Chapter 17

Achievement Unlocked 2.0
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The next Friday…

Right after work, Taeyeon drove you both to her parents’ house. Dinner was almost ready when you arrived and you both helped set the table.

During dinner, and after catching up with how your studies were going, Taeyeon’s dad told you the results of Mr. Hwang’s and his research about your scholarship.

He explained to you that the company closed due to a big mistake that made them go bankrupt and forced them to cease their work. He also told you that they covered your school bill.

“Now all you have to worry about is what you want to study in college.” Taeyeon’s mom told you as soon as Mr. Kim finished explaining everything.

“About that…” You spoke softly but got their attention. “I’ve been thinking and I’d rather work until I can pay for college.” Taeyeon glanced at you surprised while her parents just smiled. “If that’s okay with you.” You lowered your head.

“Anything you want ___.” You raised your head and smiled. “But if you decide otherwise, remember we can help you, okay?” You nodded.

“Now, enough money talk. Who wants ice cream?” Taeyeon’s mom asked. You both raised your hands, grinning at each other.

 

 

The next day…

When you both arrived at work, Solar told you that Moonbyul and Hwasa were in a conference and that she will be helping you wait tables until they come back in the afternoon.

Solar put you in charge of the counter. She figured you’d be faster than her getting the orders ready. She also enjoys talking to the customers and walking around more.

“Do you remember how to do it?” You asked Solar when you saw a couple walking in.

“Watch and learn.” She winked and walked around the counter only to stop and go back. “I forgot the notepad.” She stuck her tongue out to you and you chuckled.

While you were washing some dishes, Taeyeon brought a full tray outside and placed it on th

Please log in to read the full chapter