Six

Push-ups
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Anonymous asked: I hope this is not too much but could you do a jongyu backstory? Like how they met and when taemin came along and tae calling them appa and jinnie? (p.s I’m in love with this au! I have read the drabble so many times ;;^;;)

 

It was the first day of the semester after spring break when Jinki met Jonghyun, more like collided into him in front of the coffee shop, when they both had tried to enter the queue at the same time. Jinki noticed his tired eyes below his overgrown pale blonde bangs and had let him go ahead of him.

 

They would have never met again if Jonghyun hadn’t overflowed on cream and managed to spill coffee everywhere while trying to fix his mess, including the perfectly white shirt Jinki had worn for his presentation that day.

 

After numerous apologies and it’s okays, Jinki found himself forced to head to the college dorm where Jonghyun lived, for a change of shirt because Jinki lived a 40 min ride away and nothing else was working out better than Jonghyun’s suggestion.

 

Jinki found himself in a shirt that was a size smaller, but perfectly white, and when he grabbed his tie, his face faded because he didn’t know how to tie it. His mom did it for him always, and he had sworn never to learn after failing a couple of times, because despite being a business major, he could not understand the purpose of ties at all.

 

When Jonghyun saw Jinki rolling up his tie and stuffing it in his bag, he said, “I can tie it for you.”

 

Jinki just blinked and Jonghyun just smiled, and Jinki found himself extending the tie towards Jonghyun, slightly flustered as he came and tied it.

 

He didn’t quite remember anything else after that, not unless he had left for his presentation.

 

He cursed under his breath, flustered as he realized he had ogled at Jonghyun shamelessly when Jonghyun was tying the tie; the fact that he had spotted a mole on his chest, knew his eyes were a warm, dark shade of brown, his full lips were slightly chapped, and he originally had black hair under that blonde mess of his hair, proved it.

 

When the presentation ended, he was totally satisfied with how it had went- he had nailed it.

 

And as he walked back to the dorms to return Jonghyun’s shirt, he had his mind all set to get his number as well.

 

 

Jonghyun was majoring in Digital Media and was also pursuing a minor in Modern Music, which explained his sloppy appearance for most of the days, especially on Mondays. But Jinki found it all cute, the little mismatches of his outfit, that strand that would be astray, that excessive minty smell of toothpaste mixed with his musky cologne, the slightly hoarse voice he greeted him with, hinting that Jinki was perhaps the one he spoke to first every morning.

 

Due to their schedules they could only meet in the morning. Jinki sulked when they couldn’t meet any other time, but Jonghyun would say, “Breakfast dates are the best. My day starts with you, no wonder I’ve been having only good days recently.”

 

Well, putting it like that, Jinki could no longer complain.

 

 

When summer break came, things went pretty fast, and only when it was the first day of Fall, Jinki realized what Jonghyun had become in his life.

 

He was getting ready for his first day again, and while doing so, he stopped and stared at his wardrobe a while, finding it half-filled with Jonghyun’s clothes.

 

Reminiscence put a modest smile on his face.

 

He was ready, the last thing he needed was the tie, but instead of fussing over it and troubling his mom like usual, he stuffed it in his bag.

 

 

“Wait.” Jinki whispered, breaking away from Jonghyun, whose lewd eyes gained a hint of confusion as Jinki began to fumble in his drawer. Jon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter