✌PROOFREAD - JIKOOK ONESHOT CHALLENGE (by Kookie025)

✔✔TRAVERSE SHOP - REVIEW & PROOFREAD✔✔
 
proofread

 

Dear Fellow JiKook Shipper,
JIKOOK ONESHOT CHALLENGE ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Author: Kookie025

Genre(s): Angst (1st Chapter)

Story Status: Ongoing

No. of Chapters: 7

 

Green texts mean corrections.

Red texts must be deleted.

WARNING: If you are not the author and you want to read it, a link is given above. Do not read the story here.


CHAPTER 1

Swan dive down eleven stories high

Hold your breath until you see the light

 

Jimin fell in love.

It was something one has to rejoice in, since the Red Strings of Fate finally binds your heart to someone.

But… it wasn't the same for Jimin.

He knew the saying that well goes to his love;

"Once you fall in love,

It's not just the sweetness and the love that you should be prepared for,

One should also be ready for the

Heartaches and Pain that comes within it."

 

 

Jimin loved Jungkook since they were little.

He dotes on the younger like no one else does and showed every love he has for the younger through songs and sweet actions.

Jungkook's hesitant at first, but the younger soon finally started to break down his walls and slowly allowed Jimin to enter His life.

 

So when they are finally both in college.

Jimin finally made the first move.

He was the older after all.

 

Jungkook gladly accepted His love.

Because Jungkook also felt the same for Jimin.

He loved Him with all of His Heart and Soul.

But it seems that fear blinded the poor boy's heart more than Jimin's unconditional love.

 

You can sink to the bottom of the sea

Just don't go without me

 

Jimin started to know the boy's hidden pain.

 

He learned how Jungkook grew up in a broken family. His two siblings went to live with His Mother and He on the other hand--is forced to stay with His Father.

He learned that the younger grew up in the care of someone who's abusive, repulsive, and mentally unstable.

That is---His very own Father.

That explains why the younger has a large scale of scars tainting his pale skin all over his body.

 

He silently wept for the poor child.

 

Go get lost where no one can be found

Drink so long and deep until you drown

 

But the sunshines didn’t last.

 

He noticed how the younger started to drift away from his grasp.

He noticed how He rarely sees the younger from time to time.

He noticed how he's starting to miss the touch of Jungkook, since they haven't met at all in the past few months.

 

Say your goodbyes but darlin' if you please,

Don't go without me.

 

He started to ask why the younger can't look directly in his eyes anymore.

He noticed how his slightest touch made the younger flinch.

He wondered why the younger always wore long sleeved t-shirt everytime they met.

He wondered if the younger is slept enough since dark circles started forming on the boy's doe eyes.

 

C'est la vie, Such is life,

C'est la mort. Such is death.

You and me,

Forevermore.

 

He noticed how alarmingly thin the boy is,

After embracing him for the first time,

He caressed the boy's cheeks and gave him gentle kisses to show how much he's getting worried.

Jimin started whispering sweet loving words that echoed in Jungkook's ears.

 

It touched his heart,

 

Jungkook cried.

And Jimin cried with him.

 

Let's walk down the road that has no end

Steal away where only angels tread

 

Jungkook was hesitant at first but Jimin assured the younger that he will still be here and accept all of it wholeheartedly.

He finally told the older about his suicidal thoughts lately.

 

He started cutting himself and doing drugs to alleviate the depression he's having.

 

Jimin finally took the courage and reached for the younger's sleeves gently so he won't hurt the younger.

As he raised the boy's sleeves up,

 

He almost cried out loud by the sight of the countless fresh wound cuts visible on the younger's wrist.

 

Heaven or hell or somewhere in between

Cross your heart to take me when you leave

 

His legs felt weak and fell to the ground

His whole body trembled as he dearly held at Jungkook's hands.

He can't afford to take in everything the younger told him.

He mumbled continuously, "Why?"

And Jungkook can only embrace the fragile state of the older as he sobbed.

 

He can't afford to lose the younger.

 

He'll break into pieces if that happens.

 

So Jimin can only mumble, only for the younger to hear,

 

"Don't go

Please don't go

Don't go without me."


CHAPTER 2

Jungkook just returned after taking a nice, long shower after the dance practice.

He made his way towards his room to rest and walked sluggishly across the hallway ‘cuz he's tired as a log.

He opened the door and directly fell on his bed.

He tried to spread out the blankets underneath but what met him is the all familiar airhead sleeping cozily again in his bed.

"What the-- Hyung!! Tell me, why the are you here, AGAIN?" He annoyingly tried to shake the sleeping boy up.

"Ohh... Kookie? You're back! I missed youuu~~" Jimin hugged the younger and held onto him like a baby koala.

"Get off me hyung!! You're sooo heavy..." Jungkook failed to remove Jimin's ultra hug and fell drastically to the covers of the bed.

Jimin snuggled his face into the crook of Jungkook's neck and his arms and legs tightly secured in his body, leaving no escape for the poor boy. Jungkook let out a sigh that showed how exhausted he is, both physically and emotionally.

Jimin loosed up a little bit, but still not enough for Jungkook to move.

"I was having a nightmare, Kookie~" Jimin reasoned out, earning him a pinch in his arms from the younger.

"Don't lie to me, you already made that excuse yesterday." Jimin pouted and Jungkook won't deny that the older looked so adorable.

"I'm feeling cold sleeping alone."

"Then close the AC."

"But I get disturbed by Taehyung's noisy sleep talking!"

"Then throw him a pillow or something. It works everytime with Namjoon-hyung."

"But!! I get hungry in the middle of the night and this room is the closest to the kitchen." Jungkook thought that this is getting ridiculously out of hand by Jimin's random excuses.

"Hoseok-hyung's room is the closest."

"I use the toilet alot too!!"

"Your room is connected to the restroom!!"

"Oh."

"........"

"........"

"...But I want to watch movies..."

"......."

"There's a DVD player in the guest room, hyung."

Jimin ran out of excuses and Jungkook wanted to laugh at the panicking state of the older.

"Aren't you scared sleeping alone, Kookie? Didn't you know there's a monster underneath our beds!?" Jimin still randomly reasoned out.

"Gosh, Hyung!! We're too old for that ."

"Nooo!! I'm serious!! First, it knocks five times and when you open the door you'll see no one and the monster will crawl underneath the bed without you knowing it and eat you in your sleep!!"

"HA HA very scary Hyung. Now go, I've had enough of your weird excuses." But before Jungkook can finally release himself from Jimin's hug, they heard a soft knock on the door. They both stopped breathing and Jungkook can feel his heart beating erratically.

He stopped pushing Jimin's arms away and slightly returned the hug instead.

"D-Did you hear that? It must have been the Hyung-nims." Jimin looked at him dead panned and silently asked,

"What time is it, Jungkook?" He gulped and looked briefly at the clock on the wall.

"I-I-It's 3 am in the morning, hyung..." They both stared for a minute before deliberately rushing to cover themselves under the blanket.

"I'm scared, hyung..." Jungkook moved in close to Jimin's chest and hugged the older.

"I'm here... I'll protect you, Kookie. Let's just sleep for now..." Jimin assured as he kissed the younger's forehead and caressed his cheeks. Jungkook felt warm and safe under Jimin's tight embrace and quickly drifted off to sleep.

Jungkook forgot about the idea of kicking Jimin out due to the scary event, and Jimin can only smile widely, showing his whole teeth at the moment of feeling great accomplishment in his plan of sleeping next to the younger.

"Are they already sleeping?" Jin asked Namjoon as they stood behind the closed door.

"I guess? But we've just told Jimin that we'll return at 3. Don't tell me he didn't say that to Jungkook." Namjoon concluded.

Jimin clearly made up the whole monster thing and he'll have to thank Jin and Namjoon later for the knock's great timing.

 


CHAPTER 3
 

Q: How would tell someone that you like them?

 

Yoongi: That's simple. You just say it directly. (Swag)

Namjoon: Buy presents & plan a surprise event. Isn’t that kinda sweet?

Hoseok: Buy them food or treat them to a restaurant.

Jimin: I'll show it through my actions.

Taehyung: I like you.

Seokjin: Find a perfect timing and say it with all of your heart.

Jungkook: That's embarrassing. I won't tell them.

 

Results:

 

1. Hoseok

2. Jungkook

3. Seokjin

4. Namjoon

5. Jimin

6. Yoongi

7. Taehyung

 

Hoseok: Yay~ I'm first!

Yoongi: How the did Jungkook get the 2nd place?

Jimin: Geez! I thought I was at least in the first three rankings! Arghh!

Seokjin: Many fans reasoned out that they can clearly relate to Jungkook's answer and would do the same. Wtf.

Namjoon: The food bribery Hoseok pulled out worked.

Hoseok: Nothing can beat TREATED FOOD!

Taehyung: Why am I last?

Seokjin: ‘Cuz you didn't answer the question properly.

Taehyung: But I did.

Yoongi: What did you say?

Taehyung: I like you.

Seokjin: ......

Namjoon: ......

Yoongi: ........

Jimin: .........

Jungkook: .......

Taehyung: ...What?

Hoseok: The question was how, not what, Tae. (P/N: Please don't un-italicize)

Seokjin: Bless you Taehyungie.

Yoongi: Ask for repentance to Father Louis Williams Suga Adams the Third.

Jimin: Gosh guys! You're too loud!

Jungkook: Next question, next question!


CHAPTER 4

Q: What is your favorite BTS ship of all time?

 

Seokjin: NamJin, of course.

Yoongi: You're pretty bold.

Seokjin: What?

Hoseok: Namjoon is getting all red now, Jin-hyung.

Jimin: Then, MINE IS JIKOOK!

Taehyung: But TaeKook is strong too.

Hoseok: Oh. There's VMin too.

Namjoon: And YoonMin.

Yoongi: There's alot of ship names.

Seokjin: Just choose already guys, there's not much time.

Namjoon: T-Then mine is NamJin too....

Hoseok: OHHHH~~~ What is this? ♡♡

Jungkook: I see... I see… ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jimin: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Taehyung: Don't make the same face as Jungkook, Minnie! I'll get jealous~

Seokjin: Just pick already!

Taehyung: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Seokjin: Wtf.

Hoseok: Mine is totally random, but I heard a lot of VHope lately. So I'll choose that.

Namjoon: OHHHH! I see the love blooming! How about you Taetae?

Taehyung: I have alot actually, but I'll stick with Taekook. I can't let Jimin live happily ever after.

Jimin: The - DON'T GET IN BETWEEN OUR JIKOOK LOVE!!

Jungkook: I'll choose Jungkook&ARMY.

Seokjin: ......

Namjoon: .....

Yoongi: ........

Hoseok: ........

Jimin: NOOOO!! OUR JIKOOK LOVE! I HAVE A LOT OF RIVALS! ARGHHH!

Taehyung: But I love ARMYs too.

Yoongi: No changing of your answer.

Hoseok: How about you, Suga-hyung?

Yoongi: Suga x Trophy.

BTS:  ◉_◉

 

Results:

1. Seokjin

2. Yoongi

3. Jungkook

4. Jimin

5. Hoseok

6. Taehyung

7. Namjoon

 

Seokjin: I have no words for Yoongi's ship name.

Yoongi: I could have ranked 1st place.

Hoseok: No one can beat a Parents' Love ♡♡♡

Namjoon: Why am I ranked last?

Taehyung: Because you copied Jin-hyung's answer.

Namjoon: I DID NOT!

Jimin: No... The JiKook love... It's real I swear....

Jungkook: At least I ranked higher than Jimin-hyung.

Hoseok: I'll grab the 1st place in the next question. No worries~


CHAPTER 5
 

Q: Tell us what do you like best about the maknae, Jungkook.

 

Jimin: My face says it all ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Taehyung: No lewd thoughts allowed!

Jimin: ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

Yoongi: Stop making that look!

Seokjin: I guess it's his innocence at times. But it's occasionally.

Hoseok: His dancing.

Namjoon: His cuteness, everything! He's the Golden Maknae, after all.

Taehyung: Dorkiness.

Yoongi: I don't know... being a maknae I guess.

Jimin: /\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\

 

Ranking:

1. Jimin

2. Namjoon

3. Taehyung

4. Hoseok

5. Seokjin

6. Yoongi

 

Yoongi: Why am I last? Wtf.

Namjoon: ARMYs said that you should be more specific.

Yoongi: But being a maknae is specific!

Seokjin: But it’s not specific enough, Yoongi.

Taehyung: You're not the one to talk Jin-hyung. Since you got 5th place~ lol. Oh. Btw, How the heck did Jimin get 1st place?

Hoseok: GUYS!! PLEASE STOP JIMIN'S ERTED MIND! HIS FACE SAYS IT ALL!

Jungkook: .........

Jimin: ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ ) Teehee Kookie~


CHAPTER 6
 

Q: Can you tell us what's your obsession lately?

 

Jimin: I'm obsessed with Jungkookie duh.

Yoongi: I'm obsessed with... work? I guess. I'm working on my mixtape.

Taehyung: Me with the ARMYs ♡♡ Saranghae~

Hoseok: Clothes ♡♡

Namjoon: Reading.

Seokjin: FOOD! LOL.

Jungkook: I'm currently obsessed with perfumes & scents lately.

 

Results:

 

1. Jungkook

2. Taehyung

3. Jimin

4. Yoongi

5. Seokjin

6. Hoseok

7. Namjoon

 

Seokjin: I can totally agree, though. Jungkook bought 5 female perfumes lately.

Namjoon: He even uses them when he's taking a shower, before he goes to sleep, and before he goes out of the room.

Hoseok: What? That's weird.

Jimin: He also smells different everyday! He's not using one perfume a day, it's more likely different every night.

Taehyung: What? How did you know?

Jimin: (͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)

Yoongi: ...Oh? Don't tell me you smell him in his sleep...

Jungkook: What?

BTS( º _ º)

Jimin: Teehee~ I won't say I'm innocent though ( ͡°͜ʖ͡° )

BTS: ( •_•)

Taehyung: Wtf.


CHAPTER 7

Jimin is being diagnosed with his Kidney Failure due to his family's history of Diabetes and stayed in the hospital most of the time. He needs to have a Kidney Transplant soon and that's when the Doctor introduced him to Jungkook.

Jeon Jungkook is an 18-year-old, Haemolytic Anemia Patient.

Jimin was 2 years older than him and was utterly curious as to why he decided to donate both of his organs, so he began to ask every nurse and doctor who's in charge of the younger.

He learned that Jungkook won't live long.

He’ll probably die early this month due to his worsened case of Anemia. He wasn't diagnosed early and that probably caused his Anemia to severe thoroughly.

The doctors already told the younger that his Anemia worsened and there's no hope in his treatment, so the younger boy accepted the offer to donate his kidneys.

There's a few more weeks left before the operation, and Jimin wanted to know more about the young, mysterious boy.

Finally, after a countless weeks that passed.

Jimin started to hang out more in Jungkook's room, to talk non-stop about random things that happened to him that day which caused Jungkook to get annoyed at the overly talkative boy.

"You don't ever shut up, do you? Don't you have a friend or something?" The younger coldly stated.

Jimin made his way towards the younger's bed and jumped in to make himself comfortable.

"Still cold as always. Say, why don't you tell me more about yourself, Kookie~" He crawled and laid down next to Jungkook.

"Ugh. Stop invading my personal space!! Go awaaaay." And he tried to push the older off the bed.

"Nope. Not happening. Tell me more about Anemia then~~" Jimin tightly hugged the younger boy's torso in avail to protect himself from falling off the bed.

Jungkook soon gave up and sighed, "Why do you want to know? Are you feeling guilty over the fact that I'm giving you my kidney? Is that pity, Jimin?" Jimin was shocked by his words. Never once he thought that befriending Jungkook is all out of pity. He quickly got out of his embrace and shook his head,

"OF COURSE NOT!!! What made you say that Jungkook? I'm clearly here because I want to be friends with you... so please don't say that." Jimin can feel his tears threatening to fall down his cheeks.

Jungkook looked directly into his eyes, full of sadness, love and care. Jimin was confused by that cryptic gaze Jungkook was always giving him. He can clearly see that Jungkook is caring deep inside, but he always chooses to hide it under his cold facade.

After a long, awkward silence.

Jungkook finally broke it.

"Would you shut up... if I told you about my Anemia?" Jimin slightly nodded.

The younger let out a worn out sigh.

"Fine then... I have Haemolytic anaemia, it is a condition in which red blood cells are destroyed and removed from the bloodstream before their normal lifespan is up. So it's easier to say that my own body tries to destroy my own blood cells. Crazy, isn't it. Satisfied?"

"Does it h-h-hurt?" Jimin hesitantly asked.

"It does. But it's just causing me to pale and bruise, it's not a big deal. Blood Transfusion is very painful though."

"Why did you choose to donate your kidneys, Jungkook? You'll---" Jimin finally took the courage to ask but was cut off before he could finish.

"Die? I don't have a choice, Jimin. It's already a given fact that there's no cure left, and I, at the very least wanted to make someone else’s life better... Just be grateful for that hyung. Please..." Jimin can only cry at the last statement of Jungkook.

He doesn’t want the younger to die but at the same time he doesn't want to abandon his parents.

They borrowed enough money just to take him to the hospital and diagnose his illness.

His parents are in huge debt just to find a Kidney Donor for the operation.

He knows he can't take the risk of telling them to find another kidney donor just to save Jungkook's life. Because it actually took them 8 months to find one, and looking for a donor isn't easy. He knows he has less than a month before both of his kidneys completely lose their function.

He knows that spending time with Jungkook is wrong...

Because he's slowly starting to fall for him.

 


Sincerely,
Dearest Proofreader

author's notes
DISCLAIMER: this is for proofreading purposes only.

THANK YOU FOR SUBMITTING YOUR STORY AT MY SHOP! TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THE REVIEW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!