Chapter 34

A Lot Like Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“So what is it Joy-ssi?” I allowed myself to speak after I ordered a glass of iced lemon tea. Seeing her in front of me like this really made me irritated. She was the last person that I wanted to talk to at this moment. “If you want to ask me about Taehyung and our current relationship, I can’t say anything because we already broke up two months ago. We don’t talk anymore.”

“Ah no, I don’t want to talk about him at all.” She gave me a tinny smile. I observed her in secret, she was fidgeting with her own fingers. I could tell she was nervous because she always glanced around her surrounding once in a while. She then looked straight into my eyes, giving me a remorse look. Is it just me or she looks guilty?

“And then? What do you want to talk about?” I calmly asked her. “I have a thing to do in thirty minutes, so if you---“

“I read about those articles and rumors about you Ana-ssi.” She exclaimed.

What? Why did she bring up those things again? I sighed loudly, deliberately showing her that I had been enough of those s. “Listen, it was already two months ago. I almost forget about those, why did you bring them up again on my face?” I shut my eyes tightly, holding myself to stay calm. “Everything had been settled down, it has nothing to do with me again. I don’t have anything which was going on with Taehyung. If you still mad at me because I ‘stole’ him away, I’m no lon---“

“I’m sorry.” She cut me off while looking down on her laps.

“Excuse me?”

“I’m sorry. I really am.” She said softly, her hands gripped the edge of the table tightly as she still looking down. Her hair was covering half of her face. Silent was surrounding our table while I kept my mouth shut, waiting for her next words. “I--- I was---“ She paused then she looked up to see me with watery eyes. “I was the one who sent the video to Taehyung oppa.”

The video? Did she mean that video? The video which lead me losing my peaceful life two months ago? The video which made me losing Taehyung?

As if she heard my mind, she continued the explanation. “I made someone to follow you everyday back then to check on you.” Wait--- so it’s true that I had been followed by someone. That’s why I always felt someone was following me back then. Is she behind this? “I made him to record everything that you say, including the statements when you said you used to be Taehyung oppa’s fan then I sent it to Tae oppa.” When I was about to say something, she made another statement. “After I sent it to Tae oppa, I sent it to the media.” She said those words as she looked down on her own laps.

Her words like a sound of a loud thunder in my ears. I never expected it at all. I knew she was Taehyung’s ex and she never accepted my relationship with him, but I never knew she would go this far to ruin my life. I never met someone who’s this cruel in my entire life, let alone she was a public figure and she had a lot of times to invest on her schedule and her fans, not on someone’s life which wasn’t important at all.

“And I was the one---” She paused for a while, she looked like debating with herself to continue the explanation or not. Wow, is there more? I saw she shut her eyes tightly as she inhaled the air. She then opened her eyes as she exhaled, biting her bottom lips and her eyes were almost teary. “I’m really sorry Ana-ssi. I was the one who also made and spread the rumors about you being a sasaeng.”

If her first explanation like a sound of thunder in my ears. This time, I felt like my face being punched twice with a heavy steel. I was speechless, didn’t know anymore if this kind of cruel woman was exist on this world. I felt my right hand was clenched under the table but I still kept my face flatted. Hence deep inside my heart, I really wanted to vent my anger toward someone, toward something, toward anything because I had enough. I saw Joy carefully watching my reaction, she bit her lips in anticipation. Since I just showed her my poker face, she asked me another question. “Are you okay?”

“Do I look okay to you?” I scoffed. “How do you feel when someone who just ruined your life suddenly came to you and she confessed her crime after everything had been settled down?” I raised my eyebrow at her.

“I’m so sorry.” She truthfully saying with a crack voice, I could sense she was honest with her apology. “I didn’t think about—“

Her voice had been cut off when the waitress already arrived in our table, brought us our orders. I turned my head toward the window, watching the cars passing by, watching the peaceful life outside there which would never be mine. I turned my mind back inside the cafe when the waitress told us to enjoy the orders and I just said a simple ‘thanks’ with a warm smile.

I let a small breath, trying to breath like usual but there was a lump inside my throat so I couldn’t do it in a proper way. I looked at a glass of my drink in front of me, the urge to drink it was vanishing. I felt thirsty before but not anymore, after I heard everything which had been said from the woman who sat in front of me.

Once again I let a deep sigh, then I shut my eyes to calm me down until I opened it when I heard her voice quavered. “I know I’ve made a lot of mistakes. Especially to you, Ana-ssi.” Nah. “I regret it. So much.”

I watched her eyes with silent. She was starting to sob slowly. It showed me her honest cries, like her said before, she looked like really regretting her own mistakes.

“I don’t know Joy-ssi.” I finally managed to say a word. “I know people made mistakes here and there but you do know I’m only a human right? I’ve had enough.” This time she looked through my eyes. I saw a single tear sliding down on her right cheek. She watched me with a hopeful look, I didn’t know what was it exactly but I could sense she was begging at me with her eyes, to forgive her, so she could feel at ease. “Right. At least you explained everything to me. Apologized and—yeah I think it’s enough.” I nodded my head twice. Finally touching the straw with my lips, resulting the cold liquid wetting my dry throat.

She still watched me with her teary eyes as I gulped my drink. Once I finished it, I began to take my bag beside me and readied to stand up from my seat but her words stopping me from doing so.

“I--- I can make you two go back together!” She immediately clamped with her right hand after realizing she was half shouting. “I—I mean---“ She softer her voice. “I mean I can help to get Taehyung oppa to get back to---“

“You don’t need to do that.” I cut her off. I didn’t want to hear the rest of her words. I stood up from the seat with the bag which was already on my right shoulder, not forget to leave a few money on the table for my drinks. “You have a courage to apologize and explain everything to me is enough.” I managed to show her a small smile. “If you really meant those apologizes earlier, so please, don’t mess with my life anymore.”

“I--- I can do----“

“This is the last time we met okay? If we’ve met accidentally in the future, I ask you to not recognize me nor talk to me. Thank you.” With those last statements, I started to walk away from the table, readied to leave the place.

When I was about to take the 5th steps, I turned my back at her and said. “I forgive you.”

After I said those words, I resumed to walk toward the exit door. This time without turning my body back, even though the woman calling my name repeatedly.

 

 

 

“Wait wait wait.” Yoojin held her hand in front of her then she gripped my both arms with a fair force. “Are you not crazy enough to forgive that witch? Are you not having a cold?”

I let a single chuckle at her as I released her hands from my arms. “Yeah I already said I forgave her.” I shrugged. “It’s not a big deal you know, as long as she doesn’t interfere with my life again.”

“After everything that she had done to you?” This time Mina asked me with a disbelief. I just nodded my head as I began to munch the food.

“Godness! You sure have the purest heart among every human on this earth!” Yoojin exclaimed. “If I were you, I would already gone mad at that Joy girl. I would ready to punch her on her face, I want to grip her hair until she turns bald and I really want—“

“Yah yah yah.” I stopped her with a laugh. “You don’t want to end up locked in a jail after abusing a member of a rising girl group right?”

“Well, I would do everything for my own pride. Even it cost my whole life.”

“I was also thinking about that before, but right now I just don’t want everything become too messed up once again.” I sighed and I gave a small smile at her.

“I’m so proud of you Ana, you forgave her easily even though she has done something which led you to meet a lot of problems. It’s a good thing you forgave her like that.” Mina finally opened to give her response. “By t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter