Chapter 2

A Lot Like Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

My phone was ringing loudly for the past fifteen seconds. I groaned and reached my phone on the nightstand beside my bed. I slide the green button immediately without seeing who’s calling me at this hour.

“Hello” I said with a sleepy voice.

“Hello cutie pie.” A guy said on the other line. By the annoying voice I could tell right away who’s calling me at this moment.

“What the hell do you want Ryan? You just ruined my sleep!” I screamed in irritation.

“Whoah whoah easy there my lovely cousin. Isn’t it already 10.00 am there in Seoul? Why are you still sleeping at this hour you sleepyhead.” He chuckled.

“Whatever. If the main reason you’re calling me right now is only to annoy me then I’m hanging up.” I was ready to hang up the phone but he stopped me to do it.

“WAIT! I want to talk about your text last night okay? I already slept last night so I couldn’t reply it. So what is the reason of your sudden urge to change the apartment? You just moved there yesterday for the God’s sake!” I abruptly opened my eyes after heard his screams. Uh oh I know he’s mad right now. It couldn’t be good.

Yes, after my encountered with Jungkook last night, as I arrived at my room, I immediately told my cousin that I want to live in another apartment. I might sound childish and ungrateful but what should I do? I wanted to be far away from them as far as I could. But hey Ana, weren’t you already moving on from that accident? It’s been a year so why were you still acting like this? You were mature enough to let the past go.

“Well yeah. I’m sorry I felt exhausted last night, so I didn’t know why I told you that I want to live in another apartment. This room is great, I feel comfortable here. I just suddenly felt so emotional last night when I met Ju….” Crap. What the hell I was trying to say.

“You met who?” Ryan asked. I closed my eyes tightly then I sat up on my bed. I almost blurted it out. If Ryan knew that those guys were living across my room, I was 100% sure he would immediately find me another apartment. Isn’t that what you want Ana? Yes, but no. I always reminded it to myself: “Don’t bother people too much. You should handle the situation by yourself Ana. Isn’t your goal to be an independent and strong woman? So act like one.”

“Ana? You still there?” Ryan’s voice startled me.

“Ah yes I’m still here and yeah last night I met cockroach on the stairs, I got shocked and I almost fall down.” I nervously laughed, hoping my cousin to buy my lie. But it’s silent on the other line. I couldn’t hear Ryan’s voice anymore. Don’t tell me he doesn’t buy my lie and already suspected that I met one of---

“So because you met cockroach, you want to move to another apartment? Why are you so cute Ana?” I took my phone away from my ear because of his loud laughter. Jeez I can be deaf.

“Listen Ana, it’s difficult to find a room for two years in Seoul. My previous apartment when I was studying in Korea University back then was too shabby and I knew you won’t feel comfortable living there so that’s why I didn't recommend it to you. Second, my friend told me that your apartment is near your university and it’s the safest place in Seoul so I don’t have to worry. Third, your apartment is near from Mina’s too. Fourth, my friend also said that your apartment is comfortable for a girl who’s living alone. Besides the owner of the apartment building is his mom’s best friend too.” He ended the explanation.

Okay I felt bad now. I already bothered too much people, but I didn’t feel thankful toward them. I should be thankful that my cousin and his friend put so much efforts to find this apartment but here I was being selfish.

“Right Ryan, I’m sorry okay? Thank you so much for your efforts, I really appreciate it. This apartment is perfect to me. I don’t know why last night--- I mean-- I just-- I think already miss home.” I reasoned.

“It’s okay Ana. I was like that too in the first day I lived there. Good luck with your study okay? If anything happened, don’t bother to tell Mina or Mrs. Lee. Of course, you can call me anytime too.” He softly said to me. I was so thankful that I have precious people around me. “And try to fix your phobia with the cockroaches soon. You know, me and your brother aren’t there so no one can’t protect you from it.” He laughed wholeheartedly.

“YAH! I SWEAR I’M GONNA KILL YOU WHEN I CAME BACK TO SINGAPORE!”

 

 

 

After I took a bath and had a late breakfast or an early lunch, I started to unpack my stuffs. I already unpacked a half of them last night though. It’s Sunday and for today I think I would spend my day at my room. Mina has texted me that tomorrow she and Yoojin would accompany me to Seoul National University to settle the things regarding my study there. Yeah I had a week off before my college started. It would be starting on the next Monday.

My phone suddenly rang. I saw it and it showed that my best friend, Jinnie, video called me. I answered it and Jinnie’s beautiful face appeared on my phone screen.

“Hello there pretty! What are you doing now? I miss you already, you know?” She pouted.

“Tsk, it’s just yesterday that you sent me off from the airport and you already missed me? Wow so you can’t live without me, right? Just admit it.” I mocked her.

“Shut up Ana! But I still hope that I can go with you there. It’s my biggest dream to live in Seoul anyway. Too bad I don’t have a nice brain like yours.” She whined. “So how was your first day there? There are a lot of cute guys, right?” She asked while giggling. I rolled my eyes. Aish this girl, really.

“You can try another scholarship, I know you can do it Jinnie. And about my first day here? I think it’s fine. And no, I didn’t find a cute guy at all.” I shrugged.

“Yeah yeah yeah, I already tried it thrice but I always failed. Ah never mind, I won’t try it again. I will go there only for a vacation later.” She said to me while smiling. “And how come you haven’t met cute guys? There’s a lot of plenty Korean cutie guys there!” She giggled.

Okay. I couldn’t stand it anymore. I should at least tell someone about this, I couldn’t keep it by myself forever. Jinnie was my best friend since we were in the elementary school after all. We went into the same middle school and high school, but we went into different university. We were like twins, we understood each other so much. On the other word we’re inseparable. We never hided any secret though because we believed each other very well.

“Jinnie.” I sighed.

“What is it Ana? Is there something wrong? You know that you can tell me anything.” She looked worriedly at me on the screen.

“But promise me you’ll never tell my parents, my brother, and even Ryan about this.” I warned her.

“Well I don’t know, it depends.”

“Okay. I won’t tell you then.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter