Chapter 23

A Lot Like Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Noona, I already finished the assignment. Could you please check it?” Jungkook said as he scratched his head. He looked exhausted because of his schedule and I felt so amazed because he still did his homework despite of his busy works.

“Okay I’ll check it. While I’m checking your work, why don’t you take a nap for a while? You look so tired.”

“I’m okay noona, as I always said to you I’m going to be fine as long as I can see your face.” He grinned at me. I could see his face was turning a bit red and I laughed at him while ruffling his head.

“Okay if you said so.” My attention was back into the workbook in front of me as I checked his answers one by one, he did a great progress with his math but his English was still left behind. “Kookie your math has a significant progress, keep it up okay? You got eight correct answers in total, the other two are incorrect because you used a wrong formula.” I pointed out the wrong answers at him with a smile and he just nodded his head weakly as he shifted his body to get closer to me. “You should use this formula instead of that one.” I explained the answer and he kept humming in response.

“Noona you’re really smart ugh I’m so envy with you. I wish I had a clever brain like yours.” He pouted cutely and I pinched his cheeks.

“I’m not that smart Kookie, I spent my entire life to study so that’s why.”

“Your future boyfriend must be lucky to have you as his girlfriend noona, you are beautiful, smart, have a nice personality, have---“

“Hey stop it Kookie, did Jimin teach you to compliment girls like this?” I laughed at him. “Your future girlfriend must be very lucky though, you know? You are good looking, can sing, dance, and rap so well, who wouldn’t want to be your girlfriend right?” I winked at him.

“Noona don’t say something like that, I---I-- ugh I’m not like that noona, please stop it.” This time I could see his face was turning red in shyness.

“You’re so cute when you’re shy.” I chuckled and I saw his cheeks were getting redder. “By the way, how’s the comeback so far and how are the members? Are they fine right?” My mind was suddenly flew away to a certain person which was Kim Taehyung. I had met Seokjin and Jimin sometimes in the lobby or in the hallway. I also still hung out with Hoseok and Namjoon when they had free times but I hadn’t met Yoongi or Taehyung in these past two weeks.

“The comeback is going well noona, we did a good job for the concert and we even took our first win at Inkigayo.” His eyes were beaming in happiness. I congratulated him and he continued. “The hyungs are fine. Yoongi hyung is currently busy with his mixtape. Tae hyung is busy with his filming schedule and I don’t know what’s wrong with him lately. We all know that he’s a cheerful type and he always does the random things every second but he’s quite different now, he’s always staring into spaces. It scares all of us.”

I felt my heart clenched when Jungkook told me about Taehyung’s change. “Is he sick or not feeling well?” I asked Jungkook carefully.

“We didn’t know anything about it noona, Tae hyung didn’t tell us about his problem. He always talks to Namjoon hyung and Jimin hyung whenever he had a problem but right now he just keeps silent. Even Jimin hyung already asked him if he was okay or not and he just said he was okay so we don’t need to worry.”

“Ah I see. Maybe he’s just tired with his full packs schedule? Don’t worry Kookie, Taehyung is a strong person right? He will be back in his own self sooner.” I encouraged him with a smile as I patted his shoulder.

Jungkook nodded his head. “By the way, did something happen between you and Tae hyung, noona?”

I blinked my eyes in confuse when Jungkook suddenly asking me that question. I chuckled in awkwardness as I waved my hand. “There’s nothing happened between us Kookie, why did you ask that?”

“I thought you and him fought or something like that----” Jungkook laughed at his own words and he continued. “So I think I was wrong? I’m sorry noona.” He grinned at me.

“Ah it’s okay Kookie, why did you say sorry though? But how could you say that I and Taehyung are having a fight?” I curiously asked him.

“Because I think Tae hyung’s attitude has changed right after you and he ended the fake relationship.”

 

 

 

 

I blinked my eyes several times when Daehyun was waving his hands in front of my face. “Are you okay Ana? You don’t look well.”

I just nodded my head at him. “I’m okay Dae. Did you ask something? I’m sorry I kinda lost of track.”

“You make me worried.” Daehyun observed me carefully but I just gave him a reassuring smile. He sighed as he looked at the menu. “Okay so what do you want to eat? You look skinnier, you should eat more.”

“You choose Dae. I’ll surely eat it well.” I grinned at him and once again he just let a huge sigh. After he told the waitress about what dishes that we wanted to eat for the dinner, he turned his attention back to me.

“You know, I usually scold you right away when you didn’t call me with ‘oppa’. But since you look like having a problem right now, I’ll let it pass for today.”

I just laughed at him and I stuck my tongue. “I don’t have any problem oppa.” I emphasized the word ‘oppa’ and I saw he was blushing slightly. “I just feel tired because I’m worried about my upcoming test.” And I’m worried about Taehyung too. I sipped my drink to clear the itchy feelings inside my throat.

“What are you worried for? You’re the smartest person that I’ve ever met so I believe you can pass the exam with a great result, trust me.”

“Don’t be exaggerating Dae.” I chuckled at him. “You know you always good comforting people and I’m feeling much better now, thank you.”

“You’re welcome! Didn’t I say that you can tell me anything whenever you need helps?” He smiled at me and he suddenly snapped his fingers. “Aha! I want you to listen about something. I’m into composing song and lyric lately, you know I’m so interested in this kind of stuff because yeah since I’ve found my inspiration already.” He looked at me with a meaning look when he said ‘my inspiration’. Hmmm okay, don’t look at me with that look Dae.

“Wow Jung Daehyun!” I clapped in delight. “Okay I want to listen to it as well.”

Daehyun cleared his throat for a while then he started to warm up his voice for a few seconds before he finally let his beautiful flowed in the air. He sang his so called composing song with his usual soothing voice with full of sincerity and I could feel myself drowning into the melody. He finished the song then he grinned at me. “How does it sound? I sang the chorus only because I’m still in the middle completing the whole song.”

“It sounds so good and easy listening, I can feel the warmness from the lyrics.” I honestly answered him. “As expected from the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter