Chapter 37

Achievement Unlocked 2.0
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

‘I know you may think this could be the perfect opportunity to spark things again with my daughter but I hope you’re well aware that she got engaged out of love and that her future will be much better without you in it. I know you will understand my concerns as a mother and that when Sunny moves there I’d appreciate you keeping your distance from her.’

 

When Taeyeon went back to the kitchen, where Tiffany was still making dinner, she was fuming. She paced for a bit until Tiffany noticed and called her out on it.

“What’s wrong?” Tiffany asked, Taeyeon stopped on her tracks and faced her.

“You want to know what’s really wrong with ___?” Taeyeon almost yelled. Tiffany just nodded, taken aback by Taeyeon’s tone. “Sunny’s mom has been texting her, for about a week or maybe more, who knows.” Tiffany’s eyes opened wide. “Why didn’t she tell me?”

“Sunny’s mom?” Tiffany was confused. “Are you sure?”

“I’m pretty sure she’s the only person in the world worried about keeping ___ away from Sunny when she moves here.”

“How do you know?” Tiffany finished cooking while they were talking and was now in front of her, trying her best to calm her down.

“I saw the messages on her phone.” Taeyeon handed Tiffany her own phone, where she had sent herself screenshots of the messages before deleting them from your phone and blocking Sunny’s mom’s phone number.

“Let’s have dinner first and then figure things out, okay?” Tiffany suggested, Taeyeon sighed but nodded.

“Can we let Sunny know?” Taeyeon helped her set the table.

“___ can decide if she wants to tell Sunny or not.” Tiffany patted Taeyeon’s shoulder and then kissed the same spot, Taeyeon smiled. “Let ___ handle it for now, she’ll tell us if she needs us.”

“She won’t, I mean, she hasn’t yet and it’s affecting her work.” Taeyeon shook her head.

“When are you going back to work?” Tiffany tried to change the subject, and succeeded.

“Next week, we thought we had it all ready but there’s still a few things we need to set up so we can fully function as the restaurant we want to be.” Taeyeon explained with a smile on her face and a determination look. Tiffany knew that she was finally able to pursue her dreams and that made her feel proud and very happy for Taeyeon. “I’m going to be trying a few new recipes in the meantime so get ready to try something new every single day…”

 

 

You slept through the night and as soon as you woke up in the morning, the pain from the burns on your hand reminded you of what happened the day before.

Please log in to read the full chapter