It's just a dream

A Fear To Overcome

Few days have passed and they have not been contacting each other. VIXX has been busy preparing for their special end of year stage while Eugene on the other hand has been busy finding the culprit of the incident. Then someone knocked onto her door. She walked towards it and opened the door.

  “Oh Kim, how can I help you?” Eugene asked while making way for him to enter her room.

  “Have you been packing your bag?” he asked.

  “Oh, nah not yet,” she shook her head. “Have you?”

  “Same goes here,” he smiled. “Does Hongbin know that you’re leaving?”

  “Nope, but s yes. Besides, it’s just a holiday,” she said.

  “Has he been contacting you?” he asked.

  “Nope, I guess he has been busy with his special stage and concerts,” she sighed.

  “What have you been doing?” Kim asked.

  “Just… wasting my time,” she cornered her lips. “You’re wasting your time too right?”

  “Yeah… Are you free tonight?” she asked.

  “Nope, unless your dad needs my help,” he said. “Why?”

  “Shall we go to a night club tonight? It’s been so long since we last partied,” she said.

  “You! You should be really careful you know. You have a boyfriend now you know?” he reminded.

  “Right… how I miss being single…” she sighed.

  “What the… He’ll be so upset if he heard this,” he shook his head.

  “Tsk… I’ll be right back!” and she rushed out with her master card.

She went to Hongbin’s room and looked around. When she saw his bed, she let go a heavy sigh. What the hell am I doing here really? Ugh… I’m out of here. She exited his room and went back in her room.

  “What now?” Kim asked, still sitting on the same chair.

  “I want to grab a cup of coffee. Wanna tag along?” she asked.

  “Why bother asking? I have to follow you everywhere you go from now on,” Kim said.

  “Right… then follow me!” Eugene said and took her valuables. They went downstairs and walked out of the hotel.

Walking in her usual café, the barista already knew what she wanted to order.

  “One caramel frappe and...?” the barista looked at Kim.

  “One hot latte,” he ordered.

The barista nodded and started doing their coffee.  They sat by the window and waited. As they were waiting, Eugene saw a very familiar tall guy with dark brown hair walking with an unfamiliar drop dead gorgeous lady beside him linking arms. Her heart skipped a bit but thought that her mind was just playing games with her. Now I’m hallucinating. How great can this be?

  Oh? Isn’t that Hongbin?” Kim nudged her.

‘What? Is that really him?’ Out of jealousy, she dragged Kim out of his chair and linked arms with him.

  “Excuse me; can you just place our coffee on this table when it’s done? We’ll come back in a minute,” Eugene told the barista and she acknowledged.

She walked out of the café naturally and walked in front of Hongbin as if he was a stranger.

What the hell? Isn’t that Eugene? Why is she linking arms with Secretary Kim? 

Oh? Jeong Eugene?” Hongbin called out her name.

She looked at him feeling ‘surprised’ and acted to let go of Kim’s arm.

  “Oh? Oppa! What are you doing here?” she asked while quietly glancing at the girl beside him.

What now? He’s not letting go of her arm seriously?

He smiled and introduced Eugene to the stunning lady beside him, “Noona, meet Jeong Eugene.”

I am getting pissed off really. Did she just call her noona?!

  “Ah… so she’s the girl that you’ve been going crazy about. Hi Eugene! I’m Lee Eunbin, Hongbin’s biological noona. Nice meeting you!” she went towards her and gave Eugene a warm hug.

What? Biological noona? But how? He didn’t even share anything about his family ever since the accident. How come he’s acting all okay with his family like nothing has happened? But talking about her… she is so drop dead gorgeous.

  “Nice… to see you too! I’m Jeong Eugene, Hongbin’s-“ and she got interrupted.

  “Girl. She’s mine now. It’s a secret okay?” he finished her sentence. “What are you doing here?”

  “She decided to grab a cup of coffee after whining about your absence,” Kim admitted.

  “Oh? Shall we grab a cup of coffee too?” Eunbin suggested and Hongbin nodded.

The four of them went into a coffee and Eunbin made her order together with Hongbin’s.

  “You miss me already?” Hongbin asked cheekily.

  “Who said I was? I wasn’t okay,” she lied.

  “Don’t lie to me Eugene. You’re really bad at it,” Hongbin pointed to her.

  “Your sister is drop dead gorgeous,” Eugene blurted.

  “I know. I heard that a lot,” he nodded. “Who do you think she was? You think I was cheating on you?

  “Maybe?” she drank her coffee that was placed on her table.

Eunbin walked towards their table and joined the group of three.

  “I heard a lot about you from Hongbin,” Eunbin said. “I didn’t know his accident could be a daydream dressed like a nightmare.”

  “Sorry? You… knew about his accident?” Eugene asked.

  “Yeah, I’m the only one that knows about his current situation. When the hospital called, my family wasn’t around so I took the call and kept it a secret from everyone,” she explained.

  “Wow… you must’ve have gone through such a difficult situation so far,” Eugene awed.

  “It sure was, but when I found out about you, I wasn’t that worried. I can trust you on taking care of him right?” she smiled.

  “Of course you can! Is just that… you got to convince him to listen to me. Everytime I tried to protect him, he refused to listen and now look at him,” she said while pointing towards his cheek.

There was a light scar but it wasn’t that obvious until you go near towards him.

  “Yeap, I heard,” she chuckled and nodded.

  “You… knew about that too?” Eugene asked.

  “I have eyes and ears everywhere,” she winked.

Just for a while, Eugene had a cold shiver behind her back. Then the café started playing VIXX’s Hyde. Automatically, all eyes were on Hongbin and he was already sighing.

  “Must they play it here?” he said under his breath.

  “Should I get them to play a different song?” Eugene asked and stood up.

  “No, don’t. I think the played it in purpose ‘cause I’m here,” he said while lowering his head. “It’ll be for a short while. Don’t worry about me.”

Eunbin placed his head on her shoulder and covered his ears. I wonder how he could cope with all the practice in the studio… Hongbin shook his head and told her sister that he was fine.

  “I had a dream about this song last night,” he admitted.

  “What is it about?” Eugene asked.

I was at the front door of a very beautiful house but for some reason it felt like the house keeps a dark past behind it. Then I saw Eugene who was running away from something that I just couldn’t tell what it was. I offered my hand to her and she accepted it. Helping her to run away from something, I led her to a dark forest. For some reason, everything was dark, in an eerie way. I stopped walking for a moment and gave her a protective hug. I told her that I loved her but then something inside me just pushed and blurted that I hated her. She looked at me with those scared eyes that wished that she could just stop looking at me like that. I told her not to leave me but then I yelled at her to leave me alone. I wanted to tell her that that wasn’t me and it was someone else, but it was too late. I felt a very sharp pain on my chest that I had to grasp it. Then my head hurts… just like how I remembered Error. I pounded the ground in anguish, crying and cursing for nothing. At the corner of my eyes I saw Eugene staggering behind in fear but at the same time I don’t want her to leave because this is not me! There’s a crazy person inside of me and I just can’t control it. I screamed and yelled to her not to leave me behind but it was too late. She left me behind after running away too far.

  “And that I woke up with my cheeks covered with tears,” Hongbin concluded with eyes swollen with fear and trembling hands.

Eugene couldn’t do anything but to sigh heavily.

  “I know, it sounds exactly the same as the Hyde music video but every time you’re in my dream, it felt strange. It felt like, it was really going to come true,” Hongbin said. “I never knew you would leave me like that.”

  “It was just a dream oppa. There’s nothing to worry. I’m not leaving you anywhere,” she held his hand gently. “Let's take this slow okay? You’re going to gain attention.”

  “If the songs are really giving you a headache, don’t force yourself to listen to it. It’s not good for your mentality,” Kim advised.

  “Thank Secretary Kim,” Hongbin smiled weakly. “I have to go for my practice. I should get going.”

  “Okay sure! Is it okay if you go alone? I wanna have a talk with Eugene,” Eunbin said.

  “Ah! I can get Secretary Kim to send you,” she suggested. “You don’t mind right?”

  “Of course I don’t,” Kim smiled and gestured Hongbin to the exit door.

  “See you girls around!” Hongbin bid his goodbye.


Yay~! Okay, so I managed to get rid of my writer's block and um... I have been writing a lot of chapters in my computer! Definitely I won't put it all up here today~ I'll take it slow one by one. The name Eunbin that I've came up with as Hongbin's older sister is definitely fake. I hope you don't mind ^^"