Chapter 22

A Lot Like Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Taehyung’s POV

“Yah Kim Taehyung! What’s wrong with you?!” Son Sung Duk’s voice, the main choreographer of BTS was echoing loudly inside the practice room. “You need to focus!” He loudly yelled again.

“Yes hyung. I’m sorry.” I looked at him in guilty as I wiped away my sweats. “Let’s start over again from the beginning, I’m trying to be more focus.”

“Yeah you better be.” He glared as he walked toward the stereo to start the music. Hoseok and Jimin patted my shoulder softly as they encouraged me with a ‘fighting!’ word. I smiled at them in return then I paid more attention into the music. The half song had passed then the dance break came but suddenly the music stopped.

“I don’t know what the hell is wrong with you Kim Taehyung!” Once again Son Sung Duk was screaming at me. “You said that you want to be more focus. Where? You did a lot of mistakes here and there!”

“I’m sorry hyung, I already tr—“

“Your upcoming concert will be in four days, but I can’t believe you’re still being like this!” He cut me off. He looked at me with a deep stare then he sighed. “Okay, we will take a rest first. After one hour you guys should be here and we will continue the practice.” He left the practice room after that. He looked so pissed and it’s definitely because of me.

I let a huge breath as I took the water bottle and gulped it till it was empty. Someone patted my shoulder and I found Namjoon sent me an encouragement smile. “Why don’t you go to the rooftop to grab some fresh air?” He suggested. “I know you’re having some problems inside your head yes? Just cool it off for a bit.”

“Thank you hyung.” I gave him a small smile as I started to walk outside the practice room. I could feel the members eyes were looking at me with full of concerns.

“Fighting Tae Tae!” I heard Hoseok’s cheers and I just lifted my right hand to give him a signal that I was okay.

“Don’t forget to come back here after one hour.” I heard another voice which came from Namjoon before I closed the practice room door.

 

 

 

“Ugh! Why this stupid game is so hard!” I heard Ana’s groan when I just finished playing The Star Wars game. I saw she was hitting the holes in rage with a mallet. She was playing Whac-A-Mole by herself then I chose to approach her.

“Well you just lost for the third time already.” I laughed at her after I saw a ‘game over’ sign on the screen. She just rolled her eyes at me. “I’m going to show you who’s the real pro for this game. It’s the easiest game in this arcade you know?” I stood right behind her then I took the mallet from her hand. I put my left hand on the arcade machine from the left side of her body so she’s trapped between my body and the arcade machine. I inserted a coin to start the game and I didn’t realize that my left hand was starting to sneak around her waist, so I was half back hugging her with one arm. I felt Ana’s body was tensed against my own body and I began to smell a strawberry flavour from her hair and a sweet vanilla fragrance filling my nose.

“Uhmm Tae but your hand--“ I looked down to Ana’s face and her eyes were looking into my left hand which was wrapping around her waist. --I didn’t even realize I put my hand on her waist.

Instead of releasing my hand from her waist, I just hushed her. “Sssstttt, the game is starting.” My attention was back into the screen in front of me when the game was about to start and my hand kept resting there around her waist throughout the game. In about three minutes absorbing with the game, it finally came to an end.

“Look! I even got a new record!” I jumped happily when the game just ended and the screen showed us the highest score that I had achieved. “You must be proud of me because your boyfriend can do anything.” I whispered at her as I brought my right arm to join my left arm around her waist. This time I completely back hugged her with my chin resting on her shoulder. I grinned widely at her despite the loud drumming sound inside my chest.

Ana turned her head toward my face and she just stuck her tongue at me. “Tsk such an arrogant jerk!” She made a face and she continued. “Well congrats then. You should be a gamer than being a vocalist in a boy group--and you can release your arms from me Tae because I can’t move!” I snapped and I gulped in nervous when I realized our faces were just an inch away from each other. I could feel her minty fresh breath hitting my face and I felt myself reddened on the close distance.

“C’mon I’m hungry, let’s go grab some cakes!” I flicked her forehead softly then I released my arms from her waist, feeling the warmness of her body soon leaving me and the emptiness was starting to creep on me.

 

 

“Dude, what are you thinking of?” The annoying voice which came from my right side was enough to disturb my daydream of the event which happened two days ago, when I and Ana were spending the time together in the arcade. I saw Jimin looked at the sky above us as he was leaning against the railing.

“What are you doing here?”

This time he turned his head toward me as he shrugged off. “Just to make sure you didn’t jump from this rooftop. You know BTS will be forever as seven.” He snickered at me. I just rolled my eyes at him, ignoring his nonsense words. “You regret your action now Tae. I know it.” Jimin once again let a chuckle and my head snapped toward him.

“I’m not regretting it!” I shrieked. “I and Ana agreed to end the relationship---errr I mean the fake relationship after three months. Deal is a deal anyways.” I defended myself.

He suddenly shook his head and he smirked at me. “Who said I was talking about Ana noona?” What? I fell into his trap. “The regret that I told you was about your lack of focus in the practice room earlier.” His smirk was getting wider. “Nah so you’re suddenly turning into a quiet depressed mode in these past two days because of-----uhm ah I see it’s all about Ana noona.”

“It’s not Jimin. Stop being such a Mr. Smartypants.”

“It’s all written on your face.” He laughed then he patted my shoulder. “Just run to her, confess your feeling, you guys will date for real, and case closed. As simple as that. Before it’s too late.”

“How many times do I have to tell you that I don’t like her? I’m sick of explain---“

“Tae we’ve been living together with the members for about more than five years already and if you want to lie at me you should take a full month of lying course. You’re at lying.” He cut me off. “What’s the reason exactly? Is it because of Jungkook also likes her? And Daehyun hyung too?”

I kept silent on my spot because of Jimin’s words. I nibbled my bottom lip in confuse. I diverted my gaze onto the road below me, avoiding the eye contact with him. “It’s not related to Jungkook and Daehyun hyung. As well as Ana. It’s not about them.”

“Tae but everyone knows that you have a problem right now! Since you and Ana noona ended the---“

“I’m okay Jimin, really. I just--uhm I think I just feel tired with the tight schedule. I’m sorry if I messed the things up recently.” I reasoned. I heard Jimin was scoffing beside me.

“Such a lame excuse.” He snickered in a mocking way.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter