Chapter 19

A Lot Like Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The weekend had finally arrived. I was glad today was Saturday so I could have more time to lay on my bed. I yawned as I sat on my bed and I began to remember the conversations with Daehyun two days ago when we had dinner together in my apartment room.

 

“How can I do that? I can’t stop worrying you because I care a lot for you Ana.” He confessed as he looked straight into my eyes. “I care a lot for you because you’re so important to me.” What?

“But Dae, you don’t ha—“

“Do you want to know why are you so important to me?” He cut me off with a question but I kept silent on my seat. I didn’t know where this conversation was leading into, but the next thing that he said was enough to give me a heart attack. “Because I like you Ana.”

I blinked my eyes repeatedly at the guy who’s squatting in front of me. Did he just say he likes me? Did I hear it right? I snapped from my thoughts when I heard Daehyun cleared his throat.

“I think I shouldn’t have to say that.” He chuckled and he smiled at me. “But I have no regret at all Ana, it’s true. I like you. I’m sorry if my sudden confession makes you uncomfortable. I just want you to know about my feeling and yeah I’m not expecting you’ll return it.”

I didn’t know how to react about it. I just kept silent on my seat with Daehyun was still smiling sweetly in front of me. Just say something Ana! I cleared my throat and I said. “It’s okay Dae. I just don’t know what to do in this situation.” I smiled at him and I continued. “Thank you. I really appreciate it but I don’t think I ca---“

“Ssssttt Ana, I’m not asking you to answer my confession. I know you’re already in a difficult situation and I don’t want to give you more burdens.” He cut me off as he my hand softly. “Just let’s don’t be awkward with each other okay? And you don’t need to be afraid that you will bother me or something. If you need any help, I’ll make sure I’ll always be here to help you.” He explained as he caressed my hair.

I just nodded my head at him then I smiled. “Yes, I think so. Let’s don’t be awkward. Thank you so much Dae.”

 

“He really confessed to me at that night, didn’t he? Ugh Ana your life is indeed messing up right now.” I sighed loudly as I said those words to myself. But I was being confused as well, when Daehyun confessed to me at that night why my heart wasn’t beating fast? My heart was always beating in unusual way whenever he touched my hand or when he’s around near me. However two days ago when he confessed to me, why didn’t I feel nervous at all?

“I also don’t know what to do when I meet him later.” I pouted as I mumbled to myself once again. Even though Daehyun already said to not getting awkward with each other, I still couldn’t help it. I mean, how can you act like there’s nothing happened after someone just confessed his feeling to you? But I was glad though after the confession, he was acting like usual when we had the dinner and I wished I could be like that too. I never knew, coming to Seoul to pursue my study was leading me into these kinds of things. I always wanted to avoid living in this city and also staying away from the Kpop Idols stuffs but God seemed to have different plans.

I diverted away from my thoughts to the phone which’s beeping beside me. One unread chat just arrived and I unlocked my phone to check it. The chat was from Jungkook.

 

From: Jeon Jungkook

Noona! You already woke up? Don’t forget we have an appointment at 11.00 am okay? I’m going to fetch you in front of your apartment room, see you later noona~

Ps: Okay I don’t want to call our appointment as a date, but it seems like a date though so yeah hahaha I’m sorry noona I don’t know what did I just say, just ignore it. Can’t wait for our first date! Ah I mean ‘appointment’ :D

 

I chuckled at Jungkook’s text, he’s really cute. I always wanted to have a younger brother and I was glad that Jungkook was like a younger brother to me. Well yesterday Jungkook asked me to accompany him watching his favourite character’s movie, ‘The American Civil War’ in the nearest cinema. I didn’t have any schedule right now so I agreed right away with him.

Taehyung didn’t know about it and Jungkook told me I didn’t have to be afraid, it would be okay because people wouldn’t suspect anything if they found out I was hanging out with Jungkook who’s the teammate of Taehyung. I couldn’t say no to him though because I already considered him as my friend and as my younger brother. I replied an ‘okay’ to him and I stood up from my bed to take a bath and to prepare myself.

 

 

 

The bell of my apartment room was ringing when I applied the last touch of liptint on my lips. I checked myself for the last time in front of the mirror and I smiled at myself. I grabbed my handbag and I left my bedroom to open the door. I opened my apartment door and I found Jungkook was outside my room wearing a casual denim shirt and a dark blue jeans with his timberland boots.

“Oh hi noona!” He grinned at me as he scanned me from head to toe. “You---you look so---so beau---you look so” He cleared his throat. “You look really beautiful noona.” He finally let the words out as he rubbed the back of his neck. I could see the red shades on his both cheeks.

I chuckled at his cute action. “Thank you Kookie. You don’t look bad either.”

“Just not bad?” He pouted at me and he continued. “A lot of girls and ARMY said that I’m so handsome but why did you only say ‘I don’t look bad’ noona?” He whined.

I laughed at his statement and I pinched his cheek slightly. “Okay, you’re so handsome then. Well you look gorgeous, are you happy now?”

He grinned widely and he squealed. “I’m really happy noona, thank you!”

I just shook my head at his childish cute acts. Then he checked his wristwatch. “We should go now noona. I already told Namjoon hyung that I’m going to hang out for a while. Taehyung hyung is still sleeping in his bedroom, so we better go now. I don’t want him to find out that I and his fake girlfriend are hanging out together.” He suggested as he took my right hand and he dragged me softly toward the elevator.

We entered the elevator and he pressed the first button. “I think Taehyung is okay when he knows about us watching movie together, doesn’t he?” I asked Jungkook when we were already inside the elevator.

“Yeah but no. I think he will freak out noona, didn’t he tell you that you can’t go out with any other guys beside him?” He asked me back.

“Yes but you aren’t another guy Kookie, you’re his teammate right? So I can tell he will be alright though.”

“But still noona, it would be better if he didn’t know about it.” He moaned as he pouted.

“Alright alright I understand.” I nodded agreeing with him with a slight chuckle.

The elevator finally arrived at the first floor. I and Jungkook exited it and we began to walk toward the apartment main door but I stopped immediately on my track when I saw a familiar guy who was leaning against the wall in the lobby. The guy released the cap that he wore and he turned his head toward us. He folded his arms on his chest and he smirked. “Hello, are you guys going somewhere?”

 

 

 

Taehyung’s POV

I snuck out from the dorm in silent when Jungkook was still taki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter