Chapter 5

A Lot Like Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I sat on one of the chairs inside the restaurant near my university. Daehyun fetched me at the front gate of Seoul National University with his car. He said that he decided to bring his car because he didn’t want someone to see and recognize him. I sighed as I glanced at Daehyun who was eating his food in front of me. He ate his food calmly while I was feeling nervous since last night because of that stupid checkered shirt. I didn’t have a proper sleep last night and I even got scolded from Mr. Choi in today’s class because I was so deep in thoughts.

“Ana? Are you okay? You don’t look well.” I snapped from my thoughts as I heard Daehyun’s voice.

“I’m okay Daehyun. I'm just thinking about something. Don’t mind it though.” I smiled at him. “So how was the photo session on the last Sunday?”

He looked a bit hesitant for a while then he finally nodded his head. “It was so fun as usual because the boys were always doing something hilarious. When we were in the photo shoot set, Junhong and Jongup were playing around with a bucket and Jongup’s head was stuck in it.” Daehyun laughed wholeheartedly. I also laughed with him. He kept telling me funny stories about BAP and I didn’t know how many times I laughed at it. Daehyun was indeed a good friend and I liked being around him. I forgot about that damn shirt for a while though. Well I shouldn’t think much about it at the first place. I could buy a new shirt which the same like Taehyung’s and case would be closed.

“How’s your college so far? It’s going smoothly right?” Daehyun asked me while munching on his food.

“Yeah, it’s fine but I already had some assignments to do.” I sighed. “You have schedules tomorrow?”

“Yes, we’re going to have a recording and some dance practices. BAP is going to make a comeback next month!” He said excitedly. “By the way have you heard our songs?”

“Wow, good luck for the comeback. I know BAP will slay it!” I lifted my thumbs at him. “I’m sorry. I haven’t listened to any BAP‘s songs. But you can recommend me some of the songs and I’m going to listen to them later.” I smiled at him. To be honest the last time I listened to their songs or any Kpop song was last year.

“What if I sang one of my favourite BAP’s song? The song title is ‘With You’.” Daehyun smiled and he began to sing.

While he was singing the song, his eyes were never left mine. The song was so sweet. I felt my eyes began to close and I enjoyed listening to his soothing voice. I can listen to his voice till forever. When he finished the song, I opened my eyes slowly then clapped my hands.

“Woah as expected from the almighty main vocal Jung Daehyun!” I still clapped my hands and smiled widely at him.

“This is the first time I sang a song live in front of a girl who’s not my fan you, know? You should be happy.” He chuckled.

“Why should I be happy? You’re not my idol though.” I laughed. “I was kidding. But I have to say that you really have a beautiful voice.” I praised him then smiled.

“Well, thank you. At least you’re smiling again. You look better when you’re smiling than when you’re frowning like a while ago, okay?” He grinned. Okay it made me remember about that stupid shirt again.

“Uhm Daehyun? Can I ask you something?”

“Sure! Go on. What is it Ana?”

I took the checkered shirt from my bag and I showed it to him. “This is my friend’s shirt and I accidentally burned it with the iron. So, do you know the store which sells this kind of shirt?”

 

 

 

I pressed the bell of the room 702. After lunch, Daehyun accompanied me to the clothes store that sells man stuffs. Fortunately, I found a black and white checkered shirt which exactly the same like Taehyung’s. All thanks to Daehyun, he helped me a lot. After I bought the shirt, Daehyun took me back to my apartment. He was indeed a good friend.

I already cut the price tag from the shirt and re-ironing it again neatly. This time I was ironing it carefully, I didn’t want to cause any troubles again. I also didn’t want that stupid Kim Taehyung to know that I bought a different shirt because I just burned his old one. If he knew I didn’t give his original shirt he probably would be mad at me.

The door of the room 702 finally opened and it revealed Hoseok.

“Ana-ssi! What’s wrong? Do you need any help?” He asked cheerfully.

“Is Taehyung-ssi inside? I just want to give it to him.” I showed the folded checkered shirt to Hoseok.

“Ah he’s inside. The rest of members are also here. We don’t have any schedule for today. Come in Ana-ssi, I should introduce you to Jin hyung, Suga hyung, and Jimin. You haven’t met them yet right?” I just nodded and followed him inside the room.

“GUYSSS! Look~ who’s visiting today~” Hoseok shouted cheerfully.

“Yah shut up hyung! It’s definitely manager hyung who comes to vi---” I saw jimin looking at us and he gasped. “Oh my god! She’s the pretty girl at the café!” Jimin squealed and he walked to me. “Hello, you must be Ana-ssi right? The new neighbour who live in the room 701? I’m Park Jimin.” He offered his hand and I took his hand while smiling.

“Hello Jimin-ssi. I’m Ana, it’s nice to meet you.” I said to him but he still held my hand tightly while smiling. Suddenly Taehyung appeared out of nowhere and he pushed Jimin until he released my hand and almost fall on the floor.

“Yah Kim Taehyung! What’s your problem?” Jimin glared at Taehyung.

Taehyung just shrugged and he turned his attention to me.

“Do you bring my shirt right? Give it to me.” He offered his right hand at me and I placed his shirt on his hand. He took it and he unfolded the shirt to check if the coffee stain was still on it or not. I gulped nervously. I hope he didn’t notice that it wasn’t his shirt.

“Well you did a good work. The coffee stain was gone. You’re forgiven.” He shrugged and turned his feet to walk away but he immediately stopped at his track when I said. “You’re welcome.”

He turned his body back to me and said. “What? You’re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter