Chapter 24

A Lot Like Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Taehyung’s POV

A loud of laughter was echoing from our table. We were having a lunch in one of the restaurants in Seoul. BigHit booked the entire restaurant for BTS and also the crews to celebrate our win in several music shows. I scooped my food and ate it in silent while the others were having fun. I occasionally glanced toward a certain someone who sat across me, she couldn’t stop her laughter when Hoseok telling us some jokes. This was the first time I met her since the last time we had officially ended our fake relationship. We just gave a simple greeting in the van with a ‘hi how are you?’ and ‘congrats for the successful comeback’ and we were just kept silent after that. Didn’t we agree to keep in touch as friends? But why did I feel like we were totally awkward with each other?

“Why are you so quiet?” Jimin nudged me from my side. I just ignored him and continued to eat my food. “Hey Tae, relax. Why are you so tensed?”

“I’m not.” I muttered.

I leaned my back on the chair as I looked at her once again. It had been a long time since I saw her, she looked the same like the last time we spent the last day as a ‘couple’. I suddenly felt a warm feeling just by looking at her, it also reminded me about the hug that we shared at that night. Yeah the hug. She took the glass and drank the water from it. When she put it slowly on the table, she suddenly looked at my way. Our eyes met in a few seconds before I cleared my throat to look at the other way.

“Wow, you two are seriously making me mad. Looking at each other eyes in secret ugh I can’t handle it anymore!” Jimin groaned beside me.

“What are you talking about? You’ve been talking nonsense since last night.” I scoffed at him and he just shrugged while grinning. Jimin always teased me about Ana, I didn’t know what’s with his motive.

“Hey look, Jungkook is on it again. He’s been glued on her like a leech. At this rate, you’ll lose in a pity way Tae.” Jimin pointed out his chin toward Jungkook and my eyes were following it.

I saw Jungkook took some meats from the grill then he cut it one by one. “I cut the meat for you Noona, so you don’t have to cut it again. All you have to do is, just eat it a lot okay?” The maknae was busy cut the meat beside her while smiling widely like a child who just had his first candy.

“Thank you Kookie, actually you don’t have to.” Ana smiled in return and Jungkook just winked at her. What the ? He dares to wink at her?

“Hey Kook, what about cutting my meat too?” Namjoon put his plate in front of him.

“I’m sorry hyung but you have your own hands, right? You can cut it by yourself and you’re welcome.” Jungkook said with an innocent smile and everyone was laughing but I just kept silent on my seat. What’s so funny about that? I can’t believe Ana even laughing too with that stupid joke? I picked a slice of meat from my plate and I munched it harshly. I gulped my drink and I put it on the table with a loud tone. I felt everyone eyes were looking at my way but I just pretending to be busy with my phone.

“Yah Kim Taehyung, what’s wrong with you?” I heard Jin whispered from my left side but I just ignored it. I heard he was sighing loudly but I didn’t give a about it.

I kept scrolling through my phone then I snapped my head in instant when I heard Jungkook said. “Noona you should taste the Jungkook’s special meat lettuce wrap, I never made it before for anyone else.” Jungkook put the meat and some of the seasonings on the lettuce then he wrapped it carefully. “Say aaahhh~” He brought the lettuce toward her lips and I saw that Ana was blinking her eyes in confuse. “Noona please eat it, I made it for you.” He pouted acting cute. Here he goes again with the aegyo.

Everyone was cheering loudly at them and told Ana to eat the lettuce wrap. Oh I see. So everyone is in team Jungkook now? “Okay okay guys I’ll eat it now. Thank you Jungkook.” Ana chuckled slightly before she ate the lettuce wrap from Jungkook’s hand. Jungkook cheered in victory and I just scoffed at him.

“How is it Noona? It’s delicious right?” Ana just nodded her head while kept munching the food as she showed her thumbs up. “Aiguuu you have a sauce there Noona. Be careful.” Jungkook brought his right hand toward the corner of to wipe it away.

“YAHHHH!” I banged my hands on the table as I stood up from my seat. Everyone was looking at me with a shock on their faces. I just realized that I just yelled out of nowhere and I even hit the table loudly. I saw Ana was also looking at my way with a concern look. you’re too dumb Kim Taehyung. “Ah I’m sorry guys, I’m just--- I--I mean uhm my stomach isn’t feeling well, I need to go to the restroom.” I laughed awkwardly as I dashed into the restroom as quick as possible.

“God damn it, Kim Taehyung what’s wrong with you?” I whispered at my own self in front of the mirror as soon as I arrived at the restroom. I opened the faucet then I felt the cold water was touching my hand, I splashed my face with it then I shut my eyes tightly. “I don’t feel right in these past weeks. Why does my heart feel so heavy?” Suddenly Ana’s face was flashing in my mind, I shook my head to erase it but her face kept being there. I opened my eyes slowly as I took more water to wet my face. “I must be going crazy.”

Fifteen minutes had passed and I fixed myself to look more decent, I hoped everyone could buy my lie about the stomach ache that I just said to them earlier. You’re so good at acting yet you’re at lying. I sighed as I checked myself once again in the mirror then I left the restroom. When I just took a step outside the restroom, my breath suddenly hitched on my throat. I saw Ana was leaning against the wall outside the restroom, she was looking down on the floor and she looked like waiting for someone. I froze at my spot then I chose to clear my throat.

She looked up to see me and our eyes met for the second time today. She walked toward me in a long step then she suddenly put the back of her hand on my forehead. I felt my heart was beating in a double speed because of the close distance. She looked deeply into my eyes while asking “Tae are you okay? You don’t look well, I’m worried so I followed you here.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter