This is some dangerous business

A Fear To Overcome

When they hit the first red light, Eugene switched on the radio and it was playing fire by Hani.

  “Oooh~ Good song,” she nodded.

Naturally she just sing along and Hongbin just looked.

  “You have quite a voice,” he complimented.

  “Thank you,” she chuckled.

Though he complimented, he was still looking at her. Feeling strange, she asked if anything was okay.

  “Oh, I’m fine,” he smiled. “I just like hearing your voice.”

  “Then don’t look at me like that. You’re making me feel weird,” she said while checking the rear mirror.

  “Okay okay, I’ll stop,” he surrendered.

He rubbed his neck at the area where she made him unconscious. She took and felt guilty.

  “Is your neck making you feel uncomfortable? Do you want a neck pillow?” she offered.

  “Nah, it’s okay,” he gently declined her offer.

  “It’ll go off soon,” she tried to hide her guilt.

  “Can this seat leaned back a bit?” he asked.

  “Yeah, you can adjust it by the side,” she pointed briefly, having to keep her eyes on the road.

He adjusted the seat and lay down. Singing along with the song, she drove the car one- handed.

  “Are we going somewhere far?” he asked.

  “Nah,” she shook her head.

  “Will you be okay driving with only one hand?” he asked.

  “Yup,” she nodded.

Slowly, Hongbin held her hand from her lap. Eugene froze for a brief second. Am I holding hands with him? Omg, what should I do? Should I let go?

  “My hand is kinda cold, hope you don’t mind,” he gave an excuse.

  “Huh? Oh… okay,” she stuttered.

  “Alright, I got a song recommendation from a starlight. Next song, I’m chained up! Chained up!” the radio DJ announced.

Eugene fangirled after listening to the announcement.

  “Hongbin- ah, it’s your song!” she exclaimed.

She glanced at Hongbin and he had his eyes closed. She smiled and had her eyes on the road again. Then, the song was interrupted with a call- from her dad. She groaned thinking that she might be called for work. She gently let go of his hand and accepted the call.

  “Yes appa?” she asked.

  “I see that you’re heading back to the hotel but can you divert your journey for a while? Those bastards are back again,” he said urgently.

  “Oh okay, but appa, I’m bringing VIXX to the hotel,” she informed him. “Can you prepare the rooms for them please?”

  “Alright sure. If those bastards somehow stopped you, you know what to do right? I’ll send some men later,” he said.

  “Okay appa,” with that, she ended the call together with the radio.

  “Hongbin- ah! Hongbin-ah, wake up,” she shook him.

Sensing her sense of urgency, he jerked up.

  “Why? What’s wrong?” he looked at her worriedly.

  “I have urgent business to do now, do you mind if you get in the van for a while? And tell Ken oppa to head straight to the hotel,” she informed.

  “If it’s really urgent you can just head there straight, I’ll stay in the car later on,” he suggested.

  “No, this is some dangerous business. N oppa wouldn’t like it if you’re involved. So do I,” she said.

  “I’m staying,” he concluded. “Like you said, it’s dangerous, so I’m staying.”

  “Hongbin please, I don’t want you to get hurt all over again,” she begged and made a stop by the side of the road.

  “If you’re not leaving, I’ll make you leave,” she glared.

  “Please understand me. I’m doing this… for your safety.” She softened her glare.

  “How about your safety?” he questioned.

  “Look I really have no time for this,” she said while checking the rear mirror. “Please! I don’t have much time! I promise I’ll see you back in the hotel in one piece,” she begged.

He glared at her and left coldly. The moment he closed the door, she changed the car mood to sport mood and stepped on the accelerator, racing off with a loud exhaust sound. Feeling shocked at how she left hurriedly, he staggered back. Just what kind of job she is doing… Then, he could hear a few more exhaust sounds coming nearer and… few black Audi cars just sped past including a grey BMW i8. He looked again and then he caught it. They are after her. He rushed back into the van and the boys asked what happened.

  “She had urgent business to do,” he responded coldly.

  “Did you just see the black Audis racing down? The people here are filthy rich!” Hyuk exclaimed feeling excited at how he see cool cars speeding.

  “They’re after Eugene,” he informed.

  “And you left? You should tag along,” Hyuk said.

  “No, sometimes, we cannot interfere other people’s business,” N said. “Now where shall we head to?”

  “She said to head straight to the hotel. She’ll join us shortly after,” he said.

  “Then Park Hyatt here we come,” Ken said in his goofy voice and started driving.

  “We are going to Park Hyatt Hotel! Yay!” Ravi shouted all of a sudden and the rest burst in laughter.

Short while after they arrived in the hotel. Ken stopped at the drop- off point and the rest went down, then a guy in hotel uniform knocked his window.

  “Yes?” he asked while scrolling down the window.

  “I’ll park the van for you sir,” he offered.

  “Oh right…” he said scratching his head.

Putting their shades on, acting cool, they scrolled in. A man in a suit welcomed them.

  “Good evening sirs are you Miss Eugene’s guests?” he asked.

  “Yes we are; where shall we head to?” N asked politely.

  “Follow me,” he smiled and everyone followed.

They followed the man in suit being accompanied with a few more bodyguards. They went to the elevator and when straight to the 60th floor.

  “These 6 rooms starting from Room 601 is yours,” he introduced.

  “Haha 6 is too much... we can just have 3 rooms,” N said.

  “But Miss Eugene has prepared 6 rooms for you,” he claimed.

  “Well okay then,” N nodded.

  “Here are your keys and enjoy your stay!” he handed out.

N thanked him and he walked off. He opened the first room and it was very spacious.

      

Everyone rushed in and they awed.

  “This place is too big for a person,” Leo said in his soft voice.

  “Trust me, Eugene’s room is bigger,” Ravi said.

  “Where’s Eugene’s room?” Hongbin asked.

  “Room 610 VVVIP Room,” he said.

  “I wonder how Eugene is doing...” Ken said and the doorbell rang.

N went to the door and opened it. A middle aged man in a smart suit welcomed him with a gentle smile.

  “Hello, I’m Jeong Eugene’s dad, Jeong Hyun Jin,” he offered his hand for a handshake and N accepted it.

  “Who is it hyung?” Ken shouted from the room and her dad heard him.

  “It’s me Eugene’s dad!” he replied from the doorway.

Upon hearing who he was, the boys quickly sat down properly, well behaved.

  “Come in, Mr CEO,” N motioned him in.

He thanked him and went in the room. When the boys saw him coming in, they all stood in line.

  “You have no idea how much love my daughter has on you boys,” he laughed.

The boys smiled nervously.

  “Don’t be nervous around me, be comfortable,” he said.

The boys nodded.

  “May we help you with anything?” Leo asked.

  “Are you boys busy? There’s something I want to show you,” he said.

They looked at each other and shook their heads.

  “Great, now you must be wondering why Eugene left you halfway and raced down the road earlier just now right?” he asked as he reached for the TV’s remote control.

  “Oh? How do you know we were with her?” Ravi asked.

  “Well, at first she asked for her car, and then she said that she’ll be sending you guys over. Isn’t it obvious?” he laughed and switched the channel into something that grabbed their attention.

  “I’ve actually hired a few man to track her down and I made them do this,” he pointed to the screen and it showed a familiar blue i8 parked in an angle.

  “I just want to check how good her self- defence is. Whether she lacked behind or… she maintained it,” her dad concluded.

The boys sat together and they watched.