Twenty-Nine

Push-ups
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Prompt from Blablastory: I love these drabbles so much!!! I always read them again and again. Could you write about grown-up 2min organizing a surprise date for very busy and tired jongyu, and maybe taemin being stressed because he wants everything to be perfect and minho being there to calm him?

a/n: I'm so sorry this is late, the prompt got lost and I found it again just recently ;;;;


 


 

Minho had borrowed Taemin’s notebook because he had missed noting the last problem in Math. He had been working on an alternate solution to the previous problem and by the time he was on the last one, it was solved and was being erased. Taemin was yawning before he peeked at Minho, who had only copied the problem and not the solution.

 

“Solve it later~” He whined, “I will send you a picture so you can compare at home.”

 

“C’mon, it takes no more than five minutes…” Minho finished up before he glanced at Taemin’s solution, “Phew! Correct.”

 

“Congratulations.” Taemin grabbed his bag that was resting on his chair leg and put it on his desk, beginning to pack all of his things.

 

“Taemin?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Why is tomorrow circled on the calendar page of your notebook?”

 

Taemin dragged his chair towards Minho and glanced at the orange highlighter circle he had probably drawn when he first got the notebook. He stared at it for a while before it finally struck him.

 

Tomorrow was his parents’ wedding anniversary!

 

“Wedding anniversary,” He answered Minho, “Appa and Jinnie’s.”

 

“Wow,” Minho smiled, “It’s good that tomorrow’s Friday.”

 

“Yeah.” Taemin smiled back.

 

 

 

In the morning when Taemin was getting ready for school, he closely observed his parents. Jonghyun was yawning, making coffee while Jinki was working on his laptop, on a call with a colleague who he had to go with on a meeting in a different branch of his office. Taemin remembered Jinki mentioning it was in the next city and though he could take the train, he was driving there because it was likely he might miss the train if the meeting went on for longer than expected.

 

Jonghyun had come home his usual time- between 2-3 A.M but he seemed more tired than usual- probably because he hadn’t slept until 5 A.M, preparing for his upcoming schedule. Taemin glanced at both his parents’ schedules stuck on the refrigerator when he was grabbing milk for his cereal and he realized that both of them had had a crazy week- with Jinki visiting different offices for meetings and Jonghyun preparing for the new shows he was doing weekly. There were no hours listed in Jinki’s box, but it had info on three meetings stuffed into today’s date. Jonghyun wasn’t working late that night but instead was doing three daytime programs- back to back from 2 P.M. to 5 P.M.

 

Taemin pouted. From what he saw, he could guess his parents had completely forgotten about their own anniversary because of how crazy their schedules were this week. He wanted to remind them but then he let it be, thinking maybe he could surprise them instead. Despite how busy they were...both of them were home for the night...and that was fortunate enough in itself!

 

The moment he had climbed onto the school bus, he began searching for Minho’s head and he found it, resting against the window, his eyes almost drooping. He waded in and sat beside him, entangling their hands and waiting for Minho to look at him.

 

“Good morning,” Minho whispered, smiling and Taemin beamed excitedly, “Help me plan a surprise for Appa and Jinnie. They forgot about their anniversary- I want to remind them with a surprise.”

 

“Nice idea, Taemin.” Minho raised his brows, slowly growing thoughtful. “What do you have in mind?”

 

“Nothing yet...but whatever it is, we have to set it up before 6 P.M. tonight. We leave school at 3 so that gives us 3 hours.”

 

“How about…” Minho began, “We decorate the house and make dinner, put some music on, leave their favorite DVDs on the coffee table...and you come sleep over at my house?”

 

“Wow!” Taemin gasped, “I like that. But dinner at home is a bit? Not special? They hardly get to go out.”

 

“You’re right. We can get them a reservation at a restaurant.”

 

Taemin took out his phone immediately at Minho’s suggestion, “I’m so glad you’re my boyfriend.”

 

 
 

They had picked a restaurant not far from home. Taemin remembered Jinki and Jonghyun look at its flyers in interest when it had opened a few months back. They hadn’t gotten a chance to go try it, so Taemin settled on that one. Minho had a free period so he had made a reservation and found out that the restaurant offered special services for occasions as well.

 

After school was out, Minho headed to Taemin’s house to get a head start on the cleaning while Taemin headed to the restaurant so he could set something special up for his parents.

 

Minho was done cleaning and was beginning to make coffee because Taemin had picked up some slices of marble loaf (his parents’ favorite) to go with it. They could relax over some coffee and cake in the evening and then could head for dinner at the reservation he made for 8.30 P.M.

 

Taemin quickly changed the sheets in his parents’ room, added dimmed, colorful lights and made sure the entire house smelled good. He placed the reservation details on their bedside table and walked out, grabbing his phone from the kitchen counter. He checked his group chat and saw from the exchange of the recent messages that Jinki was picking up Jonghyun on his way back because Jonghyun had dropped his car at the service center. Taemin smiled. It was good that they were coming together because then one didn’t have to wait for the other.

 

“They are on their way home.” Taemin grinned as he entered the kitchen, and began writing a note, which he left on the table, near the marble loaves he had bought, “Maybe five more minutes until they get here.”

 

Minho poured the coffee into a thermos and put it beside the cake Taemin had set on the coffee table, quickly grabbing mugs as well, “Then let’s get ready to get out of here.”

 

Taemin chuckled, “Yep, let’s.” He quickly grabbed his bag and packed some stuff before he joined Minho, who was waiting at the door. They walked to the bus stop and started waiting for the bus to Minho’s residential area. About five minutes later, Taemin saw Jinki’s car turn onto their s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter