You're in love, Eugene

A Fear To Overcome

Eugene sat on the sofa, and stared on the floor.

  “Eugene? What’s wrong?” Hongbin called and she didn’t respond.

  “Jeong Eugene?” he came closer.

Eugene shook her head and looked at him confused, “Sorry, you said something?”

  “Why are so deep in thought?” he asked.

  “Oh nothing, I was just wondering about something,” she said.

  “About?” he looked at her.

  “Ravi- ah, can I play the keyboard for a while? I have a song in mind and I thought you could recompose it and have it with you,” she said.

Ravi nodded and made way for her to the electrical keyboard.

  “You composed a song?” Leo asked.

  “Not really, whatever that comes to mind, I just play it out. And most of time, when I play it, I’ll forget about it later on. But since I’m here with you guys, why not you guys try compose this random idea of mine,” she said.

She sat on Ravi’s chair and pressed the record button. While she was playing, everyone was in awe. Since Ravi and Leo are professional musicians, they listen to it professionally. When she ended, she pressed the record button again to stop recording. Ravi and Leo nodded and complimented Eugene.

  “You can have this song. You don’t have to give me the credit okay? I thought it would be nice to hear you guys sing again after quite some time,” Eugene said.

  “Sure, we’ll work on it when we have time. That was a nice random idea you have there,” Ravi chuckled.

  “Thanks,” Eugene smiled.

  “Do you know she can play Error beautifully? She really expressed the emotions while playing,” Hongbin came out with the topic.

Eugene then glared at him.  

  “Really? Why don’t you give it a try?” Ravi said.

  “Haha, nah~ We should get going, aren’t you guys busy?” Eugene stood up.

  “Give it a try Eugene, I want to have a listen on it,” Leo said.

  “Should I?” she looked at Leo and he nodded.

Eugene sat back on the chair and played Error on the keyboard just like how she used to play in the restaurant. Sub- consciously, Leo was singing along while she continued to play it full with emotions. Hongbin on the other side was starting to feel a heavy heart. Just by reminiscing how painful the ache was when he first heard the song, and that so called nightmare he had on that same night, it was nerve- wrecking night for him as whole. Trying to stay calm, he just had his constant long breaths. But when the song was coming to an end, his legs felt weak and he sat on the sofa. He leaned forward and grasped his chest. I thought I wont be having this pain anymore I guess, this song carries a different memory. Just as she ended it with the last note, Ravi and Leo applauded. Pretending nothing had happened; Hongbin sat up straight and applauded too.

  “Now that’s my Eugene,” Hongbin smiled. “Let’s go, we still need to get things to be done.”

  “Okie~ Sorry for budging into your room just now,” she apologized to Ravi and Leo. “And don’t forget about the song too!”

The two boys acknowledged it and bid the farewell. The couple went out and Eugene held Hongbin back.

  “It came back… didn’t it?” Eugene asked.

  “What came back?” he asked back.

  “You think I didn’t notice what happened just now? Look, you’re quite pale and you’re sweating already,” she wiped it off on his forehead.

  “It was nothing, it wasn’t that bad,” he said.

The two walked towards the laundry area and they found Seo In Gook in there. When Eugene saw him, she gasped trying hard not to fangirl and hid behind Hongbin. Omg, is that Seo In Gook? His face is so small and hes so good looking~!

  “Oh hello Hongbin!” In Gook greeted.

  “Hello seonbae,” Hongbin waved his hand.

  “Who’s that?” In Gook asked.

  “Ah… she’s my close friend, Jeong Eugene,” he introduced.

Eugene peeked from his shoulder and did a slight bow.

  “Do you wanna use the washing machine?” In Gook asked.

  “Um… yeah, I guess you’re using it?” Hongbin asked. “But it’s okay, I’ll just do the manual way.”

  “Sorry Hongbin!” In Gook apologized.

  “Don’t be. It’s nothing big anyway,” Hongbin chuckled.

Hongbin took a basin and bid his senior goodbye, “I’ll get going first. See you around!”

  “Why were you hiding behind my back?” Hongbin chuckled.

  “I was trying to hold back my fangirls. You have no idea how crazy I am on the inside,” she said and he laughed.

  “We’re gonna do laundry in a manual way, can you help me?” he asked.

  “I um… uh… actually… I don’t know how to do laundry,” she admitted.

  “What? Not even once?” he blurted.

  “You can say that… I’ve been relying on hotel staff to do it for me,” she cornered her lips.

  “But you’re a lady! You should at least know how to do house chores!” he said. “Do you know how to cook?”

  “Um…” she looked at him guilty.

  “Oh my goodness. You need a lot of lessons. It’s okay, this should do it. I will be your “house chores” teacher and you have to be my “self- defence” teacher. Got it?” he concluded.

  “You want to learn self- defence from me? How do you know that I do self- defence?” she asked and Hongbin just looked at her.

  “Right… my father,” she sighed. “Alright deal!”

They sealed the deal and when out to an open space on the rooftop. They filled the basin with soap and water and they dumped the dirty clothes in. Hongbin took out his shoes and washed his feet before getting in.

  “What am I supposed to do?” she looked around like a lost child.

  “Wash your feet and come here. You said you can help me with this,” he instructed.

  “Okie~” and she did the same.

While Hongbin was stamping on his clothes, Eugene joined in.

  “I’m just curious. It seems that you know a lot about yourself already. Perhaps, did your memory came back entirely?” she asked.

  “Nah… for all this while, I have been busy watching myself in videos, from there I realized about my past and remembered it,” he said.

  “So you know who you are?” she popped the question.

  “Yeah… you can say that. But the thing is, I still cannot stand listening to my music. It makes me feel really uncomfortable,” he admitted.

  “But how? Bob Marley once said, when music hits you, you feel no pain,” she said.

  “Well, when it hits me, I feel a lot of pain,” he sighed.

  “But you’re a singer. You need to sing your songs,” she pointed out.

  “I know, but I just need some time. Imagine yourself trying to grasp for air and then your heart feels heavy and at the same time, you get giddy. Do you like that feeling?” he asked.

  “Ergh… that’s terrible,” she made a cringe.

  “Exactly, I don’t want to go through that over and over again,” he said. “Do you have any fears?”

She looked up and sighed. Of course I do, but I dont know whether you should know about it.

  “You do have it,” he said. “You’re not answering me so it’s obvious.”

  “Ugh… fine. Of course I have one,” she groaned.

  “What’s yours?” he asked.

  “Well mine… it’s something a bit stupid,” she said.

  “It’s okay, just tell me. I’m not going to judge you anyway,” he said.

  “Well, I’m afraid to fall in love. I mean, I’m just afraid to fall for something I thought was love,” Eugene admitted.

  “Oh~ Are you trying to say that you’re overcoming you’re fear now?” he smirked.

  “Haha, you can say that. That’s why when you first confessed to me, I kinda distance myself away from you,” she said. “You caught me from falling right? You’re not gonna leave me fall into pieces right?”

When she asked that, Hongbin gave her a sudden hug that made her flinched.

  “Gotcha!” he said and tightened his hug. “There’s no way I’m gonna make you fall in pieces.”

Eugene laughed and returned a hug back.

  “I guess being in love isn’t that bad,” she said. “Wait, this is love right?”

He loosened the hug and faced her.

  “Yes Jeong Eugene, you’re in love,” he cupped her face.

She blushed and look away, “Okay there… we gotta slow down a bit.”

  “Wait, I’m not done yet,” he cupped her face again. “One way or another, let’s cure these fears together okay?”

  “Okay,” she nodded while looking into his eyes.


Hey readers~ Sorry for the wait of the next chapter >< I was actually busy doing a trailer video of this story. Well, not actually, it's more like a plot video for the future chapter. So there will be some spoilers here and there. If you're not sure about the storyline, you can ask me at the comment box below and I'll definitely reply you :D But anyway, it still has a link with the whole story. If you wanna watch it, click here! Do comment down on what you think about the video :D Much love~!