Twelve

Push-ups
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was after dinner time when Taemin was playing with his blocks while Jinki was finishing up with the dishes and Jonghyun was making coffee. The doorbell rang and Jonghyun was at the door, Taemin running behind and halting behind Jonghyun, holding onto his father’s leg as he peeked out at who was at the door.

 

Minho’s uncle was standing at the door and was speaking rather hurriedly and when the door closed, Taemin stepped out, finding Minho holding onto Jonghyun’s hand, his hoody all zipped up and hood on as he dragged in his little soccer-ball shaped suitcase.

 

“Minho!” He left his spot and hurriedly stepped towards the boy, wearing a bright smile, “You here!”

 

Jonghyun chuckled as he saw the two blabber a bit before Taemin dragged Minho inside towards the closet in the living room, to put his suitcase away.

 

“Jinki! Minho’s here!” Jonghyun called out as he walked into the kitchen and Jinki wiped his hands on his apron before coming out to greet them.

 

“The Chois are back?” Jinki inquired as he looked around for the kids, their trailing giggles hinting them to have ran off upstairs into the play room.

 

“It’s only Minho and his uncle.” Jonghyun answered, “The wedding is over, but they still had a couple of weeks they were gonna spend there. But his uncle had to be back for an interview early…Minho was being difficult and was insisting on returning...so his uncle got him back with him. He left him here because he had the interview early tomorrow.”

 

“Minho? Being difficult?” Jinki asked, a slight smile of interest growing on his face.

 

“Apparently, Minho was fine but then he grew quieter day by day, and just refused to go out and play with other kids there. One day he just started crying and he didn’t even say why for two whole days.”

 

“So...why was he crying?” Jinki asked, despite knowing the answer well.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter