Chapter 29

Achievement Unlocked 2.0
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It’s been two months since your break-up with Sunny. You haven’t seen each other since that day.

Sunny had been trying her best to focus on her studies, but her grades are slowly going down. Tiffany hangs out with her every week to keep an eye on her.

You put your best act at work but when you get home, you go to your room and try your best to distract yourself.





You were working the counter when Solar sat in front of you.

“Can you make me a coffee?” She asked with a yawn and you chuckled.

“Of course.” You turned around to make it. She glanced at Moonbyul who pointed at you with her head, Solar nodded.

She called out your name, and you hummed in response.

“Do you want to talk?” She asked when you turned around to place the coffee in front of her.

“About what?” You gave her a napkin and started washing the dishes.

“I don’t know.” She shrugged. “How are you?”

“I’m good.” You answered with a smile. “How are you?”

“I’m good too.” You both chuckled. “Have you seen Sunny late-”

“No.” You replied before Solar could finish her sentence and lowered your head, visibly sad.

You then put on a bright smile when you noticed a customer was approaching the counter. Solar patted your arm, silently apologizing for asking, and continued enjoying her coffee.



When you got home after work, you took a shower and put on comfortable clothes.

Just as you were exiting the bathroom, you saw Tiffany walking down the hallway. She smiled.

“Have you had lunch?” She asked, giving you a quick hug.

“Yeah, I did,” She parted the hug and frowned playfully.

“Don’t lie to me.” You pouted and she smiled. “Taetae left something for you in the fridge.”

“I’ll eat it later.” You noticed she was dressed up. “Are you going out?”

“Yeah.” You nodded. “I’ll be back in the evening.” She turned to leave.

“Wait!” She stopped. You went to your room and then went back to her with a wrapped gift on your hands. She smiled sadly.

“I bought it for her before... you know...” You gave her the gift. “You’re going to celebrate Sunny’s birthday, right?” Your eyes got teary.

“Don’t cry, ___.” She hugged you again. “Everything will be okay.”

“I know.” You sniffed and parted the hug. “Say happy birthday

Please log in to read the full chapter