kai stated with a voice filled with regret and guilt.

“Thank you, Kai. Honestly, I may try to do that tactic, but hearing what you told me with that kind of voice… I will back off my plan sensing your voice lingered with sadness.”

“It’s… nothing…” Kai let out a heavy sigh.

“I hope you’re fine,” Krystal pointed out.

“I’m fine,” Kai answered.

“Then, I hope you don’t cry…”

“I will try not to…”

“Bye, Kai. Thank you for your advice,” hearing Krystal’s light chuckles made Kai felt a burden left his heart.

Kai glanced at the wooden box on the couch that reminded him of Hyeri.

Your last wish sister, sure I will keep it as a promise and the first step is, “Hello, Mr. Kwang, about the jobs… I will accept it,” he said as he called his manager.

To meet Sehun, the friend, then I will get the answer to the rest of the names.

author's notes
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS FOR PROOFREADIng purposes only.

Thank you for submitting your story to my shop! Tell me your thoughts about the review in the comments!