Nineteen

Push-ups
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Anonymous asked: For the push ups series, can we please please get Taemin finally receiving the scrapbook on his 18th birthday?? And both him and Minho being mercilessly teased by everyone?


a/n: i'm not sure i did this justice ;;;;;;

 

Taemin’s eighteenth birthday was on a Saturday and both Jinki and Jonghyun had adjusted their schedules to keep the entire weekend free for their son. They woke up early, to make him his favorite pancakes and while they did, Jonghyun suddenly remembered that they hadn’t gotten him anything this year.

Jinki just hummed in response to his question and Jonghyun halted what he was doing to take a look at his husband, knowing something was brewing in his mind from the little excited smirk he was wearing. “You already planned it, didn’t you?”

“And I already told you about it. You just forgot.”

“No…you never told me anything…” Jonghyun scrunched up his nose, trailing off to confirm his claim, trying to remember if Jinki did tell him anything. A while later it struck him and he gasped, “Gosh, Jinki, not the scrapbook.”

“What~ It’s perfect.” Jinki grinned, “I asked Taemin to drag Minho over for the night after their lunch date.” He chuckled, “It’ll be fun.”

“Poor kids.” Jonghyun sighed.

“Stop it, you wanna see him react to it as much as I do.” Jinki bumped into him playfully and Jonghyun chuckled, giving in. Yeah, he couldn’t deny that.

 

 

After dinner that night, the four of them had settled in the living area, watching a movie Taemin had wanted to see for long. It was a thriller and Jonghyun was digging his nails into the couch, too engrossed (and on the edge) to notice Taemin cuddle into Minho, nor Jinki sneak out.

The movie suddenly paused and Jonghyun sat up, not liking the feeling that though he felt…unpleasant watching it, he really wanted to finish it. He looked around and found Taemin and Minho confused as well but right then Jinki walked out of their room and quietly snuck behind Taemin when he wasn’t looking and gently balanced a book on his head.

Taemin jumped a little but when he heard Jinki chuckle he grabbed onto the book on his head, “Jinnie?”

“Your present.” Jinki said, “You won’t get to keep it…yet…hmm how do I put it? As of now, we are granting you just the read-only privileges.”

Taemin just frowned in confusion, yet he brought down the book into his lap and opened it. Minho peeked over Taemin’s shoulder, shifting closer the moment he spotted a baby that looked a lot like Taemin.

“What??!!!” Taemin groaned, his face growing pink in embarrassment, getting pinker when he heard Minho chuckle and mumble, ‘cute’. He elbowed Minho, “Don’t look!”

“Come on, turn the page.” Jinki urged as he watched over, while Jonghyun sat on Taemin’s other side. Taemin obliged, his face burning as he turned the pages. Despite how embarrassed he was going to be, somehow he was interested to know what exactly this book held that it was his birthday present.

“His first fart,” Minho whispered, “Oh my god.” He started laughing and Taemin kicked his foot, shifting away from him.

“Why would you even record that?!” Taemin quickly turn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter