Twenty-Seven

Push-ups
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

< from Anonymous: Noo that 18th birthday part sounds soo much like an end of the story ;; can i go back to kid taemin where they all are going to an exciting trip but something happens so parent jongyu decide to do it at home? Thank you. I really love this fic ;;^;; >
 



It was the end of the kids’ summer holidays and there was one thing still unchecked on Taemin’s holiday to-do list (that he had made with Jonghyun and which also consisted of chores along with kiddy fun stuff). The water park. They had been waiting for Minho to return from his family vacation so the kids could go together. Minho was back so Jonghyun and Jinki had started planning it out.


The water park was a long ride away and they had to start at dawn to avoid the long queues in the security check. Hence, to save time, Minho was staying over tonight so they could leave as soon as they can in the morning. Jinki had bought the tickets online and Jonghyun had returned early from work, having bought snacks and filling up on gas. Everything was prepared. They had dinner, the kids played a while before going to bed. Jonghyun was making some tea when Jinki called out to him, perplexed, “Jonghyun!”


“What happened?” Jonghyun asked, lowering the heat and peeking at his husband who had been doing something on his laptop since the past few minutes.


“They refunded our tickets.” Jinki turned to him and answered, looking tense, “All the parks in that area are closed for repairs this entire week.” He turned back to his laptop, “I got the email this morning…if only I had checked it right away we could have planned something else and had convinced the kids too…” He snapped his laptop shut, resting back, irritated, “Gosh, what to do now…”


Jonghyun thought a while, waiting for the tea to be done. He poured it out for both of them and settled beside Jinki, who had also been thinking.


“Do you wanna take them to the arcade, then? They have some rides for kids and even those bumper cars. We can get in with them on those things.”


“Water park was what we promised…so let’s save that refund for when the park reopens instead of spending that refund on an alternative. The arcade won’t keep them interested for long.” Jonghyun suggested, “What do you think?”

“You are right.” Jinki sighed, “The rides won’t even take an hour…and they aren’t old enough for the games.” He looked up at the ceiling, “But no matter what, we still have to explain to them that we cannot go to the water park. Gosh, my heart is breaking just by thinking about it. Those precious, fat tears…rolling off his puffed up cheeks…”


Jonghyun bit his lip, his heart twisting as well, “Don’t,” He said, closing his eyes, “Don’t describe it.”


Jinki sighed, turning to him. He took his cup from Jonghyun’s hand and snuggled closer, “Baby steps. Let’s switch off the alarms we set for tomorrow first.”


Jonghyun nodded, grabbing both their phones from the coffee table, swiping those 5 AM alarms off.

 



Jonghyun heard soft noises around him, but deeming them as auditory hallucinations, he turned away from the door, closer to Jinki, who wrapped his arm around him, snuggling closer as well. But he woke up a few moments later when there was a dip in the space behind him, small palms shaking his arm.


Taemin’s hushed voice came, “Appa,”


Jonghyun turned, softly pulling Taemin down to lie next to him, hugging him, “Is my Taemin hungry?”


“No,” Taemin said, and Jonghyun hummed, closing his eyes.


“Appa,” Jonghyun woke up to Taemin’s cold palm touching his cheek, “Appa we late forwaterpark.”


Jonghyun opened his eyes. He was now wide awake, hearing those words. He thought a while, Taemin’s head, “Taemin…” He began, “They closed the par

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter