Chapter 33

A Lot Like Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Ten minutes had passed since the incident in the parking lot happened. I was still in shock and didn’t utter a single word since Daehyun saved me earlier. We both now inside his car as he drove us toward my apartment building. He also didn’t bother to say a single word at me, maybe he didn’t want to disrupt my thoughts and wanted to provide a comfortable silence atmosphere for me. I kept my eyes to the front, looking on the street in front of me but I could feel Daehyun’s glance toward me once in a while.

“Thank you Dae.” I finally said a word after clearing my throat. I gripped Daehyun’s jacket tightly which was wrapping around my body while my gaze still locking through the front.

“I’m sorry I was late.” He sighed. I could hear his apology through his voice. “Seriously what do they want?” He groaned in anger.

“It’s okay Dae. It’s all my fault, I deserve to be threatened like this. They deserve to be angry at me.” I looked down on to my lap and the flashback began to play in my mind. The looks on their eyes looked like they wanted to murder me. I could imagine what would happen to me tomorrow. What if there were more people who were going to bother me? And what if their upcoming acts would be harsher than it should had been? Without my notice, I felt the tears already wetting my both cheeks. The fear began to gnaw my mind. I could act strong earlier in front of them but this time when I listed about of all the possibilities which would come again in the future, my heart probably couldn’t take it anymore. I was starting to sob softly, the heaviness inside my chest which already piled up finally came out little by little.

I felt the car suddenly made a stop then I looked up to the right. We already arrived in front of my apartment building. “It’s okay if you don’t want to go out yet.” I heard Daehyun suggested and I felt a hand grabbing my left hand. It held my hand with a fair grip as if my hand was made from a certain fragile glass. I turned my head toward Daehyun and he looked at me with an unreadable face. I didn’t know if it was a pity one or a mocking one. I knew right I was in a pathetic state right now, with a wet and sticky hair and shirt, also with a hideous state.

“Why are you looking at me like that? I know I look like a mess right now.” I chuckled a bit but my tears wouldn’t want to stop. They kept flowing from my eyes. “I smell bad too because of the eggs.” I chocked as I wiped away my tears.

“It’s okay to cry. We won’t go anywhere until you stop crying.” He announced while my hand with his. “Yes you look like a mess. A beautiful mess.” He laughed a bit and he stuck his tongue after that.

“Yah what was that? Are you trying to comfort me or mocking me?” I stuck my bottom lip at him.

“None of those two. Uhm let’s say that I just try to flirt with you?” This time he laughed loudly and my lips began twitching with a wide smile. “See, you’re smiling.” Daehyun chirped with a content smile. He brought his other hand to wipe away my tears while I just kept watching his face. I didn’t know why my heart didn’t beat faster like usual. Maybe I was starting to see him like my best friend who always beside me whenever I had any problems. Or maybe I was starting to see him like my own brother? Never mind, Daehyun was a good person and I felt save with him.

“Thank you. I feel better Dae.” I breathed an air then I exhaled it shortly, trying to calm me down from the previous sobbing.

“It’s my pleasure. Besides that, it’s really annoying to see you cry, you’re really ugly when you cry you know? And with those eggs on your hair and body though, I would like to add some flours so I can bake a cake later.” He snickered because of his own jokes.

“What was that? You just complimented that I’m a beautiful mess but a few minutes later you just said I’m ugly.” I pouted. “You’re so consistent Dae.” I scoffed as I rolled my eyes at him, pretending to be mad. Of course I knew he was just kidding to make me feeling better and I really appreciated it. This time he was laughing loudly. We just sitting here inside his car while throwing each other some jokes. The tense and fear began to flew away from my soul, at least there’s still someone who accompanied me in my weak state like this.

“So, are you ready to leave the car? I don’t mind if you want to sleep here inside my car but are you sure you don’t want to take a bath?” He grinned at me. “I mean you’re the one who said that you smell bad because of those eggs, I don---“

“Yeah, yeah I know. You don’t have to repeat those words, I know I’m smelly.” I punched his shoulder lightly while chuckling. I looked around the apartment building to see if there were any suspicious people in here or not. Honestly, I was still afraid if the incident in the campus would be repeated again.

Daehyun seemed to know that I was worried, he immediately exited the car and in a few seconds he already opened the passenger door. “It’s safe. C’mon, I will bring you to your room.”

 

 

 

 

Taehyung’s POV

 

“Hyung, so how did it happen?” Namjoon who sat beside me asked Daehyun with a full worry in his voice.

“Once again I would like to say sorry guys. If I didn’t come late, maybe she wouldn’t have to experience something like that.” Daehyun answered as he rubbed his hair in annoyance.

“It’s okay hyung. At least she’s safe now. Thank you for taking care of her.” This time Jungkook who sat in front of me said to him with a warm smile.

Meanwhile I was just sitting here in silent, didn’t bother to join the conversation at all. BTS just finished our schedule for the comeback preparation and when we were about to take the elevator, Jimin saw Daehyun and Ana entering the apartment lobby. I still remembered the look on her face, it was full with fear and an uncomfortable one. I didn’t forget about Daehyun’s jacket which wrapping around her petite body, it didn’t suit her at all. The only shirt, jacket, and sweater which were suitable for her was only mine, wait--- it wasn’t the right time be jealous Taehyung.

As soon as we arrived at Ana’s room and she rushed right away toward her bedroom, probably taking a bath, Daehyun explained the matter to us right away. He said that Ana was being surrounded by some girls and she was being hit by eggs and water balloons in the parking lot of her campus. I was glad there’s Daehyun who saved her right away but without no one knowing, I secretly wished I was the one who saved her instead of him.

“What?” I half shouted when Jimin nudged me with his elbow.

“Aren’t you listening to us earlier Tae?” Jimin gave me a serious look but I just shrugged it off. “Godness! Ana noona just had an incident today and could you please at least have a sympathy?”

“She doesn’t need his sympathy hyung. Just leave him out. I bet he doesn’t care anymore with Ana noona.” Jungkook scoffed as he looked at me with a smirk. He then continued with a softer voice. “What a bastard.”

I chose to ignore him and I answered. “Yeah, the maknae was right. I’m no longer being his boyfriend so why should I care about her?”

“Could you please leave your childish side for a while Tae? It doesn’t matter if she’s your girlfriend or not but she was being threatened like that because of it’s connected to you.” Daehyun retorted at me.

“So what do you want me to do? Go back dating her? Following her everywhere like a bodyguard?” I challenged him.

“Yah Kim Taehyung---” Namjoon tried to calm me by tapping my shoulder softly.

“Listen Tae, you shouldn’t forget that Ana once helped you with your reckless act before. She was suffering enough back then and she’s still suffering now. Every act leads into another, am I right?” Daehyun asked me as his eyes fixated on me.

With the way he talked like that was enough to make me mad. Did he just say that I’m the one who is responsible with all of these? “So do you mean, Ana is being like this because of me? Are you telling me it’s all because of my fault?” I stood up right away from the couch and my voice was also getting higher. I was ready to grab Daehyun’s collar but my hand stopped right away when I heard another voice.

“Stop it Kim Taehyung, I never knew you will act like this. You’ve changed.” Ana suddenly appeared from her bedroom.

“Noona! Are you okay?” Jungkook immediately stood up and he approached her with a worried face. “Is there something hurt?” He began to check her if there was any part of her body which was hurt and I just shook my head in disbelieve because of the sight.

“It’s okay Jungkook, I’m fine.” She smiled at him then she walked toward us. She took a seat beside Daehyun. When our eyes finally met, I cleared my throat right away and turned my head everywhere but her.

“Just sit down, c’mon.” Namjoon begged as he pulled my hand to sit back on the couch. “Don’t make a ruckus here. If you don’t want to talk at all, at least just keep silent.” He whispered those words mostly at me and I just nodded my head. Too tired to talk back to everyone.

I heard Ana cleared and she began talking. “Hey, what’s wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter