Chapter 20

A Lot Like Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Before Sunrise? Seriously? You should watch it together with Yongguk hyung instead of watching it together with us, noona.” Youngjae rolled his eyes.

“Why? It’s a good romance movie! Right guys? Who wants to watch it, raise your hands please?” Mina asked as she raised her own hand.

Yongguk raised his hand as well and he said. “Whatever movie that you chose, I’ll surely watch it with you.” He winked at Mina while wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

“Yucks! Just get a room you two!” Himchan whined and we just laughed at him. I also raised my hand even though I already watched that movie two times.

“If Ana wants to watch it, then I agree to watch it too.” Daehyun raised his hand as he smiled at me. I just smiled at him in return.

“Yah hyung what’s wrong with you? Don’t you hate romance movies? But why do you want to watch it suddenly?” Youngjae eyed him suspiciously. Daehyun just shrugged his shoulder and he chuckled slightly.

BAP, Mina, Yoojin, and I were in the BAP’s dorm. After we had dinner together we were debating what movie that we should watch. Jongup and Junhong wanted to watch Star Wars, Youngjae, Himchan, and Yoojin wanted to watch a horror movie which was The Ring and in the end I and Daehyun agreed to watch the horror movie as well. So we ended up watching The Ring and Mina couldn’t stop pouting and complaining endlessly till the first hour of the movie because she failed to watch Before Sunrise. Yongguk kept comforting her and telling her that he would do anything to make it up later. I smiled at how beautiful their relationship was. I was kind of envied their relationship because they were just too sweet with each other.

I randomly had Taehyung’s face was flashing in my mind. I remembered his sweet gestures whenever we were together in the public or when we were spending the night together at the rooftop though. I also remembered his silly acts and the last thing he did to me in the outside of the backstage room when I came to the music show. If Taehyung had a real girlfriend, would he do something sweet like that to her? That Joy girl was really lucky for being his ex-girlfriend and she just cheated on him like that? I can’t believe it. I smiled in secret as I placed my hand on my left face, the spot which was touched by Taehyung’s hand three days ago.

I always asking myself why my heart was beating so fast since then but I still didn’t find the answer until now. What is he doing at this moment? Is he practicing for the comeback? It will be started by the next week and wait--- our fake relationship will be ended in next week too. I frowned at the thoughts. I didn’t know why I was suddenly feeling like this. Isn’t it what you want Ana? To end this fake relationship quickly?

“Hey.” Daehyun suddenly nudged me from the side. I backed into reality and I turned my head toward his voice. “Are you okay?” He asked me and I heard a horror screaming voice from the TV. The movie was still playing and I just realized that I hadn’t even watched it for the past ten minutes because I was to absorb with my thoughts about Taehyung.

“I’m okay Dae, I’m just a little bit sleepy.” I smiled at him. It’s true, I felt sleepy and tired. I just finished my ton of assignments before I came here.

“I think so, because I saw you were just staring into spaces. You didn’t even flinch when the ghost appeared on the screen.” He chuckled at me. Once again I heard screaming voices and this time it wasn’t from the movie but it was from Himchan, Junhong, and Yoojin. Daehyun looked at the clock and he turned his face to me. “Shall I bring you back to your apartment now? It’s almost midnight already.” He stood up from his seat and he walked toward the desk to grab something.

I just nodded my head as I followed him to stand up. I looked at my surrounding and I saw Mina was hiding her face on Yongguk’s chest when the scary scene was appeared on the screen. Youngjae and Jongup watched the movie with serious faces. Then Himchan, Junhong, and Yoojin couldn’t stop screaming every second.

“I’m going to haunt you in your sleep---” Someone whispered in a low horror tone right in front of my left ear and I yelped loudly in surprise. Daehyun laughed loudly because he was success for making me shocked.

“Yah how could you that to me? That’s not even funny Dae, I hate you!”

“I’m sorry and I like you too.” He smiled but he cleared his throat when he realized what he just said just now. He then faced the rest of members to excuse us back to my apartment. “Guys, I think it’s too late so I need to bring Ana back to her apartment.”

Youngjae and Jongup just raised and waved their hands, signalling they were okay with Daehyun’s words but their eyes were still locking at the TV screem. While Himchan, Junhong, and Yoojin were too busy screaming to reply Daehyun’s words. Yongguk just said a simple “Okay Dae, take care of her. It’s almost midnight. Be careful guys.”

“Daehyun you should bring her back safely to her apartment or else--” Mina gave a warn at Daehyun but she shrieked and hided her face right away on Yongguk’s chest when she heard a scream from the movie. “Aish I already told you guys that I really hate this stupid horror movie!”

I just shook my head at the sight and let a slight chuckle then I bided them a goodbye.

 

 

 

We were on our way back to my apartment and I could see the road was still a bit crowded with cars, it’s Saturday’s night anyway. My phone was vibrating in my pocket and I took it right away. There’s a kakao chat arrived from Jungkook. He sent me a picture of the seven members of BTS in the practice room. They were all smiling widely in the picture yet they looked sweaty and tired. “We are in the middle of practicing noona! I bet you’re already sleeping now. Wish us luck for this comeback okay?” I smiled and I zoomed in the picture to look closer at a certain someone. Taehyung was grinning widely with his signature square smile. He looked sleepy and exhausted. They are working really hard. Don’t push yourself too much guys.

“Okay so we already arrived.” Daehyun said as he was stopping his car in front of my apartment building. I immediately closed the picture that Jungkook sent to me and I locked my phone swiftly. “I need to park it first so I can bring you back to your own room.” He smiled at me and readied to drive the car toward the parking lot but I held his arm in reflect.

“Nah it’s okay Dae. I can walk alone by myself to my own room.”

“Okay if you said so.” He paused for a while and he asked me something in a nervous look. “Can I ask you about something?”

I bit my bottom lips as I nodded awkwardly but I smiled anyway. “Yes sure you can Dae.”

“Uhm I just want to ask you about your fake relationship with Taehyung, is it okay with you?” He asked me carefully. I sighed in relieve, I thought he wanted to ask me about my answer for his confession. I nodded once again as I let a small smile, signalling him to continue. “When will it be ended? Isn’t it three months already?”

“It will be end on next week Dae.” I answered shortly, I didn’t know why he suddenly asking me this kind of question.

“Well okay then.” He grinned at me happily and he continued. “And I want you to call me Dae with oppa from now on.” Wait what? I nearly chocked on my own saliva. “Because you call the members who are older than you with oppa, why don’t you call me by that too? I’m older than you, you know.” He pouted at me acting mad.

I let a chuckle then I said. “Okay Dae--ah I mean okay oppa.” I saw he was grinning widely and I continued. “Aish the word oppa doesn’t suit you Dae!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter