Blood Donation

A Fear To Overcome

When she got in, she looked in the mirror and remembered what Soohyun has said. And I think it’s about time for you to overcome that fear of falling in love. After she got herself ready, she went out. Hongbin looked at her naturally and he was quite mesmerized by her post- shower self. Then, she walked towards him and held his hand.

  “What? What’s wrong?” He backed off.

  “Thanks for the breakfast,” she smiled.

He smiled and hugged her, “At your most welcome.”

She sat on her chair and had her breakfast.

  “Hongbin-ah, I’m really getting myself used to this. Do you mind if you take it slow?” she started out the topic.

  “Used to what?” he asked while watching her eat

  “This whole lovey- dovey thing,” she said. “Don’t you remember when we had our first chat in the hospital, I said that I’m not this kind of person.”

  “Haha, okay, let’s take it slow,” he smiled.

After she had her breakfast, she checked her phone. Time 11am.

  “Shall we go now?” she asked.

  “Whenever you’re ready,” he said.

  “Okay, let’s go,” she took her bag.

Hongbin went into his room for a while to take his haversack. They went down straight to the carpark and had her car rolling. Talking about how their previous days were, they arrived to their destination shortly after. She got out from the car and she was welcomed by the in charges. Politely smiling and greeting one another, she was brought to her station. She sat down on her chair and got ready for blood withdrawal. Hongbin frowned when he looked at the blood bag.

  "You are really a something," he said.

  "What? Hey, it's good to have your blood donated okay," she said.

Diverting his attention to somewhere else, he found a poster of VIXX promoting a snack. He walked towards it to get a closer look. When his eyes landed on himself, he studied it. 'I wonder what made you have me like this. You're making me feel pain but at the same time, you brought me an angel.' As he was studying that poster, someone appraoched him.

  "Hyung, my sister wants your autograph. Can you sign it here?" a small boy pulled his shirt while handing over a phone with a black marker.

He rambled his hair and smiled, "Sure, what's your sister's name?"

  "Ryu Suyeong," the boy responded cutely.

He nodded and signed it on the phone cover. He gave it back to him and gave another smile.

  "What's your name?" Hongbin asked

  "Ryu Dongwoon," he answered shyly.

  "Grow up well and be a good boy okay Dongwoon?" Hongbin said.

  "Okie," he nodded. "But hyung, who is that lady that u entered with? Is she your girlfriend?"

Feeling taken aback and knowing where this was going he shook his head.

  "Nope, she's just a friend of mine," he lied.

  "Oh... she's pretty," he complimented.

  "Really?" he asked.

  "Yeah, she looks like a nice lady. It'll be better if you have a girlfriend like her. You're cool and she's pretty," the boy said.

Hongbin laughed and pinched his cheeks lightly.

  "Grow up into a cool man and you'll have pretty girls too okay?" he said.

The boy nodded and he ran off.

By the time he went back to Eugene, she was already filling up three quarter of the bag. He gasped and looked at her.

  "Aren't you donating a lot of blood?" he asked.

  "Am I? Should I stop now?" she asked.

  "Yes you should," he nodded.

Eugene then told the station master that she was done donating. The station master gently removed the needle and tube from her and had her blood donated. When she was done, she thanked the people there and made her way back. However, Hongbin was held back for a while due to a slight photo session with his fans. Then he chased after Eugene.

  "I'll drive," he volunteered.

  "Are you sure?" she asked.

  "Trust me," he assured.

She passed him the car keys and he sat in the driver's seat. Seriously, Hongbin driving a sport car, that is as hot as ever. Driving towards somewhere, Eugene started out a conversation.

  "You're quite popular out there," she smirked.

  "You're talking about Lee Hongbin of VIXX here," he cheekily said.

  "I saw you with a boy just now," she said.

  "Oh that, he was just asking for an autograph. Oh, and he said that you're pretty," he told.

  "Haha aww," she laughed. “Where are we going?”

  “Back to the company,” he said.

  “You’re going back already?” she frowned.

  “Well, I have to. I didn’t bring enough clothes for the rest of the week and I have to do a bit of laundry,” he said. “You don’t mind right?”

  “No, I don’t mind,” she shook her head.

When they arrived, the company staff and Hongbin greeted one another. They were all wondering who Eugene was and Hongbin introduced her as his close friend. After that, they make their way up.

  “I see where this is coming from,” Eugene said.

  “Play along with me alright? You know what will happen if I introduced you as someone else,” he hinted.

  “Yeah I know,” she nodded.

When they went out of the lift, Eugene suddenly stopped walking. She quickly grabbed what was nearest to her and made herself sit. Hongbin looked at her and ran towards her.

  “Eugene- ah, are you okay?” he asked worriedly.

She turned her face towards the direction of his voice. I can hear you, but why cant I see you? This weird... this is definitely not any of the symptoms of my anxiety attack...

  "Are my eyes open?” she asked trying to look around.

  “What? Well yeah they’re open. What’s wrong?” he asked while holding her hand.

  “I can hear you, but I can’t see you,” she said.

  “What do you see now?” he asked.

  “I couldn’t see anything now. It’s all black,” she said. “Hongbin- ah, help me.”

Trying to get her back on her feet, he helped her walk towards VIXX usual studio. Luckily, Ravi and Leo was in there.

  “Oh? Hongbin- ah, Eugene- ah, what are you doing here?” Ravi asked.

  “Ravi ah, help me. Do we have a nurse in here? Or maybe a doctor?” Hongbin asked while helping her sit.

  “Yeah, we have a nurse. What’s wrong?” Ravi asked.

  “She lost her sight, can you bring the nurse up?” Hongbin asked worriedly.

  “Oh sure,” he nodded and rushed off.

Then Leo approached them.

  “Can you hear me?” Leo asked Eugene.

She turned her face towards his voice.

  “Yeah, I can,” she nodded.

  “Don’t think too much alright, everything’s gonna be fine,” he assured.

  “Thank you,” she smiled.

Not long after Ravi brought up the nurse. Just then, her vision slowly came back to her. Her eyes felt dazzled and she focused her eye sight on everyone.

  “Miss Jeong Eugene?” she called.

  “Yes?” she said.

  “Can you see me?” the nurse asked.

  “Yeah, I can see now,” she gasped.

  “May I know what were you’re activities were today?” the nurse sat in front of her.

  “Well, I had my breakfast and I went for a blood donation,” Eugene informed.

She nodded and gave her a knowing smile. The nurse came closer to her and whispered, “By any chance are you having your monthly period?”

  “Yes,” she nodded.

The nurse backed away and smiled.

  “Be more careful next time alright? You’re losing a lot of blood so I predict that you were experiencing a bit of faintness,” she informed. “But not to worry, it’s nothing dangerous. Just take note of when to donate your blood and when not to.”

 The boys sighed in relief.

  “Be sure to have enough protein intakes,” the nurse said.

Eugene then thanked the nurse and she left.