✌PROOFREAD - Here Comes The Younger Byun! (by catssss)

✔✔TRAVERSE SHOP - REVIEW & PROOFREAD✔✔

STORY INFO

Here Comes The Younger Byun!

Author: catssss
Genre(s): Fluff, Romance
Story Status: Ongoing
No. of Chapters: 6


Green texts mean correction.

Red texts should be deleted.

NOTE TO THE AUTHOR: I added some necessary commas and periods, so yeah.

WARNING: If you are not the author of the story and want to read it, a link is given above. Do not read the story here.


CHAPTER 1

Soojin's POV:

With a final adieu to my friends before entering the airplane, I quickly found my seat and situated myself. I hoped and prayed with all my might that no one would sit next to me...

But knowing my luck it happened anyways.

Thankfully, the person sitting next to me seemed to be a 15-year-old girl who must be going to Korea for SHINee's concert since her shirt literally says, "SHINee World Concert 2015."

"So are you also going to the World Concert?" she asked me referring to her t-shirt.

"Umm... no,"

"Then why are you going to Korea? Did you know I speak fluent Korean!" she bragged.

You don't say...

"Family matters," simply told her without letting her go too deep into my life.

For the rest of the 12-hour flight, I slept, and ate, and basically did what I normally do when I'm bored.

Once there was no less than 45 minutes left of the flight I woke and decided to stay awake until we land.

Once the plane landed and I got off the plane, I looked for the closest place to get food is because I refuse to eat the crappy food they serve on airplanes and because I haven't eaten in a while...

I

NEED

FOOD

NOW.

I was able to locate a Starbucks and stand in line to get something to eat.

Finally, I got to order, "One black coffee and a blueberry muffin please," I politely asked the cashier in Korean, it's been a while since I've spoken it so I hope I'm not too rusty.

"Along with your drink can I also have your number?" the cashier flirted.

Well, I don't blame him, I'm pretty hot stuff it's just that with boys constantly flirting with you, it gets annoying.

"No thanks," I told him with a bit of sass in my voice to get my point of 'not interested' across.

After paying and getting what I ordered, I quickly texted Baekhyun telling him I landed.

He told me to wait (probably because he just woke up being the pabo he is) and so I waited.

Baekhyun's POV:

I felt something buzz near me jolting me awake and noticed my phone got a notification.

While looking for my phone, I look around my barren bedroom to see if it's anywhere in sight.

Because Soojin is starting college, we both decided it would cost less if we bought and lived in an apartment together and split the bills.

After taking all of the sheets off of my bed, I finally found my phone and saw that the text message was from Soojin telling me that she just landed. I told her to wait and get her luggage until I get there.

Immediately texted my friends if any of them want to come with me to pick Soojin up and Lay, Chanyeol, and Chen decided to come.

I quickly showered and changed before Chanyeol, Chen, and Lay arrived in the same car.

The thing is, the maximum amount of people you can have in each apartment is 6 so out of the 12 of us 6 lived in one apartment and the other six lived another in the same building close-by but ever since I moved out to live with my sister it would be easier if we had a smaller apartment since there is only two of us so now. I'm in a completely different building than my friends all together, thankfully the building I now live in is walking distance from my old apartment.

After finally getting into the van with three of the pabos I call my friends, questions were thrown at me left and right.

"How come you never talk about your sister and we've never seen her before?" Lay asked.

"She got into a fancy art school in California when she was 12 so I haven't seen her since she always had school when I normally had no school," I explained.

Most of the questions were quite reasonable like, "How old is your sister?" or, "What is she majoring in?"

"Is she hot?" Chanyeol, being the derpiest derp of them all asked, making me hit his head for asking such an inappropriate question.

"Hey, it was just a question!" he defended.

"Yeah, and it's about my sister," I told him. How could he possibly even think of acting like that towards the subject of my baby sister?!

"Also one last rule," I told them, "my sister is off-limits."


CHAPTER 2

After We finally arrived at the airport. We waited at the baggage claim for my sister. Chanyeol still pestered me about how she looks like and finally, after he asked me for the fifth time, "She looks a lot like Shin Se Kyung, the actress," I revealed.

"Really?!" Chanyeol exclaimed I guess he is more eager about meeting her now.

It's been almost 10 minutes since we arrived at the baggage claim and she still hasn't come yet!

Knowing my sister, she probably got lost or is getting food because of how much she hates airplane food.

Soojin's POV:

After getting coffee, I went to the baggage claim and got my luggage (I didn't have many belongings since most things were provided by my school) and still couldn't find my brother.

If you still haven't gotten out of bed yet I will get my revenge on you, Byun Baek.

After some looking that idiot finally asked me where I was, I for one, knew that he probably wasn't even at the correct baggage claim since that boy is as directionally challenged as a blind person. I then got a call from the said idiot.

"WHERE ARE YOU!" the latter asked.

"I'm at baggage claim 4-A, you know, the one I told you to go to?"

"I never said I wasn't at that one!" He defended.

"Then how come I don't see you?" I defended.

"Well, we are waiting by the advertisement for Taco Bell,"

We? Before I could question him, he hung up.

Baekhyun's POV:

Thank goodness I hung up before she could ask me what "we" meant.

Finally emerging from the crowd, I see my sister coming towards the sign and didn't even see me.

Once she looked this way I waved to her and she instantly came this way.

"Is that her?" Chen asked.

Seeing the fact that she was coming towards us answered his question.

"Annyeonghaseyo," she greeted.

I could see that Chanyeol, Chen, and Lay were still trying to pick their jaws off the ground when they saw her.

I don't blame them, though, ever since birth boys have always been attracted to her.

Breaking the awkward silence that followed,

"Guys this is my donsaeng, Soojin. Soojin these are some of my friends, Chanyeol, Chen, and Lay."

"Annyeonhaseyo," they all greeted.

"I don't mean to be rude, but how old are you?" Chen asked her.

"I was born in 1997," she replied.

"Oh! Then you are the same age as four of our friends!" he replied.

"What are you majoring in for college?" Lay asked her.

"I am going to be a piano major."

On the outside, my sister may seem awkward, but she really is sociable and gets along with people well.

I can see that Chanyeol has been quiet, and it isn't his usual self.

UH OH.

I SWEAR IF THAT 185 CM VIRUS SAYS SOMETHING EMBARRASSING I'M GOING TO KILL HIM.

Lay's POV:

After meeting Baekhyun's younger sister, Soojin, I can't help but be interested in her.

She plays piano, I play the piano.

It just has to be fate.... right?

Baekhyun surely wasn't kidding though when he said that she looks like the actress Shin Se Kyung.

Soojin's POV:

I would be lying if I said that I didn't find my brother's friends cute.

Sure they are my brother's friends, and definitely, he told them that they aren't allowed to date me, but a girl can dream, right?

His friends were nice I see that Chanyeol and Chen are more talkative while Lay is a bit more on the quiet side...

After chatting a bit and catching up Baekhyun, being the good older brother he is, took my luggage and we headed to the car.

After dropping his friends off at their apartment (which I'm guessing they live in the same one), we headed to another complex that is just a block away from the other.

This was smaller since the apartments were for fewer people to live in. We entered the complex and headed up to the apartment that Baekhyun and I will share.

The apartment has a small kitchen with a counter to eat on, a small living room with a couch and a TV, and a hallway that leads to two bedrooms with bathrooms in each room.

The bedrooms didn't have much in them besides a nightstand and a bed, but hopefully after I unpack it won't look so boring.

"Here is your apartment key," Baekhyun said breaking the silence and tossed me a pair of keys.

"Thanks, how much time is there left before our college classes start?"

"About 5 days," he replied nonchalantly.

"FIVE DAYS!" I shrieked,

That's barely enough time to unpack and let alone practice!

Speaking of practicing...

"Sometimes, later today my piano will be arriving," I told him.

"Please don't tell me it's one of those grand pianos." he groaned

Thankfully for him it isn't.

"Nope, just a regular electric keyboard," I told him.

As if on cue, both Baekhyun's and my stomach growled causing both of us to immediately wonder we will eat for dinner.

"I haven't had enough time to buy groceries, so we might as well order delivery," he told me.

"Can we get fried chicken?" I asked him.

"Of course, you would want the unhealthiest food you can get,"

"It's just that the fried chicken in America isn't as good as the fried chicken here in Korea," I explained.

"Ok, we'll get fried chicken,"

"YES!" I shouted out not even noticing that I started speaking in English.

"Is your English good?" Baekhyun asked.

"No, I lived in America where I mostly spoke English for seven years and am terrible at speaking the language," I replied in Korea, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Gosh, you don't have to be so harsh about it," the latter defended.

"When you stayed two years abroad, where did you go?" he asked me.

Ohhhhhhhhhh.

The-two years-I-spent-abroad-that-I-told-him-about-but-didn't-exactly-tell him-where.

"I learned at a boarding school in Beijing,"

"China?" No Byun Baekhyun, in Canada.

"Does that mean you know how to speak Mandarin?"

"My school made you pick a language to learn for the 7 years you attend school for and then let you do an exchange program where you go and see what performing art schools are like in the chosen language's main country," I explained.

"Oh, wow that's cool. A lot of my friends are from China including Lay, one of my friends you met at the airport."

"Did you learn any languages in your high school?" I asked him even though I knew his answer.

My brother may seem good at learning and remembering things but let's just say that his English doesn't abide that.

After seeing my smirk, "If you knew the answer to that why did you even bother asking!"

"Because teasing you is so amusing Oppa, that's why I do it. Also, how is Baek-poem Oppa doing?"

"Same bachelor older brother he was when you left,"

Of course, leave it to Baekhyun to tell you the most obvious information.

Seriously, though, my eldest brother is 28 and isn't even in a relationship!

I should make some older unnie friends and try to set some of them up with him...

After the food arrived, we ate to our hearts content and shortly after my piano arrived.

After setting up my piano, music, and other stuff in my bedroom, Baekhyun told me that unless I want to mess up my sleep cycle and go through my first year of college as a sleep deprived freak then I should go to sleep now and start off college with a normal sleeping cycle.

So I quickly got changed into some comfortable pajamas and slowly drifted off to sleep...


CHAPTER 3

Baekhyun's POV:

Why exactly did I wake up at 8 in the morning? To wake up Soojin to get rid of her jet lag oh yeah.

I quickly got up and decided to cook breakfast and hope that the smell will somehow wake Soojin.

Why won't I just go and wake her myself?

Because going into her room without her consent is like going into a bear's den.

If you go in she'll eat you alive (not really, but let's remember that my baby sister gives you every right to be afraid of her).

And it's like half of her brain is awake!

She literally wakes up instantly once you enter her room and will probably karate kick your to Jupiter.

Once I successfully made two scrambled eggs (without burning the complex down) I hoped that the fresh container of kimchi that I opened would wake her up, but I guess not.

I might as well get it over with and try to wake her up.

Tell the rest of my family that it's dad's fault that he gave her the "non-morning" type of person genes...

I slowly opened the door to the "bear's den" as my brother and I used to call it and was surprised to find Jin-jin (our nickname for her)

Still asleep.

How odd.

WAIT, I THINK I SAW HER MOVE.

ABORT MISSION

RUN AWAY

Nevermind...

She just shifted her sleeping position and continued sleeping.

BYUN BAEKHYUN AIN'T LEAVING THIS PLANET YET.

*hair flip*

I slowly tip-toed towards the sleeping girl and very lightly nudged her.

No use.

I nudged her again using a bit more force.

Still no use.

She must be really deep into her sleep if she is able to sleep through something that would normally wake her just by your presence in her room.

I finally went to my last resort and shook her vigorously until she finally woke.

Hoping that she wouldn't go all super Saiyan on me, I just stood there until she got out of bed.

She looked me dead in the eye and glared at me then put her glasses on and walked to the bathroom in her room.

Well, that went surprisingly well.

I guess because she had to live with somebody else at her old school she changed her ways and just looks angry in the morning.

"Breakfast is ready," I told her and walked back to the kitchen to set the table.

Soon after that, she stalked out of her room with a slightly more pleasant facial expression and her pair of thick, nerdy glasses that reminds me that despite her public image, Jin-jin is just a big nerd at heart. Most of the time she wears contacts when she goes out but at home, she basically throws her self-consciousness out the window and is the goofiest person you'll ever meet.

We sat down and started to eat breakfast and we chatted about what we were planning to do during college.

"Is there any piano pieces that you have been wanting to play?" I asked her.

"I've wanted to play this piece called "Indigo" by Yiruma. It's a pretty simple piece that I like but I just haven't gotten to playing it yet,"

I just nodded my head and pretended that I somehow had any idea what she was talking about, although I know who Yiruma is I never really listen to any of his songs...

#problemswithhavingsiblingswithcompletelydifferentmusicalinterestasyou

Was that too long?

Nevermind, no hashtag is too long for Queen Baek...

An awkward silence filled the small apartment as I remembered that even though my sister is a social butterfly it would be good if she had friends before she started college so she won't be lonely on her first day of school...

Aha!

I'll introduce her to some of my female friends!

Who should I introduce her too...

Soojin's POV:

Once an awkward silence filled the air Baekhyun started grinning madly.

Oh no.

Byun Bacon, whatever you have in mind better not be stupid.

"Soojin," he asked me alleviating the silence.

"What?"

"Since you don't know anybody I was thinking you could meet some of my female friends," he suggested.

Oh great, he doesn't think his younger sister, who is perfectly capable of making friends can't make any.

"Okay?" I'm not sure if I want to meet his friends, but it's worth a shot.

"Great, now get ready so we can go out."

I walked into my room and gave a glance in the mirror.

Oh gross.

My hair is oilier than halmeoni's pajeon.

I took a quick shower and dried my hair before choosing what to wear.

He said "presentable"...

I opted for a long sleeve button down shirt that has a flowery pattern on it and a pair of dark skinny jeans.

Once I finished getting ready I see that Baekhyun was still in his bedroom (doing what I have no clue).

Seriously, he takes more time getting ready than most girls...

He (finally) stepped out and we went on our way.

May I remind that "on our way" meant that we were outside in the sweltering heat because even though Baekhyun and I both have full scholarships to our university.

A) Our parents want us to be able to rely on by ourselves so we pay for most of our things.

and

B) Baekhyun doesn't save any of his money for anything important.

It's not that Baekhyun gambles or anything (as if he has enough money to) but he doesn't have a high paying job so he uses all his money on paying for rent, and, more importantly, food.

Where was I?

Walking outside in the death rays of the sun?

Oh yeah.

Continued walking until we arrived in front of a samgyupsal restaurant.

Inside there were two girls, probably Baekhyun's friends who looked eager (especially the one with short hair) to eat.

We sat down and greeted each other and Baekhyun took care of the introductions.

"Guys, this is my younger sister Soojin, Soojin, these are some of my friends, Krystal, and Amber."

Krystal and Amber aren't those English names?

"Are you guys from the States?" I asked them.

"Yup," they both replied.

"Bacon told us that you lived in California before moving back to Korea," Amber asked switching to English.

"Yeah. I got into the 'Los Angeles Academy of the Preforming Arts" and went there to middle school and high school." I replied slightly surprised by the quick transition between Korean and English.

"You went to LAAPA? So did we!" Krystal exclaimed.

Maybe that's the reason why Baekhyun made us meet?

"Are you two both in the same year as my brother?"

There's no way they could've been my senior at the same school, I never have seen them.

"We were. I don't remember seeing you ever at school, though?" Amber wondered.

"Wait! Was your English name Susy?" She asked again.

"It was! I think you may have seen me because a lot of times the principal chose me to play the piano for when someone sings "The Star Spangled Banner" at pep rallies and assemblies." I remembered.

"Oh! That's why you look familiar. I remember telling Amber about how much you look like Shin Se Kyung when you first performed." Krystal added in.

"Why does everybody say that? When one of Baekhyun's friends asked him to describe me to them all he said was 'She looks like a younger version of Shin Se Kyung,' like seriously I don't look that much like her," I refuted. Not until then had I noticed that Baekhyun was nowhere in sight and probably left the instant we started speaking in English.

"You do look like- Wait, where's Baekhyun?" Krystal asked.

"Probably left after we started ignoring him," I snorted.

"Since we mostly speak English to each other you don't have to call us 'Unnie' okay?" Amber said out of the blue.

To be honest, I wasn't even going to use honorifics with you anyways.

Oh dear god. Byun Bacon why did you have to make me so sassy.

"I was wondering if you would be fine if we had your number? Just in case you need help or something," Krystal said being the sunbae she's supposed to be.

We exchanged phone numbers but Amber looked like she wanted to say something.

"Is it fine with us calling you by your English name?" Amber asked, "For your contact and stuff."

"It's fine with me."

"Okay. Well, we should get you back to Bacon before he flips out and think we kidnapped you," she joked.

"You guys call him Bacon too? After I moved to the States I started calling him it."

It's funny since he has never eaten real bacon (maybe the weird fake stuff they sell at convenience stores but not real bacon)

"Also, we just wanted to tell you that we are both in the English club just in case you would want to join... Cause you also speak English and stuff."

English Club?

Where there is nothing but English?

(Let’s be honest here not actively speaking Korean has taken a toll on my fluency in it)

And no one has to use honorifics?

Count me in!

"Oh! That sounds like fun! I better be going now before he calls 119,"

They seem nice.

They didn't put a dating ban on me (like someone I know)

Or not even buy groceries (like someone I know)

Or not be responsible whatsoever (like someone I know)

I certainly know where I'll be hanging out most of the school year.

Why is it so hot?

It's literally 3 in the afternoon and is like 97 degrees (Fahrenheit) outside!

I finally arrived at the complex and air conditioning from the outside world and thank God I survived the heat.

I entered the elevator and awkwardly waited for the elevator to reach the seventeenth floor even though I was the only person there.

Once the never ending elevator ride was over I walked out into the hallway then it struck me.

Bacon never even managed to tell me what our apartment number is.

I looked at the keys and they didn't seem to give any clue on which apartment that idiot of a brother is in.

He better not be sleeping, and have his phone on, or be out with his friends.

I unlocked my phone and called him.

Thankfully, since he valued his life he picked up the phone.

"WHERE ARE YOU! IT'S BEEN ALMOST 4 HOURS ALREADY AND YOU AREN'T HOME YET. I WAS ABOUT TO CALL THE POLICE DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRI-"

"Oppa, I'm at the complex but did it ever cross your mind to actually TELL me which room is our apartment?" I asked him.

"Oh. Sorry, I didn't mean to yell it's just that it isn't safe for young girls to be out at this time."

"It's 3:35 what could possibly happen?!" He worries about me more than our mother does! Thankfully she knows that I am the responsible one and worries more about the one we should all be worrying about.

"Nighttime isn't the only time bad things happen to girls. Anyways, the apartment number is 14."

"Thanks," I replied.

I hung up on him and then continued to the apartment.

Once I entered I noticed that Baekhyun was nowhere in sight and probably was in his room watching K-dramas that he says that he doesn't watch.

As if.

I saw through the crack of his door (and no I'm not a ert) that he was lying on his bed watching intently on whatever drama he was currently enamored by.

Probably something with Park Shin Hye.

I don't think he watches anything that doesn't have Park Shin Hye in it.

For the rest of the day, we didn't do much since he still hasn't gone shopping yet we had pizza.

Or whatever you call the piece of dough that is shaped weirdly with cheese and corn on top.

Seriously, who puts corn on top of pizza?!

Apparently Korea does.

*sighs*

Surprisingly the pizza was good (I'm still a bit weirded out by the fact that I had pizza with corn on it)

On another tone...

I have four more days left before the great adventure of university starts!

I hope you can detect my sarcasm with the previous sentence or you will a hard time understanding me.

Right now I think Baekhyun probably thinks I'm crazy because I'm literally laying down on my bed not even trying to sleep and looking up at the white ceiling of my bedroom (which I hopefully will paint if I have time...)

And away sleep took me.


CHAPTER 4

Soojin's POV:

"Jinjin! Wake up!" someone (who is literally ASKING for their death) shook me saying.

WHO DARES INTERRUPT MY SLEEP.

I cracked open one of my eyelids and saw my idiotic brother waking me up.

I sat up in bed and glared at him and looked at the time.

7:00 A.M.

7:00!!

"Why did you wake me up so early?!" I furiously asked him.

"How could you forget, our college classes start today!"

Oh, crap.

Why do I always forget important things?

*facepalm*

I scrambled out of bed to get ready and scurried to the bathroom.

I quickly showered and changed into suitable clothes before I smelled smoke.

Wait...

SMOKE

BYUN BAEKHYUN WHAT DID YOU DO NOW.

I ran into the kitchen to find that my pabo of an older brother should make his theme song Adele's "Set Fire to the Rain"

But except using "rain" change it to toast.

"Set Fire to the Toast" it has a nice ring to it.

He was currently trying to toast some bread and I guess he ignored it for too long...

"This is why I'm in charge of cooking okay?" I told him.

"Sorry, I didn't want to be late because I was waiting for you to finish getting ready so you could make breakfast," he said sheepishly.

*sigh*

We decided to eat our scrambled eggs by itself without any toast because someone *cough* Baekhyun *cough* burnt it.

Anyways...

We left the complex and started heading to the university. Thankfully, it wasn't as hot early in the morning as it is later in the day.

We arrived at the gates after walking a couple blocks and entered the brick building that was looming ahead.

We entered the building and were greeted by (who seems to be) the university's secretary.

I walked up to her leaving Baekhyun to go to his locker and asked for my schedule and other things.

"Are you Byun Soojin?" she asked.

I nodded attentively answering her question.

"Here is your schedule, your locker number, and combination. Also, you can call me Mrs. Han," she told me.

"Ok, thank you Mrs. Han," I replied and gave her a bow before going off to find my locker.

Baekhyun's POV:

I see my sister walk out into the hallway with another freshman who must've gotten their schedules' at the same time, but that surely didn't attract any less attention from her.

I especially saw Song Minho, one of the "kingka's" of the school, eyeing her and Mino (as he likes to be called) is one of the infamous players in the university. Knowing Soojin, she's smart enough to not get involved with these types of things. But sometimes she can be really dense....

She was going to her locker and I saw Mino follow close behind. She opened it and put some of her stuff inside as he approached her and came close to her.

Too close...

I think the others noticed how I continued to become engrossed in what was happening in front of me.

"Ugh, I think Mino found his new prey," Luhan commented.

"And worse, it's your younger sister," Chanyeol added and I gave a look of 'NOT HELPING'.

"That's your younger sister? No wonder Mino is going after her, she's cute," Sehun said.

It took a lot of self-control to not kick the maknae.

We all continued to see what was happening in front of us.

He walked up to her, tapped her shoulder, she turned around and bowed a bit to her sunbae.

"Oh! Annyeonghaseyo sunbae-nim," she bowed to him.

He then casually put an arm on the locker next to her's and instantly analyzing the situation Soojin put on an "if-you-hit-on-me-then-I-will-not-hesitate-to-decapitate-you" face.

"So," he casually started, "Do you need someone to guide you around the school, sweetie?"

Okay, now Soojin looked sincerely pissed about the fact that he just called her "sweetie".

"Sorry, but I would rather have someone who actually has a brain to guide me around the school," she replied sassily.

I'm so happy you used the thing I taught you to use to your advantage finally!

Mino, who obviously looked offended by her statement, "Okay, just wondering if you needed some help. And if you need some guidance I would be happy to help you," he winked then walked back.

Soojin looked like she wanted to ram that boy's face into a wall.

Soojin's POV:

That Mino dude really creeps me out. He continued to hit on me even after I sass-talked him! I swear if he tries to hit on me again. I would gladly break his face.

The first bell rang, signaling the start of the first period starting soon so I scurried to my next class, the required language all students have to take and I chose to continue to take Chinese to expand my fluency in it.

I sat down in the second row and got my stuff ready for class.

A quiet-looking boy entered the classroom and sat next to me.

DEAR GOD PLEASE DON'T HIT ON ME, ONCE IS ENOUGH.

"You're Baekhyun hyung's younger sister right?" he turned to me asking in accented Korean.

"Ummm. Yeah, if you're more comfortable talking in Mandarin I'm okay with it and, by the way, I'm Soojin," I told him switching to Mandarin.

He seemed to brighten at speaking (probably his mother tongue) Mandarin, "I didn't know hyung's sister knew Mandarin! Nice to meet you, you can call me Tao!" he said brightly in a tone that doesn't match his tough-looking exterior at all.

The class was simply just introductions and what we're supposed to be learning throughout the year, the typical first day of school.

Once classes were over I got went to my locker to collect my things before leaving.

After gathering my things and waiting for the rush of students trying to get home to die down. Once there weren't many people around I started throughout the hallways to the exit until I was stopped by something.

Or should I say, someone.

More than one might I say.

In the middle of it was who seemed to be a queenka who had so much makeup on that you would wonder how her face doesn't fall off.

She and her minions seemed to not be happy with something I did since they all appeared stank-faced or their faces could've just been made that way.

Queenka's never seem to have any variation from school to school, and trust me. I've dealt with them all.

"So, what's your name? So I can be sure to clearly tell the cemetery what to put on your gravestone," the head sneered.

She DID NOT just go there. She better has a good explanation for somehow "hating" me even though I literally stepped into this country for the first time in almost 8 years.

"The name's Soojin," I replied coolly.

"As I saw this morning, Mino oppa was talking to you?" she questioned.

"So? I barely even know him,"

"Let me warn you now, Mino oppa is mine and is the only mine so if you even look at him I'll be sure to take care of you," she said straightening her prissy little dress.

As if she'll be able to take care of me. May I remind you that I'm a third-degree black belt in Karate and she probably is such a priss that she would probably call someone else to do the dirty work for her.

"I'm not even interested in-" I tried explaining to her before she squarely punched me in the cheek. Her rings' dug into my skin and cut my cheek leaving a gash on my cheek.

Kris's POV:

Many odd things happen on the first day of school,

Seeing Baekhyun's younger sister getting punched in the face by one of the better-known brats of the school was one of them.

I have to give it to her since she didn't flinch at all or get knocked down by such a punch.

Seeing her punch didn't do much to the victim, that brat, Choi Ah-Young, huffed and walked away tailed by her minions.

Soojin was still standing there touching the cut on her cheek for blood and seeing how deep that brat's rings' went there certainly was.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

She gave me a puzzled look probably wondering why a complete stranger was asking her how she if she was okay or not.

"I'm one of your brother's friends, I'm Kris," I told her.

"So let me guess, he asked you to walk me home because of all of the possibilities that could happen to a girl at 4 in the afternoon," she said with her voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Yup, but first I think we should go to the nurse to get your cheek checked out. Who knew she could punch so hard?"

"I know! I thought she was just some brat who makes other people do her dirty work," she told me.

We walked to the nurse's office while talking and I learned about the fact that she lived in LA because she got into an art school there and how she lived in Chine for two years on an exchange program.

Once we arrived the nurse saw the injury and knew exactly who caused it.

"Choi Ah Young was the one behind this?" she asked and we nodded.

The nurse cleaned Soojin's cheek with antiseptic, causing Soojin to flinch a bit, and put a large bandage on her cheek.

"The cuts aren't deep enough to need stitches, but you should regularly wash it and change the bandage every day or so." she instructed.

"Okay, I will be sure to do so. Thank you," Soojin said with a bow.

Not until then did I notice how short she is.

Most Koreans girls were quite short and I'm pretty tall, but she's like at least a foot shorter than me!

I know Baekhyun was short, so I guess it runs in the family.

We walked out of the university and headed to the complex where she and Baekhyun were living.

God knows what will happen when Bakehyun finds out what happened...


CHAPTER 5

Baekhyun's POV:

"Hey Baekhyun, where's your younger sister and where’s Kris hyung?" Chanyeol asked voicing out the question that has been pounding in my head for the past 10 minutes.

"Maybe they are on a date~" Chen teased causing Lay's eyebrows to furrow, "a pretty girl like Soojin and a guy like Kris sort of just go together."

"I asked him to accompany her home, not take her to dinner!" I grumbled.

"AHA! So you wouldn't let any of us date her because you thought only Kris was good enough for her!" Chanyeol accused.

"What?!" I hit him on the back of the head for making such a ridiculous assumption,"I only wanted him to be with her on the way home since the rest of you pabos aren't scary looking enough since Tao is at his Korean lessons."

"Last time, I checked you were whining about how scary she can be if you wake her up. I know you are being a nice brother, but hyung but she's not a two-year-old," Kai said.

She may not be a two-year-old but sometimes her mentality is that of one....

After 5 minutes, Kris came in while dragging Soojin came in behind.

Wait.

GURL WHAT THE HELL IS ON YOUR CHEEK

Soojin's POV:

After being dragged into the apartment by Kris, all eyes were on us.

I just raised an eyebrow and started walking calmly towards my room before Baekhyun started, "Why did you take so long? What happened to your cheek? Don't tell me you got into another fist fight!"

Bruh, chill. I only got into a fist fight once and that was in LA.

"Hyung! When you kiss a girl you're not supposed to injure her!" Chanyeol teased.

SAY WHAT NOW.

I AIN'T GETTING KISSED BY NO ONE well maybe if Baek's dimpled friend offered to

NO ONE

I scoffed at his tease, "First of all, I didn't get kissed by anyone," I said, glaring at Chanyeol," and second of all, I got this bandage by walking into a pole during school so it's really nothing."

If Baekhyun hears the truth he probably will flip a table so I might as well lie to him.

"No," Kris started, I widened my eyes at him as if to mentally tell him ‘Baekhyun will kill everyone if he finds out.’

"That brat Ah-young punched her in the face and because of her stupid rings, she," he said, jabbing his thumb toward me, "started bleeding so I took her to the nurse and that is why we took so long."

I then quickly kicked the giant in the back of the foot causing him to screech in a not so manly way.

"GAH! Dear god woman, for a girl that's only 150 centimeters tall you can kick really hard."

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at me but when he actually thought about what he completely understood what Kris said...

Let's just say all hell broke loose.

"She DID WHAT?!"

"I never started it!" I explained in my defense,"She took it the wrong way when that moron, Mino, hit on me."

I cringed in memory of what happened that morning.

"Aish, that Ah-young girl sometimes goes too far," Lay mumbled.

Bruh, you should see the conceited brats from LAAPA and you'll think what's-her-face is harmless.

"Soojin, you should probably just stop talking to people altogether if you don't want things like this to happen," Baekhyun sighed. Finally, we got off of the topic of me getting punched in the face and starting talking about what normal people talk about (and let me tell you Baekhyun's friends are anything but normal)

PLEASE CAN WE DROP THE SUBJECT.

Thankfully Chen noticed my unease and moved on.

"Wait, since you're a piano major," Chen started, "and you play the piano, and you are Baekhyun's sister, and since Baekhyun's our frien-"

"Just cut to the point!" I snapped.

"If you do any major in the performing arts they make you take a mandatory semester of piano, so would you mind tutoring us?" he pleaded.

"Doesn't Chanyeol play the piano?" I asked.

"But since he's our friend we easily get distracted, since we don't know you that well it would be better for you to tutor us!"

We? Us?

WHAT'S WITH THIS USE OF PRONOUNS THAT PERTAIN TO MORE THAN ONE PERSON?

"You want me to tutor all of you?!"

I can't handle that responsibility!

If I didn't live with my roommate in school I would probably have died of doing something stupid.

"Dude, handling college is enough. I don't think I would have time to teach any of you," I told him.

"Anyways, she already agreed to tutor me since we're related," Baekhyun boasted.

"I did?" I looked over at him flabbergasted at his assumption of me doing something just because we came from the same family.

"It's getting late so I think we should be going. Don't forget that next week is the party!" Chen told us, leaving with the rest of my brother's bosom buddies.

"What party was he talking about?" I turned to Baekhyun.

"Every year a bunch of seniors throw this huge party on the first weekend of the school year and invite everyone except the freshmen. So you didn't hear any of this from me okay?"

"Yah sure, I really could care less about college parties," I assured him.

"Well, I have to go look for a job so I'll be back in an hour," I told him while gathering my things.

"Don't talk to any strange men!" he called out as I shut the apartment door behind me.

After leaving the apartment complex and stepping outside I walked along the sidewalk noting which café's seemed the busiest with customers at this time and if they were hiring. About a half a mile from the complex I arrived at a café that's name was spelled out in cream letters saying "Yang Yang Café".

Sheep sheep cafe?

They have quite a few customers but they aren't overflowing like Starbucks is, so I guess I should give it a shot.

I walked into the shop and went up to the counter where a tall handsome boy stood taking orders from customers and shouting the orders to someone standing in the secluded kitchen in the back.

I walked up to him while there no customers there.

"Can I have your order? Your number would help too," he said with a wink.

SOOJIN DOES NOT WANT TO BREAK HIS FACE SINCE HE HAS A RATHER NICE ONE.

"Um, actually I'm here to apply for-" I told him before I was cut off by him grabbing my hands and holding them up like they do in dramas.

"I knew it! It IS fate after all!" he exclaimed.

"Eh?"

"At the beginning of the month I got my palms read and they said that a pretty person would come to my workplace looking for a job and we would fall in LOVE!" he said putting emphasis on the "LOVE" part.

Due to my confused expression, he simply handed me a form to fill out to apply for the job.

Ok.... Name?

Byun Soojin.

Birthdate?

January 1, 1997

Occupation?

Student

If you are a student, list your current education and major.

Seoul National University.

Piano and Composing Major.

Well, that was easy.

"Here you go-" I stopped to look at his nametag, "Kyuhyun sun-".

"Don't worry Soojin you can call me oppa," he told me before I could finish my sentence.

"Uhhhhh, sure?" I think that was more of a question than a statement.

"Okay! You are accepted! You can go to the back and ask Wendy for an apron!" he said.

Well, that was fast.


CHAPTER 6

I went towards where Kyuhyun sunbae or should I say oppa was pointing and found a girl with slightly chubby cheeks who honestly doesn't look a day over 16 who I assumed was Wendy.
"Hi! I'm Wendy, as you probably know from my flirtatious coworker," she said, her smile turning into a look of disgust at the thought of Kyuhyun.

Glad I'm not the only who thought that.

The older girl introduced herself and I found out that she was a vocal major and a year older than me. I wonder if she knows Baekhyunthen again I hope she doesn't.

"Uh, Kyuhyun asked me to ask you for an apron?" I told her.

"Oh, here you go," she told me, handing me a black apron, "there isn't really a dress code for the staff here as long as it's comfortable and not too revealing you'll be fine." She led me out to the counter after I finished tying my apron and showed me the ins and outs of the cafe. She said that since I'm a newbie I can learn the basics of what you need to know while working here while before and after work hours so that I can actually work during the hours the cafe is open. Then I was introduced to Seokjin or as he likes to be called, Jin, a psychology major at Seoul National University. The tall baker that was the mastermind of all of the sweets that the cafe produces daily. Despite his tall appearance, he is very much a gentle giant and is kind to every person around him.

"Annyeonghaseyo! You must be the new person I heard talking to Wendy, I'm Seokjin, but you can call me Jin! I hope you enjoy working with us!" he told me with a bow.

"I'm Soojin, and oddly enough my older brother calls me Jin-jin, but you can call me whatever you want," I told him.

"Ooh, yay! I LOVE making nicknames for my coworkers! You see, I'm Jin, obviously, Wendy is Hamtaro because she looks like a cute hamster, and Kyuhyun hyung is Gumiho."

"Why is he Gumiho?" I asked, wondering why out of all of the names he could have he has the name of the Korean mythical creature.

"Because he looks like a fox but calling him 'yeou' would be awkward," he replied excitedly. I think I'll like this one.

"Okay... So what would my nickname be?" I cautiously asked him.

I swear if that oversized fairy nicknames me something that relates to me looking like Shin Se Kyung WHICH I DON'T I'm going to lose all of the faith I had in him.

"Ummmmm, we don't really know your personality very well, so when I am able to think of one I'll be sure to tell you!" he said before warmly smiling at me and getting back to frosting the mini-cake he was decorating.

"Also, Soojin," Wendy added as she handed me a clipboard with a pencil, "write down your contacts and an emergency contact just in case we need to reach you on this clipboard and also copy down our contacts so we can keep in touch."

"Okay," I replied as I wrote down all of their contacts and copied them into my phone under their respective nicknames.

"Soojin, do you have any culinary experience?" Jin asked me as he finished the final details on the cake he was about to put out on display.

"Not really, but I used to be a barista at this café for senior citizens and I'm the one who does the cooking at home," I said, trying my best not to sound stupid since I legitimately have zero experience with coffee except the semester I worked at a senior citizen day care as a barista for volunteer hours.

"Since you probably only know the very basics of being a barista, I'll teach you some tricks and stuff during your first week here," Wendy offered.

"Will(?)

She got a small steel pitcher out from the pile of clean dishes and filled the pitcher with milk and then put the steaming wand in the pitcher. She then gave the pitcher a firm tap on the counter, which Wendy explained was to get rid of any air bubbles in the steamed milk, and got one of the cups of espresso that she brewed earlier and started to demonstrate how to create latte art. She said that a steady, controlled hand is key kind of like in piano...

HAHAHA... Did no one get my pun? Because she said that a steady, controlled hand is key when making latte art and same with playing piano, and there are keys on pianos... Get it?

NO ONE UNDERSTANDS MY JOKES.

No wonder Baekhyun is considered the "funny" child in our family. But I'm not jealous that people understand his jokes... And I'm TOTALLY not being passive-aggressive right now.

"So how about you try it yourself?" Wendy asked.

"Ummmmm, okay."

"And don't worry about doing well, it's nearly impossible to do it perfectly on your first try."

Well, that's reassuring.

I first steamed the milk after waiting for the espresso to finish dripping, then I gently poured the steamed milk into the mug of espresso and made a somewhat lopsided fern-shaped design.

"Not bad for a rookie," Wendy nodded as she looked over my shoulder as I pumped my fist in victory.

"So what are my chances of being your co-barista?" I asked glancing back at Wendy.

"Probably not very high," I sighed as I stared at the cash register, numbers are so not my thing, "but," she continued, "with a little bit of practice you won't be too far from it."

I turned to see Jin snatch the latte and slurp it up, finishing it off and leaving behind a foam mustache.

"Free coffee is what makes the world go round," he commented as he tried to drink the last remnants of latte left in the mug.

"Hey! Don't you dare think that I'm just gonna let you drink that latte without making you pay, it's still made from the shop’s coffee beans and cream," Wendy chided as she wiped Jin's foamstache off with a clean rag. I noticed that as the older girl wiped it off a slight dusting of red appeared on Jin's cheeks. Was it because of pure embarrassment? Or was it because he has a crush on Wendy?

I know it's not my problem to into other people's business, but after reading Jin from the conversations we have had, he's so awkward I feel like that he won't be able to bring himself to confess to her. Wendy's a pretty girl and when I entered the cafe I certainly noticed that Wendy caught practically all of the males in the vicinity's attention. From now on, it is certainly my obligation to by any means help Jin win Wendy's heart. And imagine, they would look so cute together with Jin towering over Wendy. That's it, "OPERATION: JinTaro" is now in full swing.

After my first lesson from Wendy, she quickly reviewed with me how to use the cash register and then sent me off as the cafe closed at 8 PM. I ended up subtly confronting him since he once I noticed that we were walking in the same direction to go home.

"So... Jin," I looked up at him as we walked.

"Uh, Soojin, I don't think that I would be able to do it," He quickly replied without any sort of preamble.

Huh? Does he already know what I wanted to ask him about? I guess I really underestimated him.

"You know I wouldn't be able to be in any relationship with you but hopefully, we can still be friends... Um, is that how you reject a girl without getting slapped?" he quietly whispered the last part. The poor boy has such little experience in speaking with girls that he thought that I was interested in him.

He's definitely gonna need help in the "how to properly talk to girls" department. At least, he wasn't a jerk about "rejecting" me.

"Wait, oh no no no, I wasn't going to confess to you—" I started to explain.

"Oh my god, you weren't?! I'm so so sorry, that must be really embarrassing! It's just that normally, when girls that I don't know well approach me outside of work or school they always are after my family's money," he sheepishly apologized.

His family's money? Is he like a chaebol or something?

He noticed my odd expression and explained, "Well my parents kinda just happen to own Kim Jewelers."

"Yes, because it's completely normal for a 20-year-old boy to be the potential heir to one of the world's most successful jewelers."

"My hyung is the one who is the heir, my parents honestly don't care what I do in life as long as I'm happy."

"If only Kim Tan could have parents as awesome as yours'," I shook my head.

"Yeah, then the whole entire debacle with Rachel would be avoided," He nodded in agreement. I whipped my head to him, "You watch dramas?!"

"Is there something wrong with a guy enjoying the cheesiness and eccentric charm of dramas?"

"No, there isn't, it's just that my brother absolutely hates them—well, at least, when I'm watching them on the TV for some reason he watches them in secret in the comfort of his room—so I've been looking for a drama watching buddy."

"Aw that , we could like totally be drama chingus!" he high-fived me.

"Do you think Wendy is also a drama fanatic?" I innocently asked. He thought about it for a while before agreeing that we should invite Wendy to watch dramas with us too. Bingo.

"So, do you like Wendy?" I pressed.

"Yeah! She began working at the cafe around the same time as me, at the beginning of our freshman year of college so I've known her for about a year and she's really nice, even to the guys that hit on her—,"

Unlike someone we know.

"And she actually has a pretty sensitive personality-," I cut him off before he could finish.

"No no no no no no no, I mean, like like her?"

"Wait. What? No!" He hastily replied as his face turned a bright shade of crimson.

I took a step closer to him, "Your body language," I took another step, "says otherwise."

"Okay, well, I may have just a teensy little crush on her," Jin answered, his voice becoming higher as he said "teensy".

I raised an eyebrow, "It's okay if you do, but you're going to lose her to some knucklehead jock if you don't step up your A-game."

"A jock?!" he looked at me exasperated.

"What? Have you seriously not noticed the guys that constantly check her out? You need to make her fall for you and fast or some other guy is gonna sweep her off of her feet. And you know what I'm going to do about? I'm gonna help you?" I menacingly (well as menacingly as a 5"2' girl can be) poked his chest.

"Are you sure? You're a freshman, you should focus on school." He stammered, probably still surprised by the fact I was able to catch onto his crush so easily.

"I'm a piano prodigy for god's sake, I'll be fine," I brushed him off. He turned to me before he finally conceded as we continued to walk towards our current place of living.

"Wait, do you also live in the Sinchon apartment complex?" I turned to him, finally noticing that we've been walking in the same direction for a while.

"Yeah, I live on the seventeenth floor."

"Wow, what a coincidence! That'll sure make it easier for us to have our drama marathons!" I exclaimed as we arrived at the front doors of the complex.

"That's actually kinda weird because Wendy also lives on the seventeenth floor of our complex," Jin turned to me,"well, it was nice meeting and speaking to you Soojin, I'll try to come up with a nickname for you soon. See you tomorrow!" he waved.

"See you too!" I waved back as we both realized that we really did a terrible job in planning our adieu's to one another since we live in the same complex, on the same floor. After we both noticed, we broke out in laughter earning us strange looks from those we disrupted.


DISCLAIMER: This is for proofreading purposes only.


Thank you for submitting your story at my shop! Tell me your thought about the review in the comments below!