Twenty-Six

Push-ups
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

anonymous asked:

"Hi... For your push up drabbles.. Can you make a chapter where jongyu show their love and care towards Minho (kids) Thank you ^^"


This is more like Jonghyun showing his love and care towards Minho...I will try to do another one with Jinki (or Jongyu) ^^”

 

 

Minho had the flu so that meant he was on sick leave from school. But there was no one to take care of him for a few hours in the day as his father was out of town, his uncle had not returned from his trip, and his mother had tight work hours that week. His mother had asked for a few days off to take care of Minho but her request wasn’t approved for the days she had asked. Instead of going on leave right away she had to come in for one more day and that had left her stranded. She was on the verge of quitting her job because she didn’t like the idea of getting a babysitter (she was traumatized by some news she had seen about a babysitter killing the kids).

 

It finally hit her after pacing around in worry for the entire night…and she called Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun was leaving the radio station after having finished his midnight show and he halted at the door, worried, seeing Mrs. Choi’s caller ID flash on his screen this late.

 

“Hello? Jonghyun?”

 

“Ah, yes, Mrs. Choi!” Jonghyun sensed the tension in her voice, “Everything alright?”

 

“Minho’s sick and there’s no one to take care of him,” She began, “My husband and brother, both are out of town…and my leave was approved from tomorrow, not today-”

 

“I’ll take care of him,” Jonghyun answered right away, “Don’t worry, I can take care of him all week too if you can’t get a leave. I’d love to have him, so don’t worry, okay?”


Her voice was shaky but there was relief in her tone, “You’re really kind, Jonghyun. I am really grateful…I’ll drop him off before work and pick him up on my way back. Thank you so much.”

 

And that was how a sleeping Minho had landed in Jonghyun’s arms at 9 A.M. in the morning.

 

 

Taemin and Jinki had already left and Minho was still sleeping, despite wriggling in his sleep every now and then, his breathing off and faintly noisy because of his cold. Jonghyun checked on him every 15-20 minutes while he made some lunch. He had fallen asleep too after he was done but a loud cough woke him up. He straightened up from the couch and walked into his room (that’s where he had laid Minho down to sleep). Minho was still lying down, his eyes half open and his puffy cheeks having impressions. He coughed again and both his nose and brows wrinkled in the effort.

 

Jonghyun walked to him and sat by his side, his head, “How do you feel, Minho?”

 

Minho opened his mouth but shut it right after, nuzzling into the blanket as he nodded. Jonghyun understood that probably the boy’s throat hurt from the coughing and he was finding it painful to speak.

 

“Okay, then. Let’s freshen up~” He got up and gestured Minho to get up too. Minho obeyed, sluggishly sliding off the bed as he closely followed Jonghyun, bumping into his legs. Jonghyun chuckled, “You need a lift?”

 

Minho nodded shyly and Jonghyun picked him up, taking him into the bathroom for a warm bath.

 

 

Minho had been so obedient despite having the right to be not. He came out of the shower when asked to, let Jonghyun dry him up and changed into the pair Jonghyun had picked out from his bag. He even let Jonghyun blow dry his hair and also all over his body to make him warm without making a fuss and Jonghyun thought of Taemin at all those instances because Taemin would do quite the opposite.

 

Even if he was sick, Taemin would want to stay in the tub and not come out until he had played enough, he would want to dry and dress up himself and hence would shoo Jonghyun away only to shriek “Appa!” a couple of minutes later either because his head was stuck or his hair had dripped onto his clothes making them wet. He would run away when Jonghyun would bring out the hair drier and would shriek “Owwieeee!” Even if it was on the lowest speed.

 

Jonghyun chuckled to himself, pinching Minho’s cheek fondly on noticing his eyes closed, enjoying the mildly warm air of the hair dryer.

 

After he was warm and dry, Jonghyun gave him eggs and warm milk. He ate while slowly swinging his feet, having pulled up the hood of his hoodie, saying that his mom told him to keep his ears warm. Jonghyun gave him his medicine when he was done- two chewable tablets- which he ate without a fuss.

 

“Mister Jong,” He whispered after he had finished his medicine, his voice now better, and Jonghyun raised his brows at his call. He realized that Minho had never called him anything, and this was probably the first time he had addressed him with a name.

 

“Yes, Mister Minho?” Jonghyun asked back, gently grabbing him and pulling him into his lap and tickling him in the sides, making him giggle softly. The tickle had left a smile on his face, and he leaned on Jonghyun’s feet, “Can I play Taemin’s toys?”

 

“Of course!” Jonghyun smiled, “Go ahead.”

 

Minho dashed away into Taemin’s room and came running back after a while with the lego bag and some little cars. He settled on the carpet and Jonghyun pushed the coffee table to the side so he could have more space.

 

Jonghyun watched him play, his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter