Chapter 1

A Lot Like Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I just landed safely at Incheon Airport thirty minutes ago. If I were here a few years ago, I would like to scream my lungs out because of the excitement. But here I was, I just plainly sighed every minute.

I looked at my surrounding, I was already in the city I was the most avoid to visit. It was not like I hated South Korea especially Seoul, a lot of my friends who visited here told me that Seoul was indeed a beautiful city. So the main reason why I avoided to come here was I had a kind of trauma toward Korean people. Well, not all Korean people, it was more like a certain someone. However, I already moved on from that bad accident though, it had been a year already. And at this age (which is I was turning 22 this year), I should become to be more mature person. So, I had no choice besides letting go the bad past.

Well why I was here in the first place? I just had been accepted for two years scholarship at Seoul National University. Sounds cool right? Actually, I just graduated six months ago from my previous university in hometown, Singapore, then my parents told me to get my master’s degree overseas which I ended up here in Seoul.

"Okay, Seoul is too big. Like I would bump into them in this big city. I already move on from that accident though, it's already been a year." I talked to myself then I shrugged away the negative thoughts.

 

 

 

As I walked to the exit of the airport, I heard someone called my name. I saw two girls approaching me. Ah that must be my cousin’s friends.

“Oh hello, by looking at your face you must be Ana-ssi right? Ryan sent me your photo and you look more beautiful in real life.” Asked the girl which I assumed older than me.

“Yes, I’m Ana and you must be Kang Mina-ssi right? Thank you so much for fetching me here” I bowed to them.

“It’s okay Ana, you don’t need to bow like that. Just drop the formality, you can call me Mina unnie too if you want.” Mina said then smiled at me.

Ryan was basically my cousin. Mina was one of Ryan’s best friends back then when they studied in the same university here in Seoul, Korea University. Ryan moved here when he was 19 years old to study at Korea University and he already graduated two years ago along with Mina. Because I didn’t have any relatives nor friends who lived here in Seoul, Ryan just asked for her favour to guard me while I was living here for the next two years.

“Ah I brought my best friend too, she’s Kim Yoojin. She’s in the same age as yours and she’s also attending Seoul National University for her master’s degree!” Mina introduced the girl whose name Yoojin to me.

“Hello Ana-ssi, nice to meet you. So, you’re attending Seoul National University too right? I heard from Mina unnie you’re taking International Business major. It’s a shame we’re taking different major but it’s okay, at least we’re in the same university so I hope that we can hang out more in the future.” Yoojin said while giving me a warm smile.

“It’s nice to meet you too Yoojin-ssi. Wow I’m so happy that I already met another fellow student from the university. So, which major you’re taking Yoojin-ssi? Yes, I hope that we can get along very well too.” I asked and smiled back to her.

“I’m taking Law major Ana-ssi beca—“ Yoojin said but Mina cut her off.

“Okay okay enough with the introduction. You guys can chat later okay? I bet Ana is hungry right now, so what if we go to the restaurant to grab some lunch?” Mina offered and I just nodded my head then we started to walk toward the exit door.

 

 

 

After I had lunch with Mina and Yoojin, the taxi drove me to the next destination which was an apartment building that I would be living for two years. Yoojin had something to do so she couldn’t come with us but I was glad that Mina still accompanied me.

Okay since this was my first time in another country, I really hate to be alone. However, in the next day I should be more independent, I didn't want to bother Mina and Yoojin much to accompany me here and there.

“Ana, are you sure it’s the right apartment?” Mina carefully asked me.

“I think so unnie, the address is in my phone. What’s wrong?” I checked the address in my phone once again.

“Oh my god! I swear to God if Yoojin knew you’ll live here, she would die of jealousy!” Mina shouted in excitement.

“Jealous? Because of what?” I confusedly looked at her.

“Eh?” She began to awkwardly laugh. “It’s nothing Ana. Yoojin always wants to live here because she said that the rooms here are so classy and have a great view at night.” Mina chuckled at her own answer and I just shrugged it off.

“Ah I see. So c’mon unnie I think we should go to the lobby first and find Mrs. Lee who owns this apartment building.”

When we started to walk into the lobby, Mina’s phone was ringing.

“Hello, yes?” Mina asked someone from her phone. “What? What did you do this time Jaehyun?” She paused for a while and I could some whines from the other line. “Aish I know I know okay I get it. I will be there in ten minutes so don’t go anywhere.” Mina hanged up the phone then she sighed. “Ana, I’m so sorry, my brother just called me and he had a problem with his school. I’m sorry I can’t accompany you to your room.” She said and I could see the guiltiness on her face.

“Oh it’s okay unnie, really. I’m the one who should say sorry because I took your time today. Your brother needs your help so don’t make him wait.” I smiled at her.

“Okay if anything happened, don’t hesitate to call me okay? When you already got in your room you should text me right away too, yes?”

“Alright alright I got it. Okay unnie you should go and thank you for accompanying me today.” I chuckled. We bid goodbye to each other then I entered the lobby of the apartment.

 

 

 

My new room was in the 7th floor of the building. When I got here inside my new room, I couldn’t help but felt mesmerize at it. So Mina and Yoojin were right after all. My room was simple but had a classy feeling. It had four main rooms which were bedroom, living room, and dining room plus the kitchen, and also a toilet. My new bedroom had a queen size bed in the middle of the room, a nightstand beside it, a cupboard, and a desk. There’s also a private bathroom inside my bedroom. In the living room there were two sofas, a coffee table, and a flat TV. As for the dining room and the kitchen there are a stove, a fridge, some cabinets, a sink, and a set of dining table. This room was also had a washing machine which was so cool! Ah I forgot about the balcony. There’s also a balcony which led to the beautiful view of Seoul city. I would like to thank Ryan for all of these, because he just made the right decision to choose a great apartment.

"Okay Ana-ssi I hope you will be enjoying your new room. If you have any question or there's something that you want, you can call me right away. You already had my phone number right?" A woman who looked like in her forty was asking me while smiling as we walked outside my room.

"Yes Mrs. Lee I already had your phone number and thank you so much for your help." I smiled back to her.

"Oh right I forgot to tell you. There's 4 rooms to be exact in this 7th floor. The room 704 at the corner belongs to Mr. and Mrs. Park. The opposite of it, the room 703 is Miss Byun's room, she's a business woman so she rarely at home." Mrs. Lee tried to explain the rooms of my new neighbours.

"And the opposite of your room." She pointed to the door which written 702 across mine. "Well seven boys are living there." She said.

"Wait what? Seven boys?" I suddenly said it out loud.

"Yes, but trust me they aren't noisy, after all they're public figures so they're well mannered and very kind. You don't have to worry." She ended the explanation.

"Ah I see." I said to her while smiling outside but in fact that I'm so worried inside. What if the seven boys that she's talking about are them? Okay I’m exaggerating. I should stop thinking of them and stop relating stuffs to them.

"Yeah besides that they're all friendly too, maybe you can be friend with them. I think your age is aroun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter