She's back?

A Fear To Overcome

Just as the three boys went back in into their van, Ken and Hyuk spotted a familiar face walking pass right in front of their vehicle.

  “Hyung…” Hyuk nudged Ken.

  “I saw it too,” Ken responded.

Hongbin who was seated at the back couldn’t hear what they were talking about.

  “But how?” Hyuk asked.

  “Maybe she had other business here,” Ken said.

  “What other business does she have other than trying to get Hongbin back? Truly, she’s Shin Hyesoo,” Hyuk sighed.

  “Let’s just keep on a lookout alright? For now, let the other members know too,” Ken instructed and Hyuk nodded.

Quietly they drove back to the company. Ken headed straight to the practice room and gathered everyone. Hongbin then excused himself to use the gents.

  “Guys! I have news to share,” Ken said and everyone else gathered around.

  “Where’s Hongbin?” N asked.

  “He went to the gents,” Hyuk responded.

  “What’s wrong?” Leo asked.

  “We saw Shin Hyesoo while heading back here,” Ken informed.

  “You mean that Hyesoo who has been following us around before debut?” N asked.

  “Yes, that Shin Hyesoo. I have no idea what she’s doing here but I’m having a bad feeling about this,” Ken admitted.

  “Is she back for Hongbin? Does he even remember her?” Ravi asked.

Just then, Hongbin entered the practice room.

  “I heard my name. Did I miss anything?” Hongbin joined the gathering.

  “Oh it’s nothing. We’re just wondering if you remembered anyone by the name of Shin Hyesoo,” Hyuk blurted.

  “Shin Hyesoo? No, I don’t remember anyone with that name,” Hongbin recalled. “Is she related to us?”

  “Huh? Oh no, it’s nothing,” N covered up Hyuk’s mistake. “Let’s continue practicing.”

  “Eyes and ears open wide alright? Be alert,” Leo hinted everyone.

 Everyone catches Leo’s hint very well except for Hongbin. With that everyone continued practicing.

~~~Meanwhile~~~

Finally she reached home and she straight away dived onto her bed.

  “Ah… that was an exhausting flight,” Eugene said to herself.

  “No time to rest around. Let’s start packing their souvenirs,” she said and got off her bed.

She pulled her purple luggage bag and ped it. Yeap, it was packed with gifts for them, small boxes here and there.

She took out a very high quality pair of headsets and placed it in a paper bag. She took a post it paper and wrote Hyuk’s name on it. She placed it aside and took another box, this time it was a golden watch for Ravi. She wrapped it with a wrapping paper and wrote Ravi’s name on it. Next, she took out a box of BOSS perfume and placed it in a paper bag. She took out a post it paper and wrote Ken’s name on it. Then, she took out a man’s handbag; probably one of the biggest presents, she placed it in a bigger sized paper bag and indicated it as N’s. Leo’s present was an Italian designed shirt and a jar of pure Italian pasta sauce. She placed them nicely in a paper bag and wrote Leo’s name. Lastly, not forgetting Hongbin’s, she took out a box, and inside of it, was a customized brown leather watch just for him. At the face of the watch, 'Hong Bin' was written on it. She smiled at it and hoped that he would love it.

After she’s done packing all the gifts, she cleaned up the mess and went for a shower. You know, when she’s back in Korea that means she’s back to business. And when she’s back to business, a name popped up in her mine, Shin Hyesoo. Eugene is still not done with her. After she had her shower, she called for Kim and asked for Hyesoo’s details. Then she got a call from an unknown number.

  “Hello?” Eugene answered.

  “Eugene? It’s Eunbin here,” the lady from the other line said.

  “Oh! Eonni~!” Eugene exclaimed. “How do you get my number?”

  “Um… I got it from your boyfriend of course. Can we meet up for a while? Maybe at the café we met before?” she suggested.

  “Oh sure! I’ll go get myself ready then,” Eugene said.

It was a short phone call which made Eugene wondered what the reason could be behind it. She took out a set of lavender scented candles and placed it in a paper bag. She put on her winter clothes and called for Secretary Kim.

  “I need to meet up with Eunbin eonni,” she informed him.

Kim nodded and followed her along. Going into the usual café, she couldn’t spot for Eunbin. She sat somewhere at the corner of the café and waited for her. Not long after, Eunbin arrived. Eugene waved her hand to indicate where she was and Eunbin went up towards her.

  “Oh eonnie! I bought for you these,” Eugene said while handing her the paper bag filled with scented candles.

  “Aww~ thank you Eugene!” Eunbin thanked her.

  “So what’s the matter? Is there something urgent?” Eugene asked.

  “Do you remember the girl, Shin Hyesoo we talked about last week?” Eunbin asked and Eugene nodded.

  “I was informed by Ken that he saw her at the airport after you guys got separated while going home,” Eunbin informed. “She’s back and I thought it would be best if we keep an alert if she ever comes near any of you.”

  “What’s the worst thing she has ever done to oppa?” Eugene asked.

  “She tried kidnapping Hongbin,” Eunbin said. “Hongbin doesn’t look tough back then. He used to be the flower boy and he wasn’t that muscular either.”

  “Then why does she even want him back?” Eugene asked in frustration.

  “Don’t you get it Eugene? It’s called obsession,” Eunbin said.

  “Oh my gosh…” she sighed.

  “If she ever gets close to you, avoid her.” Eunbin said.

  “But other than the rest and you, no one else know that Hongbin has a girlfriend,” Eugene lowered her volume.

  “Hyesoo might find out about it. You’ll never know. She loves Hongbin so much that she’ll do whatever to keep in touch with his activities. And if she finds out something, she'll start spreading false rumours,” Eunbin informed.

  “She is completely a headache,” Eugene sighed and could feel her blood boiling.

  “Promise me something,” Eunbin said.

  “What is it?” Eugene asked.

  “Never let your relationship with Hongbin be swayed by her actions understand?” Eunbin said. “And whatever happens, just prepare yourself. You’re a strong lady and I know it.”

  “Okay eonni. I promise,” and they did a pinky promise. "I have to get going. The boys will be meeting me later in the hotel."

  "Okay sure. Take care alright?" Eunbin patted her shoulder and Eugene nodded.

Eugene went back to the hotel and she went straight to the swimming pool. She sat on a chair and watched the orange skies getting darker. Sooner or later, she got a text from Hongbin.

From: Hongbin

  Where are you?

From: Eugene

  I'm at the swimming pool. You're here already?

From: Hongbin

  Yeah, we're at the front door of your room.

From: Eugene

  Okay, I'm coming.

Eugene got up from her seat and made her way up. She went out from the lift and saw the group of boys waiting outside.

  "Sorry guys! I didn't know you'll be here early," she said while tapping her card to unlock the door.

  "Nah, it's okay~ We just got here anyway,” N said and they all entered.

Everyone sat at the sofa and Eugene placed their gifts on the table.

  “So, who wants to get their souvenir first?” Eugene asked excitedly.

  “ME!” Ken rose up his hand.

  “Okay, Ken oppa. Here you go!” she handed over the paper bag.

She then passed the rest of the souvenirs to their owners except Hongbin.

  “Where’s… mine?” he asked while looking around.

Everyone stared at him blankly.

  “I… didn’t get anything for you...” Eugene lied.

  “What? How is that possible? You must be hiding it somewhere,”Hongbin faked a laugh.

  “But seriously, I thought having me by your side now is the biggest present you can ever have…” she blurted and all Hongbin could do was to give her a ‘you’ve got to be kidding me’ look.

  “Ye…ah! Of course! Silly me,” Hongbin faked a laugh.

Just the Eugene burst into laughter.

  “I was just joking! HAHA! Here, this is yours,” she took it out from the coffee table’s drawer.

Hongbin gave her a confused look and took the gift from her.

  “I really didn’t know what to get for you so, I thought a customized watch will be good,” she scratched the back of her head.

The moment he opened the box, he was speechless. He took out the watch and brought it closer to him.

  “Hong Bin,” he read out his name on the watch.

  “So how was it? Do you guys like it?” Eugene asked feeling proud.

  “We love it,” Ken exclaimed goofily.

  “You know us too well,” Leo said smiling while showing the bottle of pasta sauce.

  “Make good pasta with that okay?” Eugene smiled brightly.

Ken sprayed a bit of his perfume onto himself and he smelled it.

  “My kind of smell, good choice,” he said and for a moment everyone realized that he was doing a CF.

Everyone laughed and had a good time. As Ravi was busy admiring his golden watch, Eugene approached him.

  “Ravi-ah, can I talk to you for a while?” Eugene asked.

  “Oh sure,” he said and they excused themselves.

  “What is it?” Ravi asked.

  “Remember when we were waiting for Hongbin’s brain check when he was in the hospital? And we were left alone in the ward, do you remember?” Eugene asked.

  “Of course!” Ravi nodded. “What about it?”

  “The first thing you asked me was whether I was a sasaeng fan right?” Eugene asked.

  “Oh that… yeah. Are you still holding on a grudge about that still?” Ravi cornered his lips.

  “What? Grudge? Of course not!” Eugene laughed. “I was just wondering… the reason why you asked me that was because you thought I was somehow working for Shin Hyesoo is it?"

The moment Ravi heard her name, his face stiffened.

  "Where did you hear that name from?" Ravi asked seriously.

  "Hongbin's sister told me everything about it just before I went for Italy. I also found out that Hyesoo was spotted in the airport," Eugene informed.

  "Yeah, Ken told us about that too. Do you recognize her?" Ravi asked.

  "Nope," she shook her head.

  "She's really dangerous. All she want was Hongbin to herself. If she finds out that he has you, both of you will have to face a lot, and I really mean a lot, of challenges," Ravi informed. "Honestly speaking, N hyung and I had a bad impression of you because we thought you were worki g for Hyesoo, but I guess you proved us wrong."

  "Pfft. But I don't who she is. Eunbin eonni told me the same thing too," Eugene sighed while nodding.

  "The good thing is, Hongbin couldn't remember her," Ravi lowered down his volume.

Then Hongbin approached them.

  "Why? What's going on? You're conversation seems a bit tense," Hongbin said as he wrapped his arms around Eugene's shoulder.

  "Oh nothing, we were just talking about some serious matters," Eugene smiled.

  "What about?" he asked.

  "That's... Something I can't share with you," she cornered her lips.

  "Well okay. If there's something I don't need to know, then I won't," Hongbin nodded.