Eight

Push-ups
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was the weekend and Jinki had taken out the scrapbook, having remembered that a few pictures were peeling off. He began touching up, but ended up looking up at all the pictures again. Jonghyun saw him lost in the scrapbook, smiling to himself when he joined his husband, peeking at what had Jinki so engrossed.

 

Jonghyun smiled as well when he noticed which picture Jinki was looking at.

 

“He had started kindergarten then.” Jonghyun chuckled, “You should have stuck your picture too. Your expression was priceless.”

 

- “I show somethin’!” Taemin exclaimed the moment Jinki had entered the house, “Jinnie~ Come!”

 

Jinki let himself be dragged by Taemin’s little force and was led into the living room, where Jonghyun was already sitting cross-legged on the couch. Taemin made him sit beside Jonghyun before stepping away and standing in the middle of the carpet, “I show matrick!”

 

Jonghyun clapped in encouragement and Jinki followed, sitting back, interested in what his toddler had to show.

 

Taemin took out his toy cell-phone from his pocket and placed it on the coffee table, and then dashed away into the room, leaving Jinki confused.

 

There was silence for a few moments before Taemin came dashing back, faster than ever, and jumped on Jinki, shoving his plushie panda into Jinki’s face, “Gaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!”

 

Jinki was scared for a few seconds, but he somehow managed to hold onto Taemin and stop his waving arms. He let out a breath before turning to Jonghyun, who was having a hard time holding his laughter.

 

“How it?” Taemin grinned, showing his missing teeth.

 

Jinki thought a while, “Wow!” He exclaimed, ruffling his hair, “It was good, Taemin!”

 

“I show somethin’!” Taemin climbed out of Jinki’s lap and stood again on the center of the carpet, before starting to kick the poor ground in his attempt to throw kicks in the air and waving his hands (they were punches, most probably), going, “Haiyya! Haiyya!”

 

Jinki watched him stagger, fall but return to whatever he was doing, and the next moment he had his camera out.

 

Jonghyun had his face in the pillow, his body shaking in suppressed laughter.

 

When Taemin was finally done, both of them clapped, resulting in a very satisfied Taemin, who giggled before bowing, losing balance midway, but bowing successfully nevertheless. -

 

Jinki gently nudged Jonghyun with his shoulder, but nevertheless chuckled, tracing his fingers over the picture of a five year old Taemin, bowing.

 

 

Jinki flipped the page, “Oh, the aquarium!” He smiled, “That was my favorite Taemin toy.”

 

- The aquarium was a revolving bowl on a stand with lights within, making it look like the pictures of goldfish stuck inside were actually swimming. Jonghyun had bought it as a fancy bedlight for Taemin, but Taemin had burnt it out too soon, because he used to switch it on even during the day and the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter