Thirty-Eight

Push-ups
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

prompt posted at the end to not spoil the fun :3

 


When Jinki returned home after a week-long business trip, he was surprised that Taemin had finally taken a break from playing with his cars and had turned to a new game. He realized how and why Taemin was now totally into this "new game" of his because Jonghyun had been binge-watching a lot of cooking competitions shows that had been added on Netflix recently and Taemin had been totally drawn in because of how excited and engrossed Jonghyun got into them. Even Jinki had been watching them lately and hence it was all that they watched whenever they switched on the TV so it was no surprise that Taemin's new favorite game was being the chef and waiter of his pretend restaurant.

 

Jinki noticed as he passed by Taemin’s playroom that while he had been away, Jonghyun had indulged in Taemin's new game and had bought him little chairs and a table and toy vessels and a stove and fake food and everything else his little restaurant needed.

 

When Jinki had washed up and was resting on the couch, Taemin jumped beside him before hugging him and cuddling into him, clutching him tight as Jinki tickled him. "Jinniee stop~" He whined between his breathless giggling before he became all jumpy and excited and started with a grin "I make Jinnie dinner in my resty. Come~" And he started tugging at Jinki's sleeve until Jinki got up and followed him to his playroom.

 

Taemin’s other toys were arranged neatly and compactly against the walls because Taemin's stove, vessels, fake food, and the little four-seater table-chair set had been spread in the manner of a restaurant. There were blocks separating the kitchen and the dining area and there was Minmin at front of the door, a small chalkboard resting against it that read "minmin resty" In big words that were in a slanting line and the ‘e’ was reversed.

 

Jonghyun had stepped out to grab some necessities so that he could make the actual dinner for later tonight so it was only Jinki who was the customer of Minmin resty for now.

 

Taemin led Jinki inside and made him sit in one of the small chairs. Jinki looked at those forks and spoons and knives arranged in a very mismatched fashion and next he started watching Taemin “cook” in the kitchen– he was inserting his toy pancakes into a pot (with quite some difficulty as the pancakes and the pot were of the same radius) and stirred (poked) them with a ladle. Jinki almost laughed because that was definitely not how Jinki or Jonghyun made pancakes for Taemin. God knows what he was thinking when putting the pancakes into the pot. Jinki tried to think in Taemin's way and concluded that Taemin was gonna serve him “pancake soup” and he was proven right when Taemin jogged from his kitchen to the table, blowing and going "ssssss" pretending that the food was hot and then excitedly shouted, "I made pancakey soup!"

 

Taemin started to serve his “pancakey soup” to Jinki but since the pancakes were as wide as the pot, they were stuck in the pot and weren't coming out at all. He tried to use his hands to make the pancakes fall out after struggling with the ladle but they just weren't falling out. He pouted and knotted his brows before he banged the pot on to the table, which sent the pancakes flying and they fell near Jinki’s feet on the carpet. Taemin grinned nervously before he went "oopsie" and picked it up and put it in Jinki's plate before he pretended to pour some soup over the pancake.

 

Jinki pursed his lips, swallowing his laughter as he picked up the fork from the carpet (it had fallen down too) and he took a spoon too, using both he took a made-up bite of Taemin's dish and went "Mmmm, so yummy~"

 

"Wan more??" Taemin bobbed in his spot and Jinki nodded, "Please!"

 

Taemin took the pancake he had only shoved half back into the pot and placed it in Jinki's plate, "Injoy~" and he skipped back into his kitchen and started fiddling with the little cabinet below the stove which Jinki guessed was the oven

 

He came back with a plate full of squishy plastic vegetables, some of which rolled off the plate, trying to catch which, he entirely "spilled" the rest veggies on Jinki. Jinki helped him gather them all and Taemin pushed the plate towards him and bobbed on his feet again as he waited for Jinki to try it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter